Speak about anything related to Asphalt 8!

Alexatrom

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Re: Cheaters Chat Thread

Thu Mar 18, 2021 1:16 pm
I still haven't understood how to change my name, even though this has been explained to me several times. But that doesn't matter either, I don't want to change my name.

I have already put forward the theory that (except that GL has no real interest in finding cheaters anyway) FER cannot be found because he keeps changing his name.

We have reported "Driver1888" and "CheaterTM" and others as cheaters with completely unrealistic car ranks several times, sometimes these names still appear in some LBs with ranks that seem now suitable.

When I look at the MP Elite League's LB, the names of the RNDTM team, which has been blocking the first places for years, and other teams change almost daily. On the other hand, these names are rarely or never found in LBs in other competitions.
Sometimes I see exactly the same name 3 or 4 times in a row, or there are invisible/no names.

And now I finally come to my question:
Is it possible to use the name X for one competition, change the name to Y for another etc., then change back and so on and on, and thus only appear with one account, but with countless different names?

That would at least explain the GL method of counting more than 350,000,000 players that can’t be wrong ... 😉
Attachments
7148D2D0-30E3-403F-891B-7F66247BB216.jpeg
7148D2D0-30E3-403F-891B-7F66247BB216.jpeg (48.49 KiB) Viewed 368 times
Make it happen ...

DriverFunk

Veteran

Apple TV (iOS)

Bulgaria

Thu Mar 18, 2021 1:59 pm
Alexatrom wrote:
I still haven't understood how to change my name, even though this has been explained to me several times. But that doesn't matter either, I don't want to change my name.

@Alexatrom, do you mean this: 

iOS:  Settings  >  Game Center  >  Nikname (change & save)  >  Restart the game
Alexatrom
Is it possible to use the name X for one competition, change the name to Y for another etc., then change back and so on and on, and thus only appear with one account, but with countless different names?

That would at least explain the GL method of counting more than 350,000,000 players that can’t be wrong ... 😉

It's entirely possible, but I think you need to restart the game after each name change to refresh the information.

Your account is one. You can change your racing name 100 times a day, but all they are on one account.
Racing Name: DriverFunk™

Alexatrom

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Thu Mar 18, 2021 2:08 pm
DriverFunk wrote:
Alexatrom wrote:

👍 Thanks but I don't use Game Center ... would be only more work for your list ...😂 - Okay, but how often I can change my name in Game Center? 20 times a day? That would explain a lot ...
Make it happen ...

DriverFunk

Veteran

Apple TV (iOS)

Bulgaria

Thu Mar 18, 2021 2:12 pm
Alexatrom 
​Okay, but how often I can change my name in Game Center? 20 times a day? That would explain a lot ... 

Yes, see above - I expanded my answer.

Alexatrom

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Thu Mar 18, 2021 2:15 pm
DriverFunk wrote:
Alexatrom wrote:

Alexatrom

It's entirely possible, but I think you need to restart the game after each name change to refresh the information.

Your account is one. You can change your racing name 100 times a day, but all they are on one account.

So if we report Cheater X at 12:00 PM his actual name is Driver1234 or whatever at 12:01 ... so it's impossible to catch him ...
Make it happen ...

DriverFunk

Veteran

Apple TV (iOS)

Bulgaria

Thu Mar 18, 2021 2:19 pm
Alexatrom wrote:
DriverFunk wrote:
Alexatrom wrote:

Alexatrom

So if we report Cheater X at 12:00 PM his actual name is Driver1234 or whatever at 12:01 ... so it's impossible to catch him ...

Sounds logical. I don't know, they may have other methods for tracking a player / account, but I'm not familiar with that.

Alexatrom

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Thu Mar 18, 2021 2:27 pm
@Driver Funk
Many thanks for your replies, helped me a lot. So to use name X for a TLE, Y for MP and Z for Junklet will show X - Y - Z in different LBs and will not be synchronized to the actual name?
Then cheaters' camouflage is an easy peasy job ...
Make it happen ...

DriverFunk

Veteran

Apple TV (iOS)

Bulgaria

Thu Mar 18, 2021 2:42 pm
Alexatrom wrote:
@Driver Funk
Many thanks for your replies, helped me a lot. So to use name X for a TLE, Y for MP and Z for Junklet will show X - Y - Z in different LBs and will not be synchronized to the actual name?
Then cheaters' camouflage is an easy peasy job ...

So,

TLE — You can use the name X for TLE. The TLE leaderboard will show the name X.

MP — If you then change your name to Y and play MP, the MP leaderboard will show the name Y, but in TLE it will continue to show X.

TLE — If you make another attempt at the same TLE with your new name Y, then Y will replace the previous X.

TLE — You can also use the name Z in the Festival Cups, and use the name W in the Daily Cups. One leaderboard will show Z, the other W.

Gauntlet — Shows any name change instantly. No need to restart, nothing. 

These are my observations.

Harry K

Veteran

Windows Phone

Fri Mar 19, 2021 4:05 am
DriverFunk wrote:
Sounds logical. I don't know, they may have other methods for tracking a player / account, but I'm not familiar with that.

There's a stack of methods to track and permanently ban anyone. Various device numbers, software profiles, unique hardware IDs etc. There's always a way around if you're determined but GL don't seem to employ any of them.
So long, and thanks for all the fish. New, independent A8 forum - https://asphalt8.freeforums.net/
no avatar

quailstorm

Veteran

Windows PC

Fri Mar 19, 2021 2:47 pm
GL tracks your device(s), your advertisement ID, and you have a unique (never changing) ID which identifies the account.
Name changing can make reporting harder, but it can only deceive other players, not GL.

Problem with those top100 cheaters is that they are smart, GL is dumb, so whatever they use passes both automatic and manual anticheating.