Speak about anything related to Asphalt 8!
no avatar

eugened

Junior Member

Windows PC
Posts

14

About Aspark Owl car: is it ok, that it "climbs" on walls and then crashes? It's not a bug, it's a feature?
"Just avoid holding it in that way"(c)?
User avatar

oldman65

Veteran

Apple (iOS)
Posts

4796

Danger Mouse wrote:
.
When you communicate with CC, after they have acknowledged "...the development team assured that they are aware of those cars that were already reported earlier..." that they know about the problem...

Ask them! How are they going to compensate owners of defective vehicles that the development team haven't fixed yet?

Be simple, be polite, be persistent.

^^^ This. Plus ask them how to convince people considering quitting the game because of this issue to be patient just a little longer...
Car I most want added to A8:
       1991 MAZDA 787B
no avatar

comeongameloft

Veteran

Windows PC
Posts

548

Danger Mouse wrote:
.
When you communicate with CC, after they have acknowledged "...the development team assured that they are aware of those cars that were already reported earlier..." that they know about the problem...

Ask them! How are they going to compensate owners of defective vehicles that the development team haven't fixed yet?

Be simple, be polite, be persistent.

I did ask about compensation but they never mentioned it in their responses but I will ask them again spcifically about that.
Gameloft - the company with limitless greed and no shame.

 
User avatar

Harry K

Veteran

Windows Phone
Posts

4208

eugened wrote:
About Aspark Owl car: is it ok, that it "climbs" on walls and then crashes? It's not a bug, it's a feature?
"Just avoid holding it in that way"(c)?


Every long-term bug gets reclassified as a feature after a few failed attempts to fix it. Like, say, quick restart.

The wall climbing/sticking issue has come up a couple of times and was really bad when they introduced bikes. Haven't noticed it much lately and don't own the Owl. Is it just that one car?
no avatar

eugened

Junior Member

Windows PC
Posts

14

Harry K wrote:
The wall climbing/sticking issue has come up a couple of times and was really bad when they introduced bikes. Haven't noticed it much lately and don't own the Owl. Is it just that one car?
 

AFAIK yes (out of those I own).
At least, other cars don't have such "feature". With Aspark Owl it really feels like it has geometry of canoe-on-wheels, so getting close to walls on turns (where other cars usually just slow down with friction) Owl "climbs", stands vertical and then crashes.
no avatar

woopsynutts

Senior Member

Windows PC
Posts

443

I never use the Owl but the Revzani Alpha and X does this, climbing walls and crash....
they always did, so I guess it's a feature
@bruhsonbro : "GLitchloft programmers are F,n mooks.  I literally mean f them mooks"
User avatar

ylmzTRk

Veteran

Windows PC
Posts

914

Owl is my only PRO festival car, its handling is the worst amongst 1858+ cars. It cost me many tickets at Gauntlet mode.
The car is so heavy and explodes when you touch a wall or climbes and crashes.
no avatar

comeongameloft

Veteran

Windows PC
Posts

548

Regarding compensation, I emailed CC and asked them politely what compensation we can expect for purchasing a defect product.  I also asked when we can expect the fix to be rolled deployed  Their response:

[begin email]
Thanks for getting back to us.
Unfortunately, we have to confirm that we have already received similar complaints and our developers are working on a fix that should become available with the upcoming updates.
Meanwhile, we cannot offer any compensations and have to wait until the issue will be fixed for all the customers affected.
Should you have any other concern, please feel free to let us know.
Sincerely,
Elena
Gameloft Customer Care

[end email]

Dont know what to make of this email where she says they have confirm if they have received similar complaints?  Is she saying they havnt received enough complaints about the handling issue?
Gameloft - the company with limitless greed and no shame.

 
no avatar

nks71

Veteran

Windows Phone
Posts

2781

Location

Greece

No, she says the opposite, she confirms that they have already received similar complaints.
User avatar

Harry K

Veteran

Windows Phone
Posts

4208

Now there's a slip-up (excuse the pun). Using the word customers and not players or users. That's unusual.