Speak about anything related to Asphalt 8!
no avatar

Anand Abraham

Windows PC

Nostalgia (Early days of Asphalt 8)

Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:40 pm
I clearly remember the day when I installed Asphalt 8, it was an old lenovo laptop windows 8.1.
I heard a lot of my friends talk about this game so i was curious myself. It was the end of 2014 when I installed it.

I started playing for a few days and would'nt you know it i got addicted,my main goal was to get all the the cars of the game (still haven't done that tho) also my first update was the Decals/Ferrari update.I really loved this game and always waited for new updates my favourite update so far was the 2015 Christmas Update.

I remember watching videos of Isaac Sierra,Elite HectorX,Hawtdawg1 their skills left me in awe.
I remember watching the sneek peek videos of new cars.
I remember going to facebook everyday to see if GL had any patch notes of any new update.
The fandom of Asphalt 8 was suprisingly clean compared to Undertale/FNAF.

The Lamborghini Huracan was the first R/D car and i remember driving it in Barcelona.
The Weber Faster One was the first EDD car and i can't remember driving it.
Porsches arrived in 2017 and i remember passing out when i saw the porsche trailer. (I love Porsches).

I wasn't much into competitive multiplayer but loved watching videos of it.The forum was also filled with positive comments in the early days because there were no complaints (except for bugs/glitches).

Asphalt 8 has changed a lot and i mean a lot!. Now for the first time I'm not having fun playing it because they remove old things which players loved and add new things which players hate.
I know you still won't change the game but atleast try to make it fun again.
Bring back that feeling of racing again. Eh... who am I kidding, you won't do it. This thread will get buried like the rest.

So, if you have any nostalgic feeling related to Asphalt 8 or any old feature in particular please feel free to share.

Alexatrom

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Re: Nostalgia (Early days of Asphalt 8)

Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:56 pm
Anand Abraham wrote:
I clearly remember the day when I installed Asphalt 8, it was an old lenovo laptop windows 8.1.
I heard a lot of my friends talk about this game so i was curious myself. It was the end of 2014 when I installed it.

I started playing for a few days and would'nt you know it i got addicted,my main goal was to get all the the cars of the game (still haven't done that tho) also my first update was the Decals/Ferrari update.I really loved this game and always waited for new updates my favourite update so far was the 2015 Christmas Update.

I remember watching videos of Isaac Sierra,Elite HectorX,Hawtdawg1 their skills left me in awe.
I remember watching the sneek peek videos of new cars.
I remember going to facebook everyday to see if GL had any patch notes of any new update.
The fandom of Asphalt 8 was suprisingly clean compared to Undertale/FNAF.

The Lamborghini Huracan was the first R/D car and i remember driving it in Barcelona.
The Weber Faster One was the first EDD car and i can't remember driving it.
Porsches arrived in 2017 and i remember passing out when i saw the porsche trailer. (I love Porsches).

I wasn't much into competitive multiplayer but loved watching videos of it.The forum was also filled with positive comments in the early days because there were no complaints (except for bugs/glitches).

Asphalt 8 has changed a lot and i mean a lot!. Now for the first time I'm not having fun playing it because they remove old things which players loved and add new things which players hate.
I know you still won't change the game but atleast try to make it fun again.
Bring back that feeling of racing again. Eh... who am I kidding, you won't do it. This thread will get buried like the rest.

So, if you have any nostalgic feeling related to Asphalt 8 or any old feature in particular please feel free to share.

"I'm drowned in a pool of nostalgia" ... It is not the first time that I try to reconstruct exactly what are my earliest memories on A8. I was excited: I remember the Miura, driving a TLE in Dubai on and on again and first Hommage event completely thrilled me ... then Mazda-Quant-Elite-update was my first "GL sharpened things" -awakening ... back in 2016.
GLogic hurts: Fuglation is the ultimate ambition.

fkw123

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:11 pm
back then i was so carefree not worry so much about nothing.. nowadays .. stress all day

Sayaneechan

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:33 pm
I also remember the old days too, been playing for 6 years. I remember when it was still possible to progress and win each new car. I just remember when it was fun. It’s not the case anymore and any newbie that happens to download the game nowadays will never know the Asphalt us veterans played back in the days.
Since the FLU update GL has been pretty much cutting off the things we loved from the game and made the game more and more P2W.

Harry K

Veteran

Windows Phone

Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:38 pm
My first try was a disaster, I got completely lost and beaten by the AIs by over a minute.

One year later I reinstalled. Drove around the tracks, worked out the routes. That's my favourite bit in any driving game. Figuring out the racing lines came next, great fun overshadowed by a pile of bad decisions.
Elvis Costello - Watching the Defectives - https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=snPDoXl9ZPs

ash1

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:47 pm
Ha ha, being addicted enough to lock myself in the toilet at work just to not miss out on rnd keys. Yes, it was much funner back then, but maybe it was just too much fun. Maybe Vivendi's done us all a favour...
A8 used to be a whole immersive world, because there was always something else to work on, some new goal to pursue. Now, they've slapped iron bars around everything.
Highlights: very occasionally beating k1s in my Koenigsegg Agera. Finally getting that final engine to pro out my Biome. The introduction of Mastery - that was like Christmas! 😄 And discovering this forum...which, of course, used to be more fun as well...but nostalgia's always rosey tinted...
Cars owned: 220
Racing name: Wuxifingerhold6
A8 RIP
no avatar

Wh1plash71

Apple (iOS)

Wed Apr 01, 2020 8:19 am
Started playing about 5 yrs. ago. Got totally addicted. My life circulated around the game. Made excuse to family, friends and almost everyone I knew just to play for a few more minutes.
Uninstalled it last week. Made me sad. But the way this game has being ruined is not funny. Would love to meet the i d i o t behind such a disaster.
Will never download a Gameloft game again.
no avatar

Nat B.+

Windows PC

Wed Apr 01, 2020 11:36 am
I remember that somewhere in 2015 (I think it was before the arrival of McLaren 675 LT) Rares from Gameloft posted on FB a message about the total distance all players combined had driven on Dubai map: 18 or 38 millions km. Underlined figures mean that I can’t vouch for their accuracy (sorry, time’s a bi*ch) but I do remember that it was a mind blowing distance and I was amazed that they can get this kind of stats.

As somebody with very little to zero knowledge of IT related stuff I am still in awe of the great variety of stats of the game (Asphalt 8 Lifetime): air time, knock downs, near misses etc. Heck, the game even counts obliterated obstacles. If those stats within the game are available to us, then they are most probably available to devs too (please correct me if I am wrong).

And now they are putting a show in the thread ‘Booster Cap – Info Collection’, pretending that the devs never knew the number of boosters or rather they knew that the number of boosters had to be 200 / 100 or less respectively. A sudden ignorance is a very convenient thing especially within the update where you put new price tags on boosters. I doubt it that they will compensate anything because by compensating missing boosters they have to admit that they were “wrong”. And even if they compensate boosters to 40-50 (?) players the rest (99.99%) would be a ‘collateral damage’. Mission: taking away “excessive” boosters. Mission accomplished successfully.

To stay on topic: back in the day the devs had self-respect.
Von zwei Narren hält der größere den kleineren für den größeren.
Emil Gött

audiorapture

MVP

Apple (iOS)

IOS

Wed Apr 01, 2020 1:21 pm
ash1 wrote:
Ha ha, being addicted enough to lock myself in the toilet at work just to not miss out on rnd keys.

I remember those days... sniff. Long gone.
Contact Customer Care to get a ticket ID: viewtopic.php?f=1908&t=699439
IOS friending requires Facebook, send me a private message to link up
Playing A8 since Feb 22, 2016. Own 262 vehicles. Total Play Time: 82d 9h. The FLU ate my other stats.
Support Info: IOS, Player ID 6hde | Signature Update: Apr 16, 2020
"Blogging is not writing. It's graffiti with punctuation."

audiorapture

MVP

Apple (iOS)

IOS

Wed Apr 01, 2020 1:24 pm
Nat B.+ wrote:
And now they are putting a show in the thread ‘Booster Cap – Info Collection’

I did put up that thread, not GL. Simply because GL (and Rares was a GL employee btw, not a volunteer mod) refused to take (y)our complaints seriously.
Will it work? We'll see. Better than doing nothing, though.
Contact Customer Care to get a ticket ID: viewtopic.php?f=1908&t=699439
IOS friending requires Facebook, send me a private message to link up
Playing A8 since Feb 22, 2016. Own 262 vehicles. Total Play Time: 82d 9h. The FLU ate my other stats.
Support Info: IOS, Player ID 6hde | Signature Update: Apr 16, 2020
"Blogging is not writing. It's graffiti with punctuation."