Speak about anything related to Asphalt 8!
no avatar

nks71

Veteran

Windows Phone

Greece

Re: Forum Members: Racing Names

Wed Dec 09, 2020 3:09 pm
With slow cars is easy to avoid KDs, with fast cars sometimes you KD somebody without intending it.
Like others said, during the first years I was avoiding KD others as a rule, preferring to get myself out of limits or even crashing!
Not anymore, I don't go after it but if it happens it happens! :-D
no avatar

A8PG

Windows PC

Thu Dec 17, 2020 9:14 am
Regarding this, here's a fun fact. 
Since I started the game as a ****, there was always some dudes on every level, that had better tuning cars and knock me down no matter what, as soon as they seen me on the track. Sometimes solo, often in small gangs and not necesary because they had to, but most probably becouse they see a new player over the shoulder and most of the time, those dudes are not capable to win a race without knocking down. 
Usualy, I avoid knockind down others, especialy the beginers, unless I have to and I do not like this "ingame ****" skills.
Fact is that as soon as I started to upgrade my cars, same aggresive guys started to leave the rooms when seen my name (maybe I'm not so cute anymore) and this repetedly occured going up in the class.
Same happen now on S Class, where I often beat some of those guys with my underranked cars, but lose many races because often I have at least 2 of those guys on me. 
Now...about 2 days left till maxing pro my Sian and other cars and can't wait to see my cute level with a list of dudes in S class !
After that, no more struggle for me, exepting , maybe, to reach once the Elite, no more $ spent and change in game goals, by just messing around with all those aggresive players starting from S class down.

Vaportalo

Apple (iOS)

Fri Dec 18, 2020 8:16 pm
Yeah when I first started I was a complete fool who used the Maserati coupe - I liked the car in real life thought it would be good in game 😂

Anyway, used to always get destroyed beginning of every race - until I got the Miura then I could finally make it to pro league.

Later on I jumped on the Porsche 959 and BMW M2 and got champion. Then I got all the mastery cars so I use those as well. Once I discovered you could leave races with much less penalty... that was a game changer.

I’ve used various names mostly Vaportalo, OnlyADream, and now M4XDAMAGE it’s fun to change occasionally since people get to know you and your cars but since I stick to mastery cars mostly I think it’s recognized anyway.

Harry K

Veteran

Windows Phone

Fri Dec 18, 2020 8:40 pm
Vaportalo wrote:
Yeah when I first started I was a complete fool who used the Maserati coupe - I liked the car in real life thought it would be good in game 😂

Anyway, used to always get destroyed beginning of every race - until I got the Miura then I could finally make it to pro league.

Later on I jumped on the Porsche 959 and BMW M2 and got champion. Then I got all the mastery cars so I use those as well. Once I discovered you could leave races with much less penalty... that was a game changer.

I’ve used various names mostly Vaportalo, OnlyADream, and now M4XDAMAGE it’s fun to change occasionally since people get to know you and your cars but since I stick to mastery cars mostly I think it’s recognized anyway.

Think you've got your terminology in a twist there @Vaportalo. There's no such thing as a Mastery Car. ;)
Elvis Costello - Shipbuilding - https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IuPrrdRzlxc&
Van Morrison - Brown Eyed Girl - https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UfmkgQRmmeE

DriverFunk

Apple TV (iOS)

Bulgaria

Sat Dec 19, 2020 10:51 am
Vaportalo wrote:
I’ve used various names mostly Vaportalo, OnlyADream, and now M4XDAMAGE

Updated: Vaportalo
viewtopic.php?f=1505&t=707784
Racing Name: DriverFunk™

hooloovoo

Windows PC

Wed Dec 23, 2020 11:04 pm
Arsanias... I'm seldomly buying tuning kits now and am wondering how many people are doing it for MP races. I still beat many of them with just nitro starter. After the update probably even without that.

DriverFunk

Apple TV (iOS)

Bulgaria

Sun Dec 27, 2020 11:37 am
hooloovoo wrote:
Arsanias... I'm seldomly buying tuning kits now and am wondering how many people are doing it for MP races. I still beat many of them with just nitro starter. After the update probably even without that.

@hooloovoo, your racing name is Arsanias or what?
no avatar

HappyGamer74

Windows PC

Sun Dec 27, 2020 12:19 pm
AwareBridge5097.
there are many "happygamers" in the playroom. But none is me.
I prefer remaining with random name assigned by xboxlogin that possibly says an other facet of my personality.
I'm afraid of spending real money, but still'havent found a way to cope with this addiction.
So I'm dependent on festival cars and prokits and wild cards.
And with token going away, it can only be worsened.
My only hope is that as tokens are going away from prizes so all the cars are going to be
converted in FCs so I slowly will buy them.
In MP I love winning some rank and then spending it in the attempt to tune crappy cars in decent cars; in the last season I've gone trough south (thanks to all for giving me the courage to attempt it). And this is the third season I stand in champion league, 75% of races unboosted, in final days TB.
In gauntlet have a good defense (so no one races against me), but very poor attack: i'm almost between 200th and 500th place.
In TLE's I go for the 5% in tires, suspension, drivetrain and exhaust, some times I have reached 3% in uncommon tech and 200 tokens.
And finally: the main reason for not leaving this game is this forum.
no avatar

simplyjens

Windows PC

Mon Dec 28, 2020 3:36 am
Mine is "You" , at least that is what it says at race end...

Just kidding, used to be ''simplyjens" under Windows xbox but now "Jens G" under MS account. I am not in MP much - 50-90 races per season, rank 1800-2400, usually, using Trezor mostly. Sometimes 959, soon ID R, after full max/pro.

DriverFunk

Apple TV (iOS)

Bulgaria

Mon Dec 28, 2020 2:59 pm
HappyGamer74 wrote:
AwareBridge5097
. . . . . . . .
And finally: the main reason for not leaving this game is this forum.

simplyjens
"Jens G" under MS account.

Updated: HappyGamer74, simplyjens
viewtopic.php?f=1505&t=707784