Speak about anything related to Asphalt 8!
no avatar

comeongameloft

Veteran

Windows PC
Posts

552

Re: Gauntlet Mode

Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:32 am
8Bàll wrote:
Try driving ahead of the ghost   ;D

lol Cheeky devil
Gameloft - the company with limitless greed and no shame.

 
User avatar

oldman65

Veteran

Apple (iOS)
Posts

4833

Re: Gauntlet Mode

Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:08 pm
AuspiciousStone wrote:
oldman65 wrote:
I’m also on the CB again. Wonder if Gauntlet can trigger it... only ran one MP race this morning with a base e-tron. Weird. But my Leaderboards are fracked now for TLEs. Can’t tell with Gauntlet mode. Maybe one of the crashes threw me in there.

Fun times... 🤣

Same happened to me monday. Did a couple gauntlet races and the TLE right after start of new gauntlet season. Somehow was put on CB and the crashes/spinning wheels started. 
I waited 24 hours to get out of CB. During this time noone challenged me, which is unusual.
When released from CB ran a gauntlet challenge. I was at P6 on my LB, after the challenge I was P1 in another division / LB. I didn't recognize any of the names from before. 

Can you check the top of your LB too before and after CB? I'm curious to know if this has happened to others.

 Once I got out of the CB, the TLE LB went back to normal. But I ran another race and my old time was deleted and replaced with my new slower time. 🤣 Had to rerun a few more times to get it back down to a good time. 

The Gauntlet LB might be different, but I can't remember what it was when I was on the CB. Sorry about that. I'd guess it changed just like the other LBs. But I'm not sure.

 This Gauntlet season has been weird from the start. When I completed my initial qualifying lap at the beginning to set my defense time, I got a screen that said I was defeated by another racer who had a 0:00:000 time. 🤣

My time was still recorded and I was allowed to proceed with the rest of the season, but that was an early indicator of how this season was going to go.
Car I most want added to A8:
       1991 MAZDA 787B
no avatar

comeongameloft

Veteran

Windows PC
Posts

552

Re: Gauntlet Mode

Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:15 pm
I had two gauntlet races yesterday which I lost by just a few 100s of a second - but it still gave me the win even though it clearly showed the other person had a slightly quicker time - I'm not complaining though lol
Gameloft - the company with limitless greed and no shame.

 
User avatar

oldman65

Veteran

Apple (iOS)
Posts

4833

Re: Gauntlet Mode

Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:18 pm
Yeah this mode is fracked. As long as I can grab the daily rewards I’ll keep playing, but the gameplay of this mode is just a complete fail. 🥱
Car I most want added to A8:
       1991 MAZDA 787B
User avatar

LT43

Senior Member

Windows PC
Posts

275

Re: Gauntlet Mode

Wed Nov 25, 2020 8:16 pm
oldman65 wrote:
Yeah this mode is fracked. As long as I can grab the daily rewards I’ll keep playing, but the gameplay of this mode is just a complete fail. 🥱

If GL follows the pattern we saw in Showdown mode (Oh how I miss that!), then those nice race rewards will be short lived.
BRING BACK SHOWDOWN  :P  ... let us laugh again!!!
User avatar

Владо_Б

Veteran

Google Play (Android)
Posts

1158

Re: Gauntlet Mode

Wed Nov 25, 2020 8:31 pm
LT43 wrote:
oldman65 wrote:
Yeah this mode is fracked. As long as I can grab the daily rewards I’ll keep playing, but the gameplay of this mode is just a complete fail. 🥱

If GL follows the pattern we saw in Showdown mode (Oh how I miss that!), then those nice race rewards will be short lived.

I'm really afraid of that, cause it's the only thing that give me incentive to still play this game  :(
 
User avatar

CortoMaltz

Veteran

Google Play (Android)
Posts

870

Re: Gauntlet Mode

Thu Nov 26, 2020 12:45 am
Владо_Б wrote:
LT43 wrote:
oldman65 wrote:
Yeah this mode is fracked. As long as I can grab the daily rewards I’ll keep playing, but the gameplay of this mode is just a complete fail. 🥱

If GL follows the pattern we saw in Showdown mode (Oh how I miss that!), then those nice race rewards will be short lived.

I'm really afraid of that, cause it's the only thing that give me incentive to still play this game  :(

Vlado_B. Let me get this straight, the only thing that keeps you playing A8 are x5 daily purple card rewards and a handful of fUcS? 🤔
Hmm, that's still somewhat better than saying "Junklet is the only thing that give me incentive..."  ;D
Another Mookstival? Another good reason to quit Asphalt 8  :D
Kharkiv gamelofters are gamelofting all racers except ch3aters  ;)
@CortoMaltz: no $$ for StealLoft
no avatar

Clecle

Member

Windows PC
Posts

75

Re: Gauntlet Mode

Thu Nov 26, 2020 9:46 pm
The same player has beaten 3 times in a row my time on Guiana Reverse -42 points. With 44.100 I thought that it was a very good time and difficult to beat not like this.
User avatar

TheGoldenRetrieverAU

Veteran

Apple (iOS)
Posts

502

Re: Gauntlet Mode

Fri Nov 27, 2020 12:59 am
Clecle wrote:
The same player has beaten 3 times in a row my time on Guiana Reverse -42 points. With 44.100 I thought that it was a very good time and difficult to beat not like this.

Dont forget, they might have been beaten after they beat you lose rating points and be put into the same pool of opponents with you again. If they recognise your name then they might get you as an easy win.
User avatar

Neilson

Veteran

Google Play (Android)
Posts

4277

Re: Gauntlet Mode

Fri Nov 27, 2020 2:13 am
TheGoldenRetrieverAU wrote:
Clecle wrote:
The same player has beaten 3 times in a row my time on Guiana Reverse -42 points. With 44.100 I thought that it was a very good time and difficult to beat not like this.

Dont forget, they might have been beaten after they beat you lose rating points and be put into the same pool of opponents with you again. If they recognise your name then they might get you as an easy win.

Ain't no way anybody set a time in French G rev of 44 seconds !  I don't think so