Speak about anything related to Asphalt 8!

oldman65

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Sigh... 😔

I'm tired of power slides out of nowhere. I'm tired of suddenly turning 90 degrees into walls when I've done nothing but a minor, gentle steering input. I'm tired of bouncing 50' in the air after diving over a minor bump.

Seems like every few months someone decides to mess with the handling in the F1 cars and suddenly it's like driving on oil.

So, I'm here asking if someone can restore the handling with the F1 cars again.

Please and thank you.

✌️😎
Car I most want added to A8:
       1991 MAZDA 787B
no avatar

Antonino-Sicily

Veteran

Windows Phone

I remember they were showing off the "handling 2.0" a few updates ago.....it worked for a little while then we're back to square one...bikes are also messed up, they shake until wrecking during a wheelie!
Total vehicles owned: 276
Vehicles MAXed: 230(+6)
Vehicles MAXed and PROed:  121
Play time: ~88 d
no avatar

Itsyou18

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

It's not only F1 cars.

loriel_s

Apple TV (iOS)

South Australia

I have had probs with Apollo IE since last update and there's been back n forth emails with GL since early April.
It was my main car in MP but had to quit using it.

oldman65

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

While this round of ice driving is not as bad as some previous updates. It is still common and frustrating to be slamming nose first into a wall after the car decides to turn 90 degrees for no reason at all.

Also, I hate it when the car goes onto a drift in a turn when I did not initiate one. I’m just gently turning the car and suddenly I’m in a spin with full nitro activated. Usually, I end up slamming into a wall. If I’m lucky I end up sliding backwards down the track.

Here’s hoping someone can have a look and remove whatever tweaks someone added in the last few updates and get our cars handling properly again.

Please and thank you.

✌️😎
       1991 MAZDA 787B

loriel_s

Apple TV (iOS)

South Australia

Yeah here's hoping! 🤞

neutron

Veteran

Windows PC

im thinking is the ghost of the dead drivers many knock down at start of race that comes to hunt you driving the car and making it crash

it happens without internet also is part of the game not the servers

oldman65

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Yeah, has nothing to do with servers. Happens in all racing modes. Offline, online... doesn’t matter. You get random turns, skids and jumps no matter the mode or connection.
       1991 MAZDA 787B

Harry K

Veteran

Windows Phone

oldman65 wrote:
Here’s hoping someone can have a look and remove whatever tweaks someone added in the last few updates and get our cars handling properly again.

It's not a matter of removing anything, it's forgetting to add.

The original code handles the car and track physics separately which is sensible but the variables for the cars where for Max upgrade only. We didn't have too many problems when Pro upgrades where added because that was a big rewrite.

Then comes the F1s, the first Pro only cars and the physics starts to fall apart. Instead of a major code overhaul GL write a patch. Well several because old cars start to behave badly. It's this patch that is intermittently left out. The same happened with bikes.

And that thing with the Quick Restart was beyond ridiculous.
Elvis Costello - Shipbuilding - https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IuPrrdRzlxc&
Van Morrison - Brown Eyed Girl - https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UfmkgQRmmeE

oldman65

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

@Harry K You may be right about missing code. In any case. I hope somebody will look at what was dropped into the last few updates and see what needs to be restored or added to return the handling for these cars to working order. If real F1 cars worked like these, they would be banned from racing. 🤬
       1991 MAZDA 787B