Speak about anything related to Asphalt 8!
no avatar

simplyjens

Windows PC

Re: McLaren X2 Festival

Fri Aug 21, 2020 6:40 pm
It appears to me that the participation in the festival was at about 60% the usual rate, likely, because some newer players did not have the cars, and the rewards were so bad. Well, I played this festival through to the end without paying, with very similar performance compared to prior festivals (top 700 or top 1000). The average coin delivery per package was a bit below average. I got 875 coins out of 232 packets = 3.77 coins - normally closer to 4, on average.

The bottom line is that with the reduced participation and the lower than normal coin averages, you end up not hitting the FC goal, which were moved from level 19 in the last couple of festivals to level 20. It is clear that the rewards are very poor. Payment in prior festivals to have a higher rated car, or purchase of coins in this festival was required at excessive levels to get the most useful rewards.

It seems that the new normal is $200 per new car plus the costs to fully pro it.

Let's hope that this festival is not the first in a trend of further declines (I know - wishful thinking).
no avatar

Itsyou18

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Fri Aug 21, 2020 6:54 pm
miketheone wrote:
I bought 7 daily bundles and 5 one-time bundles that increase in value with every purchase. Plus the Premium event. And now I'm close to T23 and the only way to progress is another one time bundle that costs about 50 euros and even that won't get me to T25 so I'm supposed to buy another one after that. I already spent more than 70 euros on this event just to get the X2.
F*** this sh!t, I want my money back and GL can take back their over-expensive stuff, not going to spend hundreds of euros for a stock event car that will take years to Pro after I get it.

Your story **** me off. There are no words. This is the reality so get buckled up because your in for the long haul.
Attachments
24E8CE98-E9A5-4F7C-94EE-135B1F57EEA7.jpeg
24E8CE98-E9A5-4F7C-94EE-135B1F57EEA7.jpeg (50.35 KiB) Viewed 138 times

oldman65

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Fri Aug 21, 2020 7:19 pm
Made it to T20. Did not spend in THIS festival, but I did spend in the previous IDR and FXX festivals. Also, I had previously upgraded the Zerouno instead of just fusing the cards. Already had all the cars including the X2; so, this was just farming for me.

The next festivals will likely move onto other festival cars that I did not upgrade and I will not be able to farm as much. Maybe get to T16 or T17 for those. Much worse rewards. That 180,000 FC T20 is a good reward, but out of reach unless you pay.

These are sinkholes for gambling your $$’s. Pay your money for a random chance to get enough coins for the final prizes. No guarantees other than the minimum of 3 coins per box. Can’t count on anything else. Have to spend big to push the odds of T25 near 100%...

One note: Initially, when I claimed the latest coin cup tle rewards I saw the T19 and T20 tier rewards given out; however, the FCs were not added to my account; until, I rebooted the game. Glad that worked and I did not need to open a ticket.
Car I most want added to A8:
       1991 MAZDA 787B
Moving to new forum: https://asphalt8.freeforums.net/

Alexatrom

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Fri Aug 21, 2020 10:01 pm

oldman65

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Fri Aug 21, 2020 10:09 pm
Yep, X2 still a skid fest. Yes, other cars have the same issue to a lesser extent. 600LT included. Have experienced it in the r&d just the other day.

The X2 is an awesome car when it isn’t broken. Still hoping for a fix, but it is taking a long time. Would be disappointing for folks who spent real $$ to get this car only to have it remain useless...

Those of you who just got the X2, we feel for you. Mine is full PRO. So, I want it fixed as much as you. We are continuing to communicate through @Andreea that it needs to be corrected. Still waiting for a reply/fix back from the dev team...
Car I most want added to A8:
       1991 MAZDA 787B
Moving to new forum: https://asphalt8.freeforums.net/

Danger Mouse

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Fri Aug 21, 2020 11:06 pm
Another corrupt fistable by a corrupt company. Here's what happens if you finish all quests, collect all free daily coins (well, today's to come) and finish in the top bracket in every TLE. I collected every single coin available. Even assuming I get 8 free coins in a few hours I will not make it to Tier 25, nobody will without paying, level 25 is not a "reward" it's for "sale" only.
Attachments
X2_Fistable_Crime_FUGL.jpg
X2_Fistable_Crime_FUGL.jpg (191.8 KiB) Viewed 346 times
Gameloft: No pride, no shame, no accountability, no care. Thanks for treating your customers with contempt.

Join the new A8 forum: https://asphalt8.freeforums.net/

Igor Polski

Veteran

Windows PC

Sat Aug 22, 2020 12:20 am
Yeah DM, and the average guys (like me) who don't go all out are lucky to get level 17. Fine with me but someone putting in the time and skill should be able to go all the way in one of these Fistables and get all the rewards without spending real money. You, GL, have actually said that paying real money just makes it a lot easier and faster to win events like this. No longer...and even if you pay real cash nothing is guaranteed.

Things were a lot simpler (and more fun) five years ago.

fkw123

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Sat Aug 22, 2020 3:59 pm
Alexatrom wrote:
fkw123 wrote:
Even the Mclaren 600LT skids , while X2 no more skidding is where miracle thing happen ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Still skidding here ...

Yes i know , i was playing the reverse psychology in hopes they will adress and fix this handling of all car sooner . I can't stand when i tap the brake on pedal , it just turns sideways around like a worthless automobile .. what a shame

Alexatrom

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Sun Aug 23, 2020 10:51 am

Alexatrom

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Mon Mar 08, 2021 7:33 pm
ATTENTION: This is an old thread!!!

Reactivated just to compare with the March 08 2021 fistable ...