Speak about anything related to Asphalt 8!
no avatar

woopsynutts

Senior Member

Windows PC
Posts

499

Владо_Б wrote:
Еverything is deliberately left like that. Тhere is no way they don't have car physics 2 in the archive. The fact that they do not want to implement it again or if they are new employees, to see what it is about explain everything. Those that give orders don't want it fixed. Otherwise the developers would have fixed it by now.
 

fully agree, this skid bug has been so convenient that it's been turned into a perfect feature,
excellent for their business since it creates new needs to older players who thought they could keep going forever with their old kings... 
so why fix something that is going along with their interest ?

so many players buying and upgrading Centenario because they can't rely on their cars lately ?

everything's going as planned...
@bruhsonbro : "GLitchloft programmers are F,n mooks.  I literally mean f them mooks"
no avatar

simplyjens

Senior Member

Windows PC
Posts

475

oldman65 wrote:
Владо_Б wrote:
Еverything is deliberately left like that. Тhere is no way they don't have car physics 2 in the archive. The fact that they do not want to implement it again or if they are new employees, to see what it is about explain everything. Those that give orders don't want it fixed. Otherwise the developers would have fixed it by now.

 It is very possible that the previous fix is no longer compatible with the current code base. Again, my experience makes me suspect that the current dev team doesn't have a complete grasp of all the code in this area and they are having trouble debugging it. And in the meantime, management is not prioritizing it. New features are clearly their focus. Not quality code. Right now players are working around the issues, but sooner or later we will all abandon ship.

 This is a core flaw. It breaks the very basic function of the game which is driving cars. They would be insane not to fix it if they could. Because if they don't, they are going to continue to bleed players and there won't be anyone left to enjoy all these new cars and features they keep dropping.

 That's my take on it anyway. YMMV...

✌️😷

I agree with @oldman65.  From what I have seen in the past, much of the code base is C++. Given that some of the code is going on 8 years old (with some coming from A7), it means at least 3 generations of developers going through it.  The code has become more and more complex and there have been so many modules added to the core functionality of 2014, especially with some of the new physics tracks and the constant re-definition of cars and their physics. 
As the skid issue affects even old cars, like the Biome or the McL675, you know that somebody inappropriately reused old code in new updates or missed a dependency.  In most scenarios of the bad skidding, tracks were originally given some "irregularities" in the track designs to add challenges and make players react to changing conditions.  Think Tokio curbs and Nevada dirt areas.  This is not just in Patagonia. 
However, these additional small challenges that caused cars, originally, to have some slight movements, became death traps for some of the faster cars and got much exacerbated around the introduction of the orbital tracks and the class re-alignments when they started messing with the physics, overall.  At first, after the Patagonia tracks were introduced, the McL X2 did not have problems and I remember mastering the S9 track with the X2 quite well. 
So, yes, this is a complex development problem to solve and the current development team does neither have the time, nor the historical knowledge to run this problem down, effectively.  Ultimately, it is a management decision not to prioritize bug fixes that take a lot of time and re-programming of recent updates.  Rather, they let it go, given that all players are equally impacted.  They rather give you some new cars that perform as well and have less of these issues.  Now, they could change the bad cars like the X2 and make it run like the Centenario or Pagani, but what would that do, if all old cars perform the same?  We just have to take the bad with the good and deal with the limitations of the older cars that now have limited use.
User avatar

Владо_Б

Veteran

Google Play (Android)
Posts

1169

@woopsynutts 
Completely agree. After all it's not Einstein's quantum field theory. 
@Oldman you are making it way overcomplicated.
@simplyjens
Everything you say is true. How many parameters one car has? How difficult is to try a little with these. We have many kings now simillar in speed and it's good. What's wrong if X2 become a lttle bit stiff similar to ... ? You know all McLarens skid. Because they share the same characteristics. Well chage it a bit. Honetstly i prefer 2 cars from different brands with same driving, than 1 and the other one is complete $hit. Deliberately.
 
User avatar

oldman65

Veteran

Apple (iOS)
Posts

4891

Владо_Б wrote:
@woopsynutts 
Completely agree. After all it's not Einstein's quantum field theory. 
@Oldman you are making it way overcomplicated.
@simplyjens
Everything you say is true. How many parameters one car has? How difficult is to try a little with these. We have many kings now simillar in speed and it's good. What's wrong if X2 become a lttle bit stiff similar to ... ? You know all McLarens skid. Because they share the same characteristics. Well chage it a bit. Honetstly i prefer 2 cars from different brands with same driving, than 1 and the other one is complete $hit. Deliberately.

There are likely some very complex algorithms governing the vehicle physics and dealing with how tracks interact with them. Depending on how much code reuse there is, there may be completely different code that applies only to specific cars or subsets of them. Devs could have implemented specific features for individual tracks. Who knows?

Remember these things have been dropped into the game over many years, but different devs that have their own programming styles and knowledge. None of us know the real problems here. Its all just speculation, but I know from decades of experience on large complex sofftware projects, issues like this invariably crop up and they can be difficult to fix. They require significant investments of developer time and a commitment from management to assign the necessary resources and a commitment to a plan to get it corrected, even if it means delaying new function. Clearly this is not happening now.

In the end all we can do is speculate and wait whil the fix(es) continue to be absent... 😔
Car I most want added to A8:
       1991 MAZDA 787B
Moving to new forum: https://asphalt8.freeforums.net/
no avatar

comeongameloft

Veteran

Windows PC
Posts

592

oldman65 wrote:
Владо_Б wrote:
@woopsynutts 
Completely agree. After all it's not Einstein's quantum field theory. 
@Oldman you are making it way overcomplicated.
@simplyjens
Everything you say is true. How many parameters one car has? How difficult is to try a little with these. We have many kings now simillar in speed and it's good. What's wrong if X2 become a lttle bit stiff similar to ... ? You know all McLarens skid. Because they share the same characteristics. Well chage it a bit. Honetstly i prefer 2 cars from different brands with same driving, than 1 and the other one is complete $hit. Deliberately.

There are likely some very complex algorithms governing the vehicle physics and dealing with how tracks interact with them. Depending on how much code reuse there is, there may be completely different code that applies only to specific cars or subsets of them. Devs could have implemented specific features for individual tracks. Who knows?

Remember these things have been dropped into the game over many years, but different devs that have their own programming styles and knowledge. None of us know the real problems here. Its all just speculation, but I know from decades of experience on large complex sofftware projects, issues like this invariably crop up and they can be difficult to fix. They require significant investments of developer time and a commitment from management to assign the necessary resources and a commitment to a plan to get it corrected, even if it means delaying new function. Clearly this is not happening now.

In the end all we can do is speculate and wait whil the fix(es) continue to be absent... 😔

GL's priority is milking A8 until the well runs dry. I dont expect anything to change until there is a change is management or until Vivendi make a profit on their investment in GL - hence all the festivals.
Gameloft - the company with limitless greed and no shame.

 
no avatar

simplyjens

Senior Member

Windows PC
Posts

475

Anybody noticing glitches on Divo? S9 Terra 9 track just had me bump into the wall twice while going in a slight curve without drift... I am at Rank 1676 - it spells trouble with further updates.
User avatar

oldman65

Veteran

Apple (iOS)
Posts

4891

simplyjens wrote:
Anybody noticing glitches on Divo? S9 Terra 9 track just had me bump into the wall twice while going in a slight curve without drift... I am at Rank 1676 - it spells trouble with further updates.

Yes, the thing spun me into a wall and killed me on my first run in the Alps festival cup. It can hit the skids even at stock tune.
Car I most want added to A8:
       1991 MAZDA 787B
Moving to new forum: https://asphalt8.freeforums.net/
User avatar

Alexatrom

Veteran

Apple (iOS)
Posts

2082

What GL was able to do with the Furai:
They completely rebuilt this car: new stats, new rank, new characteristics, it now drives very well and rules the MP rank.

As some of you may remember, I've theorized about developers who don't know anything about old X2 codes, but Furai codes are much older, so developers can rebalance old cars. They still rule over ALL codes.
Then why not convert the X2 to the same good car it once was? If they ever wanted to, they would have been able to do it in a minute.
Furai is the proof.
They introduced a hypersensitivity to banana peels. If they can't remove this (which is wrong) they could restore these cars to their original state or any other one  ... buff, nerf, rebalance ...

A year of explanation / evidence on our part / arguing ... 2 pinned threads and far more than 500 posts later and it's still the same. When developers don't want to rebalance or GL doesn't allow it or whatever, gamelofters just told us lies and laughed well. Furai's transformation is the best proof:
GL has full control over all of this.

Skidding isn't an „issue“, it's by design. They won't tell us why, but it's a fact:
A “fix” to this “issue” will only happen if a mastermind at GL headquarters will prefer a 180 * turn of his strategy and not of the X2.

[GL's core competence is definitely not the respect towards players / customers ...😂🤣😉 but this is another story ...]
User avatar

Dan T

Veteran

Windows PC
Posts

777

=18pxIf my X2 had been a pet, I would have had it killed by pity. Absolutely impossible to use in Gauntlet
User avatar

TheGoldenRetrieverAU

Veteran

Apple (iOS)
Posts

550

Dan T wrote:
=18pxIf my X2 had been a pet, I would have had it killed by pity. Absolutely impossible to use in Gauntlet

I still use it in Gauntlet, I seem to have more control over it for 15 seconds rather than a full race. But it depends where you deploy it, I will move it to a different position if I think it has less risk to crash.
But Ive also wasted plenty tickets with an out of control crash even in the 15 second window.

Also in some places the morphing transition either to from the X2 causes an uncontrollable crash even on a straight.
This board closing soon... new board https://asphalt8.freeforums.net/ please visit

cron