Speak about anything related to Asphalt 8!
no avatar

drhunziksv

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Re: Gauntlet Mode

Mon Nov 23, 2020 2:59 pm
here my fav strategy:
do gud qualificaton (u can quit before race end)
collect daily rewards , dont care if lose or win
collect 22 tickets from mpe cup
last day of season use all to climb up to most reachable pos
anyway if u dont have killer cars u will be stuck between some positions (in my case its always between 30-100 depending on other users)

Pepperpot

Veteran

Windows PC

Mon Nov 23, 2020 6:36 pm
Absolute fecking joke. Used 4 out of 5 tickets to get a decentish time in my defense bit, only wrecking once due to the trashy MaClarens.
Attachments
FFS.png
FFS.png (336.65 KiB) Viewed 298 times
no avatar

8Bàll

Google Play (Android)

Mon Nov 23, 2020 6:49 pm
I could be wrong but if you quit the time setting race before finishing,  you do not waste a ticket. This happened to me in the last season.

SmoothOperator

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:08 pm
8Bàll wrote:
I could be wrong but if you quit the time setting race before finishing,  you do not waste a ticket. This happened to me in the last season.

No you are not wrong, you can have as many runs as you want to get that one perfect time in the time setting race, but make sure you quit before finish line if you feel you can have a better time. But once you have crossed the finish line then to improve time you will be required to use your tickets.
We can't change the direction of the wind, but we can adjust the sails.

I am responsible for what I said not for what you understood.

Pepperpot

Veteran

Windows PC

Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:53 pm
I wished I knew that before. I'm sure I did finish one tho.

Danger Mouse

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:00 am
Kadri wrote:
I believe there are 500 players per group. So top 500 is actually guaranteed.

It's launched with 1000 and I've been below 500 since so I think it's still 1000. They did however drop the prized for 501+
Gameloft: No pride, no shame, no accountability, no care. Thanks for treating your customers with contempt.
no avatar

A8PG

Windows PC

Tue Nov 24, 2020 1:14 am
Seems like Gaunlet is faulty again. Anyone else facing this issue, or is just me ?
Attachments
2020-11-24.jpg
2020-11-24.jpg (466.83 KiB) Viewed 209 times
no avatar

thomasvan11

Windows PC

Tue Nov 24, 2020 1:32 am
Game crashed after each of my first 2 Gauntlet races. The game crash while race was loading on my next 2 attempts. Goodbye tickets, boosters, and the credits and fusion coins used to purchase those boosters. GAMELOFT continues to steal from it's customers and doesn't give a damn about making things right. All the items and rewards that are lost/stolen are never replaced. This game is riddled with issues that GAMELOFT continues to ignore. HORRIBLE BUSINESS PRACTICES!!!
no avatar

A8PG

Windows PC

Tue Nov 24, 2020 1:39 am
thomasvan11 wrote:
Game crashed after each of my first 2 Gauntlet races. The game crash while race was loading on my next 2 attempts. Goodbye tickets, boosters, and the credits and fusion coins used to purchase those boosters. GAMELOFT continues to steal from it's customers and doesn't give a damn about making things right. All the items and rewards that are lost/stolen are never replaced. This game is riddled with issues that GAMELOFT continues to ignore. HORRIBLE BUSINESS PRACTICES!!!

Same happend to my in MP, the game crashing often, while loading the race. Today only, I lost around 100 points just by this. 
So is not from my device, but something wrong from GL side. Another time confirming that is not worth spending money for this game.

TheGoldenRetrieverAU

Apple (iOS)

Tue Nov 24, 2020 1:55 am
I dont trust one bit of programming in this mode.
I have a FXX K which has been at rank 1800 since the start of the last gauntlet season, updated to 1810 (I have cards and FuC's so why not). My defence cars listed its at rank 1742... yet the total rank is still the same, recorded vs selected.

Racing log of last 5 activities... IT NEVER SHOWS 5 ACTIVITIES.. always 4 or less. even if I race 5 races in a row. Close the app and start over, sometimes it shows 4, sometimes it shows 1.

Still getting spinning circles for races, although it does start eventually, so I am better off than others.

Does anyone know why sometimes you lose/gain 14 or 16 rating points instead of 15? I tried to sus it out with car ranks, rating point differences just cant find any consistency