Speak about anything related to Asphalt 8!
no avatar

comeongameloft

Veteran

Windows PC

did u guys get any formal response?
Gameloft - the company with limitless greed and no shame.

oldman65

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

No response. At this point, just wanted to see if @Andreea could raise the issue. If not I guess we just start bombarding CC with tickets, but I don’t think that should be necessary. Just creates a bunch of digital paperwork for a problem that is obvious and doesn’t really need data from individual players.
Car I most want added to A8:
       1991 MAZDA 787B

Danger Mouse

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Keep in mind that GL will completely deny 'bad handling' for approximately 14 months. Then they'll begrudgingly accept that it needs looking into. Three updates later they'll make an unannounced change that they believe fixes the problem, it actually makes the problem worse. After a few more updates Gameloft will then revert the change and we'll be back to 'normal bad handling' and, because it's not 'terrible bad handling' we'll tolerate it and Gameloft will claim they have fixed the problem and have 10 million players.
Gameloft: No pride, no shame, no accountability, no care. Thanks for treating your customers with contempt.
no avatar

drhunziksv

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

"adapt, overcome", with the Survolt now I learnt after many failures how to avoid the skidding in Tokyo and Venice, which is TERRIBLE, basically I have to go over the "pathwalk" drifting in a specific way and it will stay fine, otherwise it will skid into the wall. Btw this happens only with the Survolt, and for what I understand from other players also the X2. I dont know why. 
Also, sometimes it randomly turns 180 degrees, slowing me down to zero, and then I lose the race. Again this does not happen with other cars. To adapt to this... well I cant, I just lose the race. The incomplete barrell rolls instead happen with any cars, randomly.

oldman65

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Yep, you can learn tricks to reduce the behavior, but you cannot prevent it. You’ll still get the random game initiated spins. I once had my X2 perform a complete 360. It was basically a flat spin without a ramp. I never came off the ground. I never hit the brakes. I was simply gently turning at the time. The game took control of my car and just had its way.

This has happened before. It goes through cycles. Last time was a period before the Transylvania Halloween update when they finally fixed the handling for a while. Now somebody has scrambled it again.

Hopefully, they can untangle it again. We will just have to be patient and persistent. Just have to trust that @Andreea can get the word through to them and see what they can do about it.

If they can’t fix it, maybe they can exchange my full pro X2 for a max/pro Centenario. 😜
       1991 MAZDA 787B

Alexatrom

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

STAY SAFE

oldman65

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

It really is a shame this keeps happening. Because the X2 (and other similar cars) have worked and handled very well at times. Then it goes crazy again. I wish someone would put some comments in the code in places to warn others to leave it alone once it is working.
       1991 MAZDA 787B
no avatar

Itsyou18

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

How is that working out for you? Asking in a clear and polite manner. Really, they need an earful of rage. Dre seems to think there is enough of that already on this forum. Well tough luck because what goes around comes around.

oldman65

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Itsyou18 wrote:
How is that working out for you? Asking in a clear and polite manner. Really, they need an earful of rage. Dre seems to think there is enough of that already on this forum. Well tough luck because what goes around comes around.

There's enough yelling on the forum. 😜

I'm gonna try and keep trying what I'm doing. Maybe between the polite request and the yelling we'll get through to someone.

Anyhoo, let's see what happens...

✌️😎
       1991 MAZDA 787B

loriel_s

Apple TV (iOS)

South Australia

Well as promised I emailed GL and copied this link. A few hours later I got a reply saying that this had been added to the investigation and that hopefully the developers can fix it.
It does help I find when Im interacting with the same agent.