Speak about anything related to Asphalt 8!
no avatar

woopsynutts

Windows PC

the Centennario is now skidding like mad too... the TLE in Nevada wasn't easy to finish without a wreck !

in MP the physics and sync are often at an unreal level of absurdity too...

what's happening to this game ?
@bruhsonbro : "GLitchloft programmers are F,n mooks.  I literally mean f them mooks"

oldman65

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

It appears that somebody fiddled with the physics during the updates this year and modified how cars react over uneven or bumpy surfaces. Cars with a combination of high speed and high G handling seem to now be prone to wild oversteer and a tendency to turn or even spin out of control. The X2 has been doing this pretty much since the first update this year, and folks are seeing it now with other cars with similar characteristics.

This isn’t the first time this has happened. I remember when I won the championship for the MP4-31 years back it was experiencing the same problem. I remember going thorough 4 sets of tires on one race just to clear it because the car would just hit a bump and spin itself into a wall. Took me a few tries to get through just that one race without wrecking and even then, I had to over use drifting instead of just steering through turns; because, that was the only way to control the car.

Anyhoo, they fixed the handling later and I had no trouble controlling the car after the fix. The X2 (and other cars) now have the same issues. Have to nurse them through races that can be navigated easily by lesser cars.

I know from experience, they can fix this. They’ve done it before. Just a matter of time for them to find out what buggered it up and how to get it back to working... Hopefully, we will get relief sooner than later and we can get back to racing our favorite cars again with the knowledge that if they wreck, it is our fault, not the game’s.
Car I most want added to A8:
       1991 MAZDA 787B

Red Mist GT3

Windows PC

This has started happening to me with both the Jesko and the Atom since the last update too.
Its totally random on curves and on straights where I am having no input.
My OS is Windows 10.

Running Bird

Expert Racer

Apple (iOS)

oldman65 wrote:
This isn’t the first time this has happened. I remember when I won the championship for the MP4-31 years back it was experiencing the same problem.

Yup. These handling discussions are as old as the game itself. Here's another example. When Asphalt 8 was released, the Silver Lightning was one of the two cars at the top of the food chain, similar to where the X2 is now, and it had the exact same handling issues that the X2 has gained recently — turn a little too much, and you went into the wall nose first.

This is one of the reasons why I'm not convinced that this is a bug. It may well be an ongoing conflict within Gameloft, where one party wants the fastest cars to be the most difficult to manage, whereas the other party wants them to be Mary Sues. So they go back and forth.

Personally, I don't mind my pro X2 being a pain in the neck. If I want to make sure I won't crash, I just use the Intensa Emozione, which still behaves 100% predictably for me. YMMV.

oldman65

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Yeah, I don’t mind difficult handling. What I do mind is broken handling. If I oversteer and crash that’s on me. But when the game takes control and actually spins the car without my input, that’s unwelcome.

Drifting is supposed to be initiated by tapping the brakes. It is not supposed to happen just from normal steering.
       1991 MAZDA 787B

Harry K

Veteran

Windows Phone

oldman65 wrote:
Drifting is supposed to be initiated by tapping the brakes. It is not supposed to happen just from normal steering.

Dear Oldman65

We are so glad that you and the A8 community are enjoying the revival of the random drift feature in the game. This has been reintroduced by popular demand and of course to celebrate the launch of the game's new name, Asphalt 8, Drift Racing Game.

We will be adding this feature to many more of the legacy vehicles in the upcoming months as well as some especial interesting physics in the new track that even the Festival cars can enjoy.

Rest assured we value our communities feedback and will continue to expand A8's unique qualities in the future.

Drift on.

Not the Gameloft Team.
Elvis Costello - Shipbuilding - https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IuPrrdRzlxc&
Van Morrison - Brown Eyed Girl - https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UfmkgQRmmeE

oldman65

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Harry K wrote:
oldman65 wrote:

Dear Oldman65

We are so glad that you and the A8 community are enjoying the revival of the random drift feature in the game. This has been reintroduced by popular demand and of course to celebrate the launch of the game's new name, Asphalt 8, Drift Racing Game.

We will be adding this feature to many more of the legacy vehicles in the upcoming months as well as some especial interesting physics in the new track that even the Festival cars can enjoy.

Rest assured we value our communities feedback and will continue to expand A8's unique qualities in the future.

Drift on.

Not the Gameloft Team.

Lol, guess that explains why the name was changed to "Asphalt 8: Drift Racing Game ".

I just wish I would get credit for a flat spin on the ground. I think A9 does that. Right?

😁
       1991 MAZDA 787B

Alexatrom

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

STAY SAFE

oldman65

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

@Alexatrom you might be right. That is how it feels. The game just takes control of your car. Happened often in MP last night. Died multiple times from game induced slides. I’ve gotten to the point of trying to either stay far away from walls or practically next to them. The latter case means that the spins will simply bump me into the wall and scrub a little speed but will not kill me.
       1991 MAZDA 787B

ylmzTRk

Veteran

Windows PC

SkidLaren X2 on the Moon :D
https://streamable.com/1fud3n