Speak about anything related to Asphalt 8!

oldman65

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Skidding/Handling Issues (X2 and others)

Tue Jun 16, 2020 5:21 pm
@Andreea, could you let the powers that be know that the handling of the X2 (and to a lesser extent the other F1 cars like the MP4-31 and MP4-25) is defective? The car will randomly turn and spin out of control and will often crash or end up turned around backwards. It is like driving on ice.

This happens from normal driving inputs that work just fine with other cars.

I have only my experience to go from. I am using iOS with automatic acceleration and tilt-to-steer enabled. Perhaps that will help debug the issue.

I am not the only one to see this behavior. Here a thread I started at the beginning of May to discuss it:

https://forum.gameloft.com/viewtopic.php?f=1505&t=699891#p3962715

I have had this car for quite sometime. I am very experienced with using the X2. I know this is not normal. It started with the first updates this year.

What I am asking is if you could ask someone to try a few laps with a full PRO X2 on an iphone with auto acceleration and tilt-to-steer enabled. A few laps around its S9 Avalanche Alley race should do it. See if the car doesn't turn suddenly and/or spin out at various points on the track. A bit of uneven ground or just a gentle turn may trigger it.

Hopefully, someone on the dev/support team can reproduce the issue and see about fixing it asap. Right now the car is all but useless and certainly does not reflect its stated handling stat.

I did not want to open a ticket because that would get lost and it is not, IMHO, a problem specific to me.

Also, I did not want to raise this on my previous thread because I didn't want to edit that topic subject or the original post there. Again, I don't want this request to get lost there. We can still discuss the issue on the other topic, but I wanted this one to work on contacting the dev/support team specifically.

edit: I'm attaching a couple of screenshots from slides the game initiated. All I did was drive the car normally. I did not hit the brakes; nor, did I start drifting. 

Thanks for all your help @Andreea.

✌️😎
Attachments
AC6DB02E-F631-4AE2-9E59-D6144A3C4B0D.jpeg
AC6DB02E-F631-4AE2-9E59-D6144A3C4B0D.jpeg (154.21 KiB) Viewed 11978 times
E1DD85F3-87CB-4112-9F8A-66ED6DDA767D.jpeg
E1DD85F3-87CB-4112-9F8A-66ED6DDA767D.jpeg (140.52 KiB) Viewed 11979 times
Car I most want added to A8:
       1991 MAZDA 787B
Moving to new forum: https://asphalt8.freeforums.net/
no avatar

drhunziksv

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

same with the DS SURVOLT at maxpro. it skids randomly and the tokyo pavement its unplayable. this after update 39. or in venice. i lost shtload of races due to random skids and turns

Mohsenalex

Windows PC

Happen with me with the atom and in r&d

loriel_s

Apple TV (iOS)

South Australia

I am Still having issues with Apollo IE since second to last update. I have provided more videos to GL. 
I am emailing again today and I will also copy a link to this thread so that they can see that Apollo is not the only one having issues.

oldman65

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Sounds like the problem is bigger than I thought.
Car I most want added to A8:
       1991 MAZDA 787B
Moving to new forum: https://asphalt8.freeforums.net/

Alexatrom

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Sayaneechan

Veteran

Windows PC

Skidding has been a problem for a long time now. I can’t believe it’s still here ::)

TheGoldenRetrieverAU

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Yes the X2 is the worst. The TLE at Nevada was terrible the other day,my Centenario handled it excellent, but the X2 went out of control in several places. Cant be bothered using it to time trial against the Centenario, too many times it just skids and fuel is then wasted.
Encountering a few skids with the MP4-31 at SanDiego, but controllable.
If this was RL i'd be asking for wet weather tyres for grip instead of the sticky slicks
This board closing soon... new board https://asphalt8.freeforums.net/ please visit

nograe

Veteran

Windows PC

Seems to be an Apple IOS problem. I use the X2 in many TLEs and don't have this problem.
no avatar

drhunziksv

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

nope. android here (no pun), and since update 39 the survolt behaves like a soap bubble. its not just the x2