Speak about anything related to Asphalt 8!

oldman65

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

comeongameloft wrote:
Oldman65 - ethics and morals are alien gameloft, imagine if their ecommerce system was broken, it would be fixed instantly

I can't say what is in someone's heart. Just that the company isn't demonstrating the desire and/or the ability to maintain a quality game at this time. Was hoping that would change and they would address this issue, but right now I'm pessimistic about it.
Car I most want added to A8:
       1991 MAZDA 787B
Moving to new forum: https://asphalt8.freeforums.net/

Alexatrom

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

For 60% of Top100 in the Tokens Cup X2 seems to work very well ... 🤔
Attachments
99106169-B93E-4988-9209-4463B586BC09.jpeg
99106169-B93E-4988-9209-4463B586BC09.jpeg (188.93 KiB) Viewed 239 times

TheGoldenRetrieverAU

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Well I don't know what the h3ll they are doing to make this carrot steer straight. 2 runs 1 skidout crash and twitchy ride, went back to the centenario. Is it possible different platforms getting different skid results?
the X2 has been handy in gauntlet, where the usage is shorter and you can pick your usage. But not seeing any change in other races
This board closing soon... new board https://asphalt8.freeforums.net/ please visit

oldman65

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

I’m guessing the type of controls used affect the severity of the problem. My gut says tilt to steer has the worst problem and something like a true game controller will provide more stability. Anything that minimizes course corrections will likely fair better. Tilt to steer makes it very difficult to steer the car in a truly straight line and you are constantly correcting; so, more likely, imho, to trigger this defect. At least that is my opinion. (This also may explain why the devs are saying this is difficult for them to reproduce.) They likely do not debug problems on iPhones. And they probably have automated testcases with predictable steering inputs that may be less likely to hit this defect.
       1991 MAZDA 787B

Harry K

Veteran

Windows Phone

oldman65 wrote:
I’m guessing the type of controls used affect the severity of the problem. My gut says tilt to steer has the worst problem and something like a true game controller will provide more stability. Anything that minimizes course corrections will likely fair better. Tilt to steer makes it very difficult to steer the car in a truly straight line and you are constantly correcting; so, more likely, imho, to trigger this defect. At least that is my opinion. (This also may explain why the devs are saying this is difficult for them to reproduce.) They likely do not debug problems on iPhones. And they probably have automated testcases with predictable steering inputs that may be less likely to hit this defect.

I think you're mostly right Oldman, it depends a lot on input controller and relative sensitivity, but that doesn't explain how a keyboard input in a straight line causes a 180° with only a nitro key pressed.

And yes, it'll be mostly test benched by autobots not people. Impossible to test every hardware configuration but someone should test drive a few. The problem is glaring obvious.
So long, and thanks for all the fish. New, independent A8 forum - https://asphalt8.freeforums.net/

oldman65

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Harry K wrote:
oldman65 wrote:

I think you're mostly right Oldman, it depends a lot on input controller and relative sensitivity, but that doesn't explain how a keyboard input in a straight line causes a 180° with only a nitro key pressed.

And yes, it'll be mostly test benched by autobots not people. Impossible to test every hardware configuration but someone should test drive a few. The problem is glaring obvious.

Yeah, it is simple to reproduce on an iPhone using tilt to steer. Just run the X2 in its S9 Avalanche Alley race. I can pretty much spin out every time at that first ramp and exiting the final tunnel. There are other spots to die, but those are almost guaranteed to wipe you out if you just try to steer through those curves.
       1991 MAZDA 787B

ChrisWLStatesman

Windows PC

Adelaide, South Australia

I was racing in a TLE multiplayer cup the other day - and after race I let my chosen car do a lap on its own to watch what some other cars were doing. Was an (S class Koenigsegg - ULTIMATE) i think - in a Great Wall track event. I was really keen to see what the cheaters cars were gonna do.
I SUGGEST us all try this to see the retarded skidding issue for real. It is still what I suspect - as a instigated DEV's by design feature.

**AFTER THE RACE FINISHES LET YOUR CAR DO A COUPLE OF LAPS ON ITS OWN AND THEN COMPARE NOTES. THEN DO SAME AGAIN AND then AGAIN, IF curious enough **No rush as this issue has gone on for so damn long. Unless this next update by miracle it is rectified.

Anyway my car would get to the same EXACT part of the track skid out and crash - and replay over and over and over as long as you let it or want following the same path and crash and crash. After every race. This is the sealer for me it is all pre-meditated. SPRUNG!!!

oldman65

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

@Chris, I feel your pain, and I know this can seem like it is intentional, but I really can’t get behind that. I really feel like this is a case of newer developers making changes to the car physics code without understanding all the older code that was written by programmers that have moved on long ago and may not even be in the company any longer to consult. I know from decades of experience what it is like to have to debug and/or modify complex code that I did not write. I’ve also seen code built that has errors that the dev swears is not their fault because they “didn’t touch that part of the code.” Almost invariably, they missed one or more dependancies and possibly didn’t know about changes to prereqs for which they needed to take account.

I really think this is very hard for them to fix with the staff they have, and management continues to prioritize new features higher that defects and continues to be feature and schedule driven rather than provide updates to deliver better quality.

In any case, if this issue is intentional or not, there is funtionally no difference. The current trend is that this issue will continue with no fix in sight.

Continuing to play this game, I feel like Noah in the Ark sending out birds to find land, but they just keep coming back with more animals to shove into the Ark which is in danger of sinking soon if something doesn’t change... 😜
       1991 MAZDA 787B

Владо_Б

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Еverything is deliberately left like that. Тhere is no way they don't have car physics 2 in the archive. The fact that they do not want to implement it again or if they are new employees, to see what it is about explain everything. Those that give orders don't want it fixed. Otherwise the developers would have fixed it by now.

oldman65

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Владо_Б wrote:
Еverything is deliberately left like that. Тhere is no way they don't have car physics 2 in the archive. The fact that they do not want to implement it again or if they are new employees, to see what it is about explain everything. Those that give orders don't want it fixed. Otherwise the developers would have fixed it by now.

It is very possible that the previous fix is no longer compatible with the current code base. Again, my experience makes me suspect that the current dev team doesn't have a complete grasp of all the code in this area and they are having trouble debugging it. And in the meantime, management is not prioritizing it. New features are clearly their focus. Not quality code. Right now players are working around the issues, but sooner or later we will all abandon ship.

This is a core flaw. It breaks the very basic function of the game which is driving cars. They would be insane not to fix it if they could. Because if they don't, they are going to continue to bleed players and there won't be anyone left to enjoy all these new cars and features they keep dropping.

That's my take on it anyway. YMMV...

✌️😷
       1991 MAZDA 787B