Speak about anything related to Asphalt 8!

Mr. Mysterious Spyman

Windows PC

Re: McLaren X2 Festival

Wed Mar 10, 2021 10:09 am
Last festival was the first for no free car for freemiums.  It's totally fine with me. Festival cars are junk unless highly tuned, and even then often not. Better to stick with credit and FC cars, as I see it.  If there seems to be a festival that has a car or cars that you are really interested in, then go premium and get the additional rewards (cards.)  Nothing wrong with doing that if you are enjoying the game, within reason.

The last Festival had the Ferrari F50 as a free car, even though the Ferrari LaFerrari Aperta itself was premium.
I'm riding to the end... are you?
https://asphalt8.freeforums.net/
Join the free and independent Asphalt 8 forum. Spread the word. We're going global!

Furaiosity Files: https://forum.gameloft.com/viewtopic.php?f=1505&t=710096

Mr. Mysterious Spyman

Windows PC

Wed Mar 10, 2021 10:14 am
gregoire2 wrote:
Is this the very first Festival where free players cannot win any car?

The first Festival with no free car was the 2018 McLaren X2 Festival, held in August 2020. The second was the Koenigsegg Agera RS Festival, held in January 2021.

Note: Both of these cars were available at standard Tier 25, but this is equivalent to premium since it is impossible to reach standard Tier 25 without paying real money.

So, overall, this is the third Festival with zero free cars. In fact, the Ferrari F50 was available for free in the Ferrari LaFerrari Aperta's Festival. Meanwhile, the Exotic Rides W70 was available for free with zero kit cards at standard Tier 15 in its own Festival, if the player did not purchase the premium pass.
Join the free and independent Asphalt 8 forum. Spread the word. We're going global!

no avatar

highroller

Apple (iOS)

Wed Mar 10, 2021 10:12 pm
Mr. Mysterious Spyman wrote:
gregoire2 wrote:

The first Festival with no free car was the 2018 McLaren X2 Festival, held in August 2020. The second was the Koenigsegg Agera RS Festival, held in January 2021.

Note: Both of these cars were available at standard Tier 25, but this is equivalent to premium since it is impossible to reach standard Tier 25 without paying real money.

So, overall, this is the third Festival with zero free cars. In fact, the Ferrari F50 was available for free in the Ferrari LaFerrari Aperta's Festival. Meanwhile, the Exotic Rides W70 was available for free with zero kit cards at standard Tier 15 in its own Festival, if the player did not purchase the premium pass.

The very first p2w festival car was the original Jesko @ the Winter Festival event - December 2019! Tier 25 was only reached by players buying the extra coin packs.

LT43

Windows PC

Wed Mar 10, 2021 10:50 pm
I was mostly thinking of festival cars: those that are new cars to the game that haven't been yet available in the store.  They are the ones I can do without since they seldom offer any advantage over credit or FC cars and are useless until highly tuned. I have a number of those cluttering my garage and I'd just as soon not have any more.  If an especially interesting one comes along, then I'll consider going premium. The Bailey SE ended up in my garage even though I tried to avoid it: one MP race to preserve my CL rating accomplished multiple quests and pushed me over the coin limit, and I won that piece of garbage to my chagrin.   :x
ALERT: This forum is closing soon.  The new A8 independent forum is here: https://asphalt8.freeforums.net
Go sign up now!!

Mr. Mysterious Spyman

Windows PC

Thu Mar 11, 2021 8:52 pm
highroller wrote:
Mr. Mysterious Spyman wrote:
gregoire2 wrote:

The very first p2w festival car was the original Jesko @ the Winter Festival event - December 2019! Tier 25 was only reached by players buying the extra coin packs.

Actually, this one doesn't count because the Lotus Elise Cup 260 was rewarded for free in this Festival alongside the Jesko. I was listing Festivals that have zero free cars.

Moyosore7

Windows PC

Fri Mar 12, 2021 10:30 am
The recent changes to the Festival format aren't really that surprising considering how things are as well with A9.

The Democracy of Fair Chance has majorly slanted towards the paying Crowd.

Over there now, participation in Special Events are now Contingent on unlocking Cars that can be only be easily be gotten by paying for the Premium Pass (laFerrari Aperta anyone?).

The alternative is to either unnecessarily spend thousands of Tokens to unlock blueprints for Cars that are simply not worth the price of admission or Blueprint Hunt TLEs with rigged measly drop rates to frustrate you into submitting with your wallet.

And now they've taken it a step further by putting meaningful Event Cars exclusively for Premium Players with the "promise" for Free Players to have a go at an unspecified date.

If the Aperta is any indication, the Kharkivs most likely are bringing a similar regimen to A8 but what does it matter? 🤷

The A8 upgrade economy is bottlenecked beyond belief and Owning a free Car is as good as not owning it all since its usefulness ends where your wallet begins. Spend. Spend. Spend.

Frankly, I like the new development. I now have more room to breathe with my Farming which is now the only productive gain to be had playing this game everyday.

Well, that an wailing in this Forum when the next bad idea rolls off the Dev Line. 😁
no avatar

highroller

Apple (iOS)

Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:08 pm
@spyman,
You're just looking at it from a different angle. Original Jesko event was the first time they forced the players to spend real ca$h in order to get the car!
PS: Elise 260 was a ****.. still is😁
ps2: tur*rd gets censored 😂😂