Speak about anything related to Asphalt 8!
no avatar

nks71

Veteran

Windows Phone

Greece

Pepperpot wrote:
Sick of these cars fecking skidding and spinning. I have 3 skidders in my gauntlet and I have to keep quitting. Fecking sick of it.

Same here, what I do is use them only in the long and straight tracks, for the rest of the races I just use a bit lower ranked cars, but to my preference!
Results are balanced, some wins some loses, even in my home track with much higher ranked competitors.
I usually finish in the 100-200 bracket, so it's not so bad and at least I enjoy the races I play. 👍

Pepperpot

Veteran

Windows PC

nks71 wrote:
Pepperpot wrote:
Sick of these cars fecking skidding and spinning. I have 3 skidders in my gauntlet and I have to keep quitting. Fecking sick of it.

Same here, what I do is use them only in the long and straight tracks, for the rest of the races I just use a bit lower ranked cars, but to my preference!
Results are balanced, some wins some loses, even in my home track with much higher ranked competitors.
I usually finish in the 100-200 bracket, so it's not so bad and at least I enjoy the races I play. 👍

Sometimes if I remember I swap the order about but on occasions the X2 will just do a sharp turn.
no avatar

simplyjens

Windows PC

Not sure if anybody else noticed, but after a longer session of Speed Trial, I noticed that cars with stable behavior all of the sudden start to skid. I noticed it in the TLE with the Pagani and the SV - they were all over the road when engaging triple tap nitro, much worse than normal. I saw the same in my first set of gauntlet races. Weird behavior and skidding all over.  I also noticed it in S9 races with even the Ford GT - all of the sudden weird barrel rolls and half rolls that I had never seen before.  Even the Furai started behaving like a mini X2 and just turned 90 degrees into the wall, just while driving through the corner.

I restarted the app a few times until all was settled and I ran it again - better, but still not like it was before the ST.

It leads me to believe that the skidding may also be related to device performance and too many processes taxing the GPU and CPU (especially, if no dedicated graphics card exists).

It always seems to be worse, when either the gauntlet and/or MP are "loading information" endlessly or after I have run over 10 races.

Anybody else with this experience?

LT43

Windows PC

I'm getting away from the X2 more and more. I keep eliminating it from my lineup when I run into skidding problems. I will use it in my home track because I can rerun the course until I get a clean run, but in Challenge races it is a high-risk car, especially TB and full nitro. I often put the AIE in and soon I'll have the Renault fully tuned as a substitute.
ALERT: This forum is closing soon.  The new A8 independent forum is here: https://asphalt8.freeforums.net
Go sign up now!!

oldman65

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Yeah, still not fixed. Imho, there is something wrong with the basic physics that affects some cars more than others and they are trying (and mostly failing) to fix it by patching individual cars.

Makes me wonder if they ported some A9 code back into A8 to try and have a common code base. An admirable effort, but maybe just not fully compatible. Would explain why they are trying to fix individual cars when they should be focusing on the underlying physics to fix the real issue.

I just hope they are continuing work on the issue and don’t think they have fixed it.

✌️😷
Car I most want added to A8:
       1991 MAZDA 787B
Moving to new forum: https://asphalt8.freeforums.net/

CortoMaltz

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

random7669 wrote:
X2 handling now suçks more than ever. Feels like I'm driving Zeus Sigma... and it still skids.
It's ruined.

Yes, undrivable. We shouldn't have asked them to fix it
GL: "We can change any cars' stats whenever we want, reduce your inventories again, run two Mookstivals per week if we need to and cancel this Forum tomorrow. What can you do about it, Racer?"
Racer: I can expose your dirty deeds, not give you any cash, not play your games and/or quit Asphalt 8 before you go broke  8-)
no avatar

woopsynutts

Windows PC

CortoMaltz wrote:
random7669 wrote:
X2 handling now suçks more than ever. Feels like I'm driving Zeus Sigma... and it still skids.
It's ruined.

Yes, undrivable. We shouldn't have asked them to fix it

🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣

rule #1 in A8 world : be careful of what you ask, 'cause what you get is always worse ;D
@bruhsonbro : "GLitchloft programmers are F,n mooks.  I literally mean f them mooks"

oldman65

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

The X2 still skids. Esp, when not using nitro. Plus the handling is worse now. Really, not much improvement.

Sadly, the problem continues... 😞
       1991 MAZDA 787B
no avatar

nks71

Veteran

Windows Phone

Greece

I tried the X2 in gauntlet, just to verify that not only it skids (with nitro or not), but also drives in a weird new manner that created more handling issues than what it solved.
Another piece of excellence from GL...
MP-31 is also semi-autonomous and decides on its own!

oldman65

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

nks71 wrote:
I tried the X2 in gauntlet, just to verify that not only it skids (with nitro or not), but also drives in a weird new manner that created more handling issues than what it solved.
Another piece of excellence from GL...
MP-31 is also semi-autonomous and decides on its own!

Yep, basic physics are bonked and they are trying to paper over it by fiddling with the cars one by one. It's not working. For some reason, they don't want to or can't address the real issue.

My hypothesis is that they are using common code with A9 and it isn't compatible with all the A8 cars. Esp, not the F1 cars.

I've no proof of that, but my gut says that's the most likely reason. And it is definitely a strategy software companies use to save time and development costs.

Regardless of the cause, handling is effectively still broken. I'm hoping they continue to work on it. Maybe, someday, they will get the right.
       1991 MAZDA 787B