Speak about anything related to Asphalt 8!

Igor Polski

Veteran

Windows PC

Re: Gauntlet Mode

Fri Nov 27, 2020 2:18 am
TheGoldenRetrieverAU wrote:
Clecle wrote:
The same player has beaten 3 times in a row my time on Guiana Reverse -42 points. With 44.100 I thought that it was a very good time and difficult to beat not like this.

Dont forget, they might have been beaten after they beat you lose rating points and be put into the same pool of opponents with you again. If they recognise your name then they might get you as an easy win.

I did just this yesterday. Beat a player's time and went up, lost the next race so back down and the same player was there so I took the easy victory again. Normal behaviour of this abnormal mode.

ETA 44.1 is impossible in French Guiana even with a space shuttle.
no avatar

Clecle

Windows PC

Fri Nov 27, 2020 5:53 am
Yep sorry for my mistake, I meant 54.1 on french guiana rev with x2, jesko, senna. Yep it is possible at 53.3 and possibly less with the centenario. I agree with you, there are a lot of easy win. You increase your rating with your tickets and then it decreases no matter what happens (as players leave their race if you beat them with your defense race but it burns their tickets and they don't receive the fusions coins).
no avatar

breizatao

Windows PC

Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:49 pm
oldman65Ouais, ce mode est fracturé. Tant que je peux récupérer les récompenses quotidiennes, je continuerai à jouer, mais le gameplay de ce mode est juste un échec complet. 🥱

+1 Yes @Oldman; I would add: ".... and perverted by all the hac*k..... look who's at the top of the rankings and you'll ALWAYS understood".

oldman65

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Fri Nov 27, 2020 9:26 pm
breizatao wrote:
oldman65Ouais, ce mode est fracturé. Tant que je peux récupérer les récompenses quotidiennes, je continuerai à jouer, mais le gameplay de ce mode est juste un échec complet. 🥱

+1 Yes @Oldman; I would add: ".... and perverted by all the hac*k..... look who's at the top of the rankings and you'll ALWAYS understood".

Yep, I just play for the daily rewards. No way to "win" this mode. Just have to play the 5 races per day and hope it doesn't crash and take my tickets...
Car I most want added to A8:
       1991 MAZDA 787B

AndreeaFromGameloft

Community Manager

Windows PC

Gauntlet Mode

Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:18 pm
Hello!

I have no ''news'' from the team for now. Most likely they will fix this in the December update.

The update will probably arrive mid December.

I'll try, however, to get a compensation for you all for this mess.
''Never one, without the other'' - Greatest story between me and games

oldman65

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:47 pm
AndreeaFromGameloft wrote:
Hello!

I have no ''news'' from the team for now. Most likely they will fix this in the December update.

The update will probably arrive mid December.

I'll try, however, to get a compensation for you all for this mess.

That would be great. Appreciate you. 👍
       1991 MAZDA 787B

Владо_Б

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Sat Nov 28, 2020 11:14 am
Clecle wrote:
The same player has beaten 3 times in a row my time on Guiana Reverse -42 points. With 44.100 I thought that it was a very good time and difficult to beat not like this.

Dont forget, they might have been beaten after they beat you lose rating points and be put into the same pool of opponents with you again. If they recognise your name then they might get you as an easy win.

It's like systematic harassment by someone. When I beat someone if they push me back and see him, I chose someone else. Or today, for example, with @melnik1981 I beat him once, the next time I saw him I deliberately stopped at the finish line to make the result equal. It's like walking down a street and always having someone harass you every time. But everyone is different  :D

oldman65

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Sat Nov 28, 2020 5:00 pm
Владо_Б wrote:
Clecle wrote:

It's like systematic harassment by someone. When I beat someone if they push me back and see him, I chose someone else. Or today, for example, with @melnik1981 I beat him once, the next time I saw him I deliberately stopped at the finish line to make the result equal. It's like walking down a street and always having someone harass you every time. But everyone is different  :D

It's not harassment if you are like me and lose the race most of the time. 😝 I'm just giving them points. They won't care if I do that over and over again. 👍
       1991 MAZDA 787B
no avatar

German Old

Windows PC

Sat Nov 28, 2020 5:38 pm
There are gray circles again! ::)
My English is Translate!Image
no avatar

Jpc

Apple (iOS)

Sun Nov 29, 2020 3:08 am
I had two gauntlet races yesterday which I lost by just a few 100s of a second - but it still gave me the win even though it clearly showed the other person had a slightly quicker time - I'm not complaining though lol

I was just on the opposite end of this. I beat someone by 2 hundredths of a second but was marked as defeated. You would think GameLoft could at least get times correct.