Speak about anything related to Asphalt 8!

Me.

Veteran

Windows PC

Re: I'm suing GL

Mon Mar 30, 2020 12:15 pm
Harry K wrote:
/cut/ ... And I'm sure those mummies and daddies all read and understood the TOU agreement before accepting them on their childs behalf.

...probably not, then again that's not the childs nor Gamelofts' fault. 
There are several points of law that are being bent if not broken by GL.

Not trying to be funny here, but who's which what laws are you talking about?  .
But as I've said in other threads, most countries have an ethnics committees. Those in parliament, senate (not sennit as I originally wrote, that's a straw hat) etc are the people that need this kind of data.

'...ethnics committees...'  :)    
A  games ethics committee is something that only exists in the Peoples Republic of China.
But joking aside, other bodies might be interested, eg. European Commision could open an investigation into the sectors practices. 

However, complaints filed with the CTSI (UK), BBB (US) and equivalents in other countries or local Chamber of Commerce might stand a chance. 
Big, hard law can be easily applied to music, film and TV. But in the biggest growing market in the entertainment business the law is still wishy-washy everywhere.

...usually self-regulatory bodies (not law),  these industries don't like govt involvement.
As is this post. It's early Monday morning FFS what did you expect Ally McBeal.

Nah, not really, she retired 18 years ago. ;D
no avatar

Julian Assange

Windows PC

Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:33 pm
Even if GL returns what they have taken away from the players, they have committed theft, which is a criminal offense. GL certainly deserves some kind of punishment.

Reducing credit payouts and introducing the so called Multipliers, which can be used only several times a day, is another fraudulent way of doing business. Some players might have spent real money to make it to Season 9 in order to farm credits, only to be "rewarded" by GL with one-tenth of what it used to be.

If there are any cheaters in A8 or A9, GL itself is definitely the biggest one here, cheating so blatantly.
no avatar

Javi_Brias Arrastia

Windows PC

UK

Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:43 pm
TaG-Fast-Track wrote:
They took more then 500 boosters away from my account.

A value of $$$

I'm suing GameLoft.

This time enough is enough.

My Lawyer have already been contacted on this issue. She says we have a good chance (to obtain something).

@Tag-Fast-Track
I just posted this on another thread and was redirected here.

"Is anyone out there planning to sue GL? If so, please affix my name to the complaint.

The cap on TKs and NSs is outright THEFT. The majority of my 370 TK and 345 NS I purchased with tokens over a long period. Yes, there was a time you could buy boosters with tokens, and those tokens cost real money. So this latest move by GL is nothing more than THEFT/FRAUD/ESTAFA...call it what you want, but it's CRIMINAL.

I still have 30 TK to collect from a car collection I completed, but I'm scared to do so because GL will just take it away. 

These decisions regarding the amount of boosters a player can or cannot have, regardless of how the player acquired them, and then  limiting the number each player can have, cannot be undertaken unilaterally without prior consent of the player because GL have no idea how that player acquired the boosters.

So yeah, if anyone out there is suing GL, I'd like to join you."

So, yes, please count me in for whatever it's worth.

Me.

Veteran

Windows PC

Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:30 pm
@Javi - OP isn't going to sue Gameloft SA / Vivendi SA, not in this lifetime. - ...talk is cheap.

Harry K

Veteran

Windows Phone

Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:59 pm
Me. wrote:
@Javi - OP isn't going to sue Gameloft SA / Vivendi SA, not in this lifetime. - ...talk is cheap.

And so am I, honestly a box of wine and an 18" pizza, I'm all yours. Put Withnail & I or Firefly on the telly I'm yours forever. ;)

I don't think anyone needs to win a case against GL they just have to make a lot of noise about it.
Elvis Costello - Watching the Defectives - https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=snPDoXl9ZPs

ash1

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:01 pm
I dunno guys, TaG seems pretty serious to me. Although maybe I'm just hoping he is... 😄

(OT: Harry, where did you find that YouTube footage?? Wow, those three together is some crazy supergroup. Wish Billy'd started singing too though...)
Cars owned: 220
Racing name: Wuxifingerhold6
A8 RIP

Me.

Veteran

Windows PC

Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:28 am
ash1 wrote:
I dunno guys, TaG seems pretty serious to me. Although maybe I'm just hoping he is... 😄

...deffo the latter  ;D

omg, I think I just heard the ghost of mods past laughing out loud.

Harry K

Veteran

Windows Phone

Wed Apr 01, 2020 2:29 am
ash1 wrote:
(OT: Harry, where did you find that YouTube footage?? Wow, those three together is some crazy supergroup. Wish Billy'd started singing too though...)

OT. Good isn't it. If you look very carefully I'm in the audience. That's the only reason I knew the vid existed and nice people on YT keep reposting it.

Billy played at my birthday party once in the house in Belfast. Brilliant man, great lyricist and very funny. He never ceases to impress me.

And @Me, yes you sound like 'rez. ;)
Elvis Costello - Watching the Defectives - https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=snPDoXl9ZPs
no avatar

harry smith

Apple (iOS)

Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:08 am
So is a case being made or not? I really hope so. It'd be nice for them to be forced to compensate all players.
I don't care what you have to say, I'll have that Centenario grovelling at my feet. I'll take GL's most precious car without having ever paid a dime and trash those noobish whales in MP. Once I have the Centenario, then and only then does this game have my permission to die.

Me.

Veteran

Windows PC

Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:18 am
harry smith wrote:
So is a case being made or not? I really hope so. It'd be nice for them to be forced to compensate all players.

Let me put it this way... I wouldn't hold my breath.