Speak about anything related to Asphalt 8!

AndreeaFromGameloft

Community Manager

Windows PC

Google Play and Windows Update issue

Thu Sep 10, 2020 3:38 pm
Hello everyone.

Unfortunately, everyone has seen that the update on Google Play didn't go live. Last night 2 emails were received in regards to the update going live, but there's no sign of it so far.

Our team just responded to the issue and mentioned that they're looking into it and try to solve it as soon as possible.

I know the following questions will be in regards to compensation, I'll ask for it and have the Festival extended as well as the Cloud Cup.

Windows is not yet submitted, so there will be a big delay again for Windows Players. I'd rather tell you all what's going on instead of misleading you saying that it's coming soon.

I have no ETA for the update release on Android. I'm also aware that there's an issue with MP not being available once you download the update off Galaxy Store, team is also aware of it and working on it.

I know this is not the thread you were all expecting, but I had to let you all know the state of the game.

Please ask whether there's anything unclear and I'll answer.

-Andreea
''Never one, without the other'' - Greatest story between me and games

Timmr

Windows PC

Re: Google Play Update issue

Thu Sep 10, 2020 3:50 pm
AndreeaFromGameloft wrote:
Hello everyone.

Windows is not yet submitted, so there will be a big delay again for Windows Players. I'd rather tell you all what's going on instead of misleading you saying that it's coming soon.

I know this is not the thread you were all expecting, but I had to let you all know the state of the game.

-Andreea

Thanks for the information /update.

Your statement that Windows update has not even been submitted as yet, raises questions:

1) Why not ?
2) Given the failures and instability of A8 on the Windows PC platform since the spring of this year, is this a sign that Gameloft and A8 have abandoned Windows ? Is it time for Windows PC players to give up on A8 and move on to other things ?
"I don't need any Vulcan or Apollo while I have my Dodge Dart !!!"

(actually, I now own both the Apollo & Vulcan, so I guess I will say goodbye to my Dodge Dart)

random7669

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Thu Sep 10, 2020 3:52 pm
I already got the update downloaded and installed from Galaxy Store.

Can I share the app with non-Samsung players who are now being prevented from playing?

It's a legit app downloaded from an official source after all.
"The Anti-Gamers Company"

Alexatrom

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Thu Sep 10, 2020 3:54 pm

AboveAverageDad

Google Play (Android)

Re: Google Play and Windows Update issue

Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:05 pm
Hello everyone.

Unfortunately, everyone has seen that the update on Google Play didn't go live. Last night 2 emails were received in regards to the update going live, but there's no sign of it so far.

Our team just responded to the issue and mentioned that they're looking into it and try to solve it as soon as possible.

I know the following questions will be in regards to compensation, I'll ask for it and have the Festival extended as well as the Cloud Cup.

I have no ETA for the update release on Android. I'm also aware that there's an issue with MP not being available once you download the update off Galaxy Store, team is also aware of it and working on it.

-Andreea

Thanks for the Updated update update.

random7669

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:12 pm
@random7669 - I personally don't think it's against TOU, if I could do that, I would, but I'm a n00b when it comes to **** files being uploaded somewhere or how to get them in the first place.

Alright. Based on this answer I'm now sharing the A8 official 5.3.0m update for Android (All) downloaded from Samsung Galaxy Store.

How to install:

1) Download the app here 👉 http://www.mediafire.com/file/3uqc705ec ... m.****/file

2) It can be installed through the mobile browser itself or any good File Manager for Android. Grant permission to install from external sources if asked. After updating the app it will download the game as usual and that's it.

3) Enjoy!

********************************************************************************************************************************************************************
STANDALONE Asphalt8Airborne_5.3.0.13_x86 FULL APPX (2.82GB) FOR WINDOWS 8.1/10 (Downloaded from Microsoft STORE).

IMPORTANT : Be aware that this is just the APPX and it's up to the final user to double-check if the backup option (Facebook/Xbox) is set and working properly before proceeding to install the update. I will take no responsability in case of any data/game progress loss caused by lack of caution at the final user side. So please, do the basic checks first and everything should run fine. 👍

If anyone still have any doubts about game backup you should ask here in the forum before proceeding with the installation and Windows Players will help.

Download the APPX here: 👉 http://www.mediafire.com/file/bk5vmr6am ... .Appx/file

How to Install:
*APPX sideload must be enabled.

Open an elevated PowerShell prompt and run the following command:

Syntax:

add-appxpackage -path <>

Example:
add-appxpackage -path C:\Users\Racer\Downloads\GAMELOFTSA.Asphalt8Airborne_5.3.0.13_x86__0pp20fcewvvtj.Appx

Restart the PC (Optional)
no avatar

drhunziksv

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:43 pm
although I trust u dude im still a bit hesitant.... I keep this as last resort if the update doesnt appear before tomorrow evening. tx for sharing anyway

random7669

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:45 pm
NP. If you're afraid, don't do it...
no avatar

ismile

Google Play (Android)

Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:16 pm
random wrote:
How to install:

1) Download the app here 👉 http://www.mediafire.com/file/3uqc705ec ... .****/file

2) It can be installed through the mobile browser itself or any good File Manager for Android. Grant permission to install from external sources if asked. After updating the app it will download the game as usual and that's it.

Thanks random. will try n report..
no avatar

ismile

Google Play (Android)

Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:28 pm
thanks random!! all seem to be working!