Speak about anything related to Asphalt 8!

CortoMaltz

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Re: Halloween Update 5.4.0 Discussion

Thu Oct 29, 2020 12:58 pm
Itsyou18 wrote:
What update? Im away for 12 hours and the forum is a buzz. I have not updated yet but I'm wondering is it worth it ? Corto, what do you think of all this tripe? I reckon triple boosting will be greater then ever. Good for the GL coffers. 1 year of triple boosting is 406AUD! Faaaark dat. It is.... well I don't want to say.p

No update for me yet, and for the better, given how glitchy it is, crashing everything.
No good can possibly come from Gameglitch.
They don't bring something in for people to enjoy.
There's a catch with this 💩 new mode, come on. 

1) They want people to updgrade cars. Cash. No other way possible. Really? I ain't upgrading dust
2) They want people to boost. Buy boosters. Mostly cash. Really? Not me fellas
3) They say "massive rewards". Hahaha, yeah right, for newbies maybe, who don't know nuthin' 😂😂
All in all, i couldn't care less. 
Bugs and glitches are gonna finally kill this game off, pretty pretty soon. 
Oh yeah, I forgot - wanna fully enjoy this game? Buy a high-end device! 😁
But let's wait until Gametroll starts producing tablets and phones, those are gunna be the best 😂
Another Mookstival? Another good reason to quit Asphalt 8  :D
Kharkiv gamelofters are gamelofting all racers except ch3aters  ;)
@CortoMaltz: no $$ for StealLoft

oldman65

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Thu Oct 29, 2020 1:17 pm
Владо_Б wrote:
I don't have update yet, but i just saw a video in YT about this new mode and i can't understand it. What is more important? To have high ranked cars which i don't like  (slippery X2, maxed only tank Devel, touchy AIE and so on) and hardly will beat any time on someone with other top cars or cars that i can trust, but 1700 - 1780 rank ???

You pick your 5 cars. They total up the rank and slot you into a league (Amateur up to Elite) and drop you into a 1000 player division with other racers of the same league. You can choose which league you go into by picking the properly ranked cars, but you will be stuck in that league and 1000 player division for the whole season and the rewards vary based on the league. Amateur getting the least and increasingly better rewards up to Elite that has the best rewards. You have complete control over the cars you pick. You don't want the X2 sliding around everywhere, then pick something else... It is up to you.

The concept is fine, but right now it is buggy and just doesn't work right. I am withholding judgement until I can play a version that actually works. At least it is actual racing, unlike showdown that was nothing more than organized combat... 😂 

I'll also say that this eliminates much of the connection issues that plague MP. The races are not live. They are more like TLEs and you just end racing against the ghosts of other players who have run the track you are on. You win and you take points from them. You lose and you give them points. At least that is as much as I could gleen before the mode started crashing the app every time I try it.

Hopefully, they straighten it out soon. The rewards are worth playing for at the very least...
Car I most want added to A8:
       1991 MAZDA 787B
no avatar

drhunziksv

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Thu Oct 29, 2020 1:19 pm
notice that somehow MP tuning is valid here too, because a racer that wants to challenge u will see ur total rank, but not the total speed. as such, if u are in CL (8000-9000) and ur rank is closer to 8000, it will be challenged more often, but if ur cars are tuned to max speed for lower rank, then the time will be hard to beat. That is what I am doing now. In this respect festival caNs are a plague because they increase this rank like crazy but the performance is not gud.
in CL is 8000-9000 which is my stay-class since > 9000 means an average of rank 1800 x car which I will never have.

audiorapture

MVP

Apple (iOS)

IOS

Thu Oct 29, 2020 1:21 pm
CortoMaltz wrote:
3) They say "massive rewards". Hahaha, yeah right, for newbies maybe, who don't know nuthin' 😂😂

It's GL speak - there are a *lot* of rewards, but their value is...
Contact Customer Care to get a ticket ID: viewtopic.php?f=1908&t=699439
IOS friending requires Facebook, send me a private message to link up
Playing A8 since Feb 22, 2016. Own 269 vehicles. Total Play Time: 84d 16h. The FLU ate my other stats.
Support Info: IOS, Player ID 6hde | Signature Update: Aug 11, 2020
"Blogging is not writing. It's graffiti with punctuation."

AndreeaFromGameloft

Community Manager

Windows PC

Halloween Update 5.4.0 Discussion

Thu Oct 29, 2020 1:34 pm
Hello, guys!

The Gauntlet will be taken down shortly to fix some of the bugs.

Let me give you a bit of clarification in regards to gauntlet mode.

- Player has to own 5 cars to enter the Gauntlet.
-To participate in qualification race (QR), player has to choose a deck of any 5 cars he owns. Different cars could be selected each time Player wants to improve his time.
-Player has a one free attempt to set the time on his home track. After that, each next race to improve the result requires a ticket.
-The race is a tag-racing with selected cars. Player's best Ghost on the home track should be saved until season ends.

Leagues Distribution
  1. In each season player is assigned to the specific league based on his best cars rank.
  2. League can't be changed until the next season.

League brackets

Garage score (GS) = best team score, sum of players top 5 cars ranks.

Rank from Tuning Kit doesn't count.

League 1: 9000 < GS

League 2: 8000 < GS ≤ 9000

League 3: 7000 < GS ≤ 8000

League 4: 6000< GS ≤ 7000

League 5: GS ≤ 6000

Challenge (active gameplay)

Challenging an opponent, player tries to beat the ghost set by the opponent on his home track during QR. Beating the ghost adds rank. If player lost to the ghost - rank decreases.

When challenging, the player receives a selective set of opponents with a similar rating (up to 5 opponents, the set should include players with both lower and higher rating, but approximately within the player's own performance indicators) and a home track different from his own (player cannot attack opponents with the similar home track).

To challenge someone player have to choose one of the opponents from the set.

If player doesn't like the set for some reason, he can reroll it to receive more suitable opponents. Reroll is a free option with a cooldown.

Each race is paid with a ticket (both successful or not)

Each challenge race grants standard credit rewards for Medals
Player will also get a daily challenge reward for several challenges (both successful or not)
Any race in which the player hasn't reached race result screen (left) is counted as a loss and takes the corresponding number of rating points away
When an opponent is selected player should beat the ghost set by the opponent on his home track.

Defense (passive gameplay)

"Defense" - someone tries to beat your ghost.

Defensing player gets rating if someone has lost to his ghost, and loses rating if someone has beaten player's time.

To "protect" himself from attacks player can improve the time set on his home track during the season (with a cost of the Ticket) by replaying QR.

Player can take the same set of cars that he used in QR, or another one

Each defense race costs a ticket.

Player's rating doesn't change with QR races

If player didn't beat his time, the best ghost remains.

Revenge

If player was challenged and defeated, he has the possibility to punish the attacker in response.

By pressing the "Revenge" button in the history of challenges player goes to the attacker's home track and tries to beat the last recorded ghost the attacker had set

Revenge could be performed only once, regardless of its outcome

After the player has avenged the attacker, he cannot be avenged with the same attacker in return.
Rating points should be added or subtracted according to the standard scheme.

Tickets

Each race in Gauntlet except the first one is paid with a special Ticket.

The number of tickets is limited per day.

After the player runs out of Tickets, he can:

Win Bonus Tickets in another events as a reward;
Wait for the Tickets refill.
If player leaves the race, the spent ticket will not be returned.

Tickets refill

The total number of free tickets refills every day.

Player can also win bonus tickets as items in different activities.

There is a timer that shows the time until the next tickets refill.

Bonus tickets

Player can get Bonus Tickets in other ingame activities.

Bonus tickets will be shown in the Gauntlet only, and have to be reset when new season starts. Bonus Tickets are shown as separate counter from free tickets.

During the Gauntlet season, player will use regular tickets first, and bonus tickets afterwards if they want

Bonus tickets (Golden Gauntlet Tickets) could set as reward in:
  1. Milestone Ads Lottery (milestone reward)
  2. Bundles in the shop
  3. Festival reward
  4. TLE reward
  5. Multiplayer reward

I can answer a few more question in regards to gauntlet if needed.
For now Android is out for 50% of the player base (it's always been like this).
When I'll receive a new email about the update being out, I'll let you all know.
No sign of Windows platform for now.
''Never one, without the other'' - Greatest story between me and games

Alexatrom

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Thu Oct 29, 2020 1:41 pm
AndreeaFromGameloft wrote:
Hello, guys!

The Gauntlet will be taken down shortly to fix some of the bugs.

Let me give you a bit of clarification in regards to gauntlet mode.

- Player has to own 5 cars to enter the Gauntlet.
-To participate in qualification race (QR), player has to choose a deck of any 5 cars he owns. Different cars could be selected each time Player wants to improve his time.
-Player has a one free attempt to set the time on his home track. After that, each next race to improve the result requires a ticket.
-The race is a tag-racing with selected cars. Player's best Ghost on the home track should be saved until season ends.

Leagues Distribution
  1. In each season player is assigned to the specific league based on his best cars rank.
  2. League can't be changed until the next season.

League brackets

Garage score (GS) = best team score, sum of players top 5 cars ranks.

Rank from Tuning Kit doesn't count.

League 1: 9000 < GS

League 2: 8000 < GS ≤ 9000

League 3: 7000 < GS ≤ 8000

League 4: 6000< GS ≤ 7000

League 5: GS ≤ 6000

Challenge (active gameplay)

Challenging an opponent, player tries to beat the ghost set by the opponent on his home track during QR. Beating the ghost adds rank. If player lost to the ghost - rank decreases.

When challenging, the player receives a selective set of opponents with a similar rating (up to 5 opponents, the set should include players with both lower and higher rating, but approximately within the player's own performance indicators) and a home track different from his own (player cannot attack opponents with the similar home track).

To challenge someone player have to choose one of the opponents from the set.

If player doesn't like the set for some reason, he can reroll it to receive more suitable opponents. Reroll is a free option with a cooldown.

Each race is paid with a ticket (both successful or not)

Each challenge race grants standard credit rewards for Medals
Player will also get a daily challenge reward for several challenges (both successful or not)
Any race in which the player hasn't reached race result screen (left) is counted as a loss and takes the corresponding number of rating points away
When an opponent is selected player should beat the ghost set by the opponent on his home track.

Defense (passive gameplay)

"Defense" - someone tries to beat your ghost.

Defensing player gets rating if someone has lost to his ghost, and loses rating if someone has beaten player's time.

To "protect" himself from attacks player can improve the time set on his home track during the season (with a cost of the Ticket) by replaying QR.

Player can take the same set of cars that he used in QR, or another one

Each defense race costs a ticket.

Player's rating doesn't change with QR races

If player didn't beat his time, the best ghost remains.

Revenge

If player was challenged and defeated, he has the possibility to punish the attacker in response.

By pressing the "Revenge" button in the history of challenges player goes to the attacker's home track and tries to beat the last recorded ghost the attacker had set

Revenge could be performed only once, regardless of its outcome

After the player has avenged the attacker, he cannot be avenged with the same attacker in return.
Rating points should be added or subtracted according to the standard scheme.

Tickets

Each race in Gauntlet except the first one is paid with a special Ticket.

The number of tickets is limited per day.

After the player runs out of Tickets, he can:

Win Bonus Tickets in another events as a reward;
Wait for the Tickets refill.
If player leaves the race, the spent ticket will not be returned.

Tickets refill

The total number of free tickets refills every day.

Player can also win bonus tickets as items in different activities.

There is a timer that shows the time until the next tickets refill.

Bonus tickets

Player can get Bonus Tickets in other ingame activities.

Bonus tickets will be shown in the Gauntlet only, and have to be reset when new season starts. Bonus Tickets are shown as separate counter from free tickets.

During the Gauntlet season, player will use regular tickets first, and bonus tickets afterwards if they want

Bonus tickets (Golden Gauntlet Tickets) could set as reward in:
  1. Milestone Ads Lottery (milestone reward)
  2. Bundles in the shop
  3. Festival reward
  4. TLE reward
  5. Multiplayer reward

I can answer a few more question in regards to gauntlet if needed.
For now Android is out for 50% of the player base (it's always been like this).
When I'll receive a new email about the update being out, I'll let you all know.
No sign of Windows platform for now.

Thanks for clarification. It's very simple.
STAY SAFE
no avatar

drhunziksv

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Thu Oct 29, 2020 1:45 pm
tx Andreea. u also clarified the gold ticket (bonus ticket?). tx.
only thing would be good is to extend tickets to more than 5 just to make the thing more engaging per day. like 10 tickets maybe? (not too much, not too few).
anyway, cool mode!

AndreeaFromGameloft

Community Manager

Windows PC

Halloween Update 5.4.0 Discussion

Thu Oct 29, 2020 1:52 pm
Will make sure to let them know about the tickets, Hunziksv :)
And yes, the golden tickets are the bonus tickets as far as I know.
''Never one, without the other'' - Greatest story between me and games

oldman65

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Thu Oct 29, 2020 2:09 pm
@Andreea, thx for the info. Do you know if they are going to restart the season when they bring it back? We’ve kind lost the first day or so of it. Thx again.
Car I most want added to A8:
       1991 MAZDA 787B

ylmzTRk

Veteran

Windows PC

Thu Oct 29, 2020 2:16 pm
Are we able to see opponents cars, ranks, boosters and lap time when we challenge them?