Speak about anything related to Asphalt 8!

DriverFunk

Veteran

Apple TV (iOS)

Bulgaria

Re: Gauntlet Mode

Wed Mar 31, 2021 5:58 pm
nks71 wrote:
The concept of gauntlet is easy: big fish - small fish.

I like this definition!   :D

But some fishes only pretend to be "small".

My favorites are the ones that put Dart as a 5th car.
And even more favorite are those with Dart & R8 e-tron as a 4th & 5th cars.   :x
Racing Name: DriverFunk™
no avatar

nks71

Veteran

Windows Phone

Greece

Wed Mar 31, 2021 7:06 pm
DriverFunk wrote:
nks71 wrote:

And even more favorite are those with Dart & R8 e-tron as a 4th & 5th cars.   :x

The thing is that a big fish can pretend to be small, but unfortunately that doesn't work the other way around! :-D

CortoMaltz

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Thu Apr 01, 2021 7:49 am
Navaja wrote:
This is very unfair, as it shows in the ss, people with more than 300 rank points are playing against me, there is nothing to do about, althought youre a very good driver, the competition is absolutely unfair. Might be forbidden to challenge people with more than 100 rank points of difference. Too hard to reach a place between 101-200 this way, and the rewards in places + 200 is just garbage, if you need golden kit cards,  engines or tech items to upgrade cars the quest is just impossible.

Ehh, unfair indeed, the whole Asphalt 8 is either unfair or unreasonable (for example, MP matchmaking, prices of cars/upgrades/bundles/whatever and so on). Courtesy of StealLoft, that's how they think they will thrive and prosper ✌️🤑

And with this Junklet mode, as you noticed - it is based on idea that GL tries to make racers buy and upgrade cars, and spend their boosters. Yep, unless you upgrade your cars, no wins for you in Junklet. Also, if you don't use boosters, no wins for you either. Pay to be a winner, says StealLoft. 

Funnily enough, if you were not in elite league but in one of the lower ones, you'd probably be better off avoiding buying and upgrading your cars completely! 😁
GL: "We can change any cars' stats whenever we want, reduce your inventories again, run two Mookstivals per week if we need to and cancel this Forum tomorrow. What can you do about it, Racer?"
Racer: I can expose your dirty deeds, not give you any cash, not play your games and/or quit Asphalt 8 before you go broke  8-)

CortoMaltz

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Thu Apr 01, 2021 8:00 am
DriverFunk wrote:
nks71 wrote:

I simply call those very bright fish-racers - "Clowns", with big C 🤡 ;) .
Why? Even my grandma can see their fifth car, they cannot fool her  :D
And of course I don't ever challenge Clowns  8-)
GL: "We can change any cars' stats whenever we want, reduce your inventories again, run two Mookstivals per week if we need to and cancel this Forum tomorrow. What can you do about it, Racer?"
Racer: I can expose your dirty deeds, not give you any cash, not play your games and/or quit Asphalt 8 before you go broke  8-)

DriverFunk

Veteran

Apple TV (iOS)

Bulgaria

Thu Apr 01, 2021 8:36 am
CortoMaltz  wrote:
"Clowns", with big C 🤡 ;)

I think so too   :)
Racing Name: DriverFunk™
no avatar

Navaja

Google Play (Android)

Thu Apr 01, 2021 8:30 pm
CortoMaltz wrote:
Funnily enough, if you were not in elite league but in one of the lower ones, you'd probably be better off avoiding buying and upgrading your cars completely! 😁

Thats the trap, they give garbage festival cars with high stock ranks just to put you in a higher league where its impossible to compete unless you upgrade your best cars in garage, which in the other hand are just impossible to upgrade as golden kit cards are needed for it. With gauntlet badges I cant buy more than 1 or 2 golden cards per season because i never can reach a <100 place. So the only thing the gauntlet mode is useful for me is getting 20.000 FuCs per day. Thats all this game gives actually, gauntlet garbage mode and boring multiplayer speed tests. Festivals are boring, multiplayer seasons are full of cheaters and need lots of boosters to be competitive, events are boring too, always the same rutine, so whats left here? Seriously thinking about leaving it for a while or maybe forever
no avatar

nks71

Veteran

Windows Phone

Greece

Thu Apr 01, 2021 8:37 pm
I was in CB since last night and when I opened the gauntlet today I got this (see pic).
Is this normal, meaning the races I've been challenged not logged, when you're on CB?

PS
I got out of CB half an hour ago.
Attachments
wp_ss_20210401_0001.png
wp_ss_20210401_0001.png (330.96 KiB) Viewed 629 times

ylmzTRk

Veteran

Windows PC

Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:48 pm
Yes, it is normal. When you enter in/out of CB, your LB changes.
You won't see the previous challenges as your LB is different now.
no avatar

nks71

Veteran

Windows Phone

Greece

Thu Apr 01, 2021 10:26 pm
ylmzTRk wrote:
Yes, it is normal. When you enter in/out of CB, your LB changes.
You won't see the previous challenges as your LB is different now.

Thanks 👍
That's what happened, I'm out of CB now on a different LB.

LT43

Windows PC

Thu Apr 01, 2021 11:22 pm
CortoMaltz wrote:
I simply call those very bright fish-racers - "Clowns", with big C 🤡 ;) .
Why? Even my grandma can see their fifth car, they cannot fool her  :D
And of course I don't ever challenge Clowns  8-)

I agree. I don't bother playing against them unless there is noone else near me, as often happens in my Pro Gauntlet races. But, as others have said, all the cars are there to see. I know how much time it takes to run a track and therefor how many cars are actually used, and I use that to get an insight into what I'm dealing with. But still it's best to avoid those people.

As for fairness, I think Gaunlet IS fair. The rating (not rank) each has is a reflection of the cars and skills of the player. The idea is that players with similar results are shown together when selecting a challenge. Each has about the same chance as the other. For one, perhaps the cars are so strong that it makes up for poor skills. For another, maybe the skills are so good that it makes up for poor cars. So the matching, I think, makes sense.
ALERT: This forum is closing soon.  The new A8 independent forum is here: https://asphalt8.freeforums.net
Go sign up now!!