Speak about anything related to Asphalt 8!

oldman65

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Re: I'm suing GL

Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:49 pm
@Dex1, You are right. I know this is the state we have reached. Against all warning from the best players like yourself. My disappointment is that it could have easily been avoided. This is all so unnecessary. The game could have continued in its state before the changes toward pay to play. They could have kept adding new cars and features and tracks and events and festivals and whatever. Folks would continue to play and have fun and players like myself would keep paying to support a game they love. Now, they are just driving everyone out. It is just sad. It’s all I can say. Just sad. 😔
Car I most want added to A8:
       1991 MAZDA 787B

random7669

Google Play (Android)

Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:56 pm
They have been asking for this...
no avatar

Itsyou18

Apple (iOS)

Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:01 pm
Give me back my VIP rewards you crooks!
no avatar

Nat B.+

Windows PC

Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:06 pm
Harry K wrote:
@2305. The Clickwrap "agree" that everyone clicked after institution is as good a contract as you can get. It's very well designed and written, as I'm sure your partner will agree. TOU state that GL own ALL virtual items and can change them at any time.

I'm not a lawyer but I know a thing or two about this. Corel stole some code from me and friends then Adobe stole it from them. They settled out of court. The little man can take the multinationals with patience and preservations.

Your main focus should be the devaluation of VIP status, breach of trust, misleading advertising and unethical behaviour (where cutting boosters comes in).

Good luck mate.

Great point, and now let us switch to interpretations. Prior to interpretations I would like to emphasize that this game is available to 0+ and ToUs or ToS shouldn’t be a rocket science in terms of understanding.

GL owns ALL virtual items means to me that the Company is free to design, add, change, remove etc. them from the game at their discretion. Examples (aside from their dirty methods): blue prints, certain type of boxes etc.; or removing elite car tuning (a neutral example). But I refuse to understand the fact that they own a virtual product I paid for or got for watching an ad. What did I pay for then, for eff all? Common sense: if I pay for something, then I must own it too.*** Otherwise those transactions would be unfair (= legal term unjust enrichment; this is a crucial point). If a business gets a payment then it has to render a service or sell a product. If it takes back/steals a sold product but keeps the money then it’s a fraud.

***Edit: [Generally, the seller's primary obligations are to transfer ownership of the goods and deliver the goods.]
https://law.jrank.org/pages/9988/Sales-Law-Seller-s-Obligations.html

GL can change them at any time means to me that they can change in-game assets at their discretion. A perfect example: boosters within the latest update. They can make them last 20 sec. or 20 years, they can charge 1M bucks for them, but they can’t touch the boosters they have already sold to players or gave ‘em as rewards. The Company can make prospective changes, but not retrospective ones. Once again I base my interpretations or understanding on common sense.

Let's say I am wrong and don't understand ToUs. My problem, mea culpa (salute, Neil, another common Latin quote:). But what if several hundred or thousand players too don’t understand ToUs in above mentioned aspects? Then that would be Company’s problem. You can’t mislead your players, especially when you charge fees for your services and products.

That’s why I think that class action might have a chance. If a judge sees 100-200 or more legally competent persons that are not able to figure out ToUs of the game available to 0+kids then it might become a problem for those who think that they can do everything they want. No company can ever put its business out of reach of the Civil Law or any other laws.
Von zwei Narren hält der größere den kleineren für den größeren.
Emil Gött

Harry K

Veteran

Windows Phone

Mon Mar 30, 2020 12:09 am
Well said Nat B. One of the problems in going for a straight suit is it might f up other players future enjoyment, then again a proper class action may not lead to reimbursements but at least set a legal precedent. A8 is not the only game that GL/ Vivendi take advantage of. A8 is for >7 year olds, My Little Pony >3. Those kids obviously read and understood the Terms and conditions/TOU.

The worst of it is that GL is not the worst of it.
Elvis Costello - Watching the Defectives - https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=snPDoXl9ZPs
no avatar

Nat B.+

Windows PC

Mon Mar 30, 2020 1:15 am
Harry K wrote:
Well said Nat B. One of the problems in going for a straight suit is it might f up other players future enjoyment, then again a proper class action may not lead to reimbursements but at least set a legal precedent. A8 is not the only game that GL/ Vivendi take advantage of. A8 is for >7 year olds, My Little Pony >3. Those kids obviously read and understood the Terms and conditions/TOU.

The worst of it is that GL is not the worst of it.

That's funny. Age depends on language/country settings?
Attachments
Age.png
Age.png (374 KiB) Viewed 293 times
Von zwei Narren hält der größere den kleineren für den größeren.
Emil Gött

Neilson

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:30 am
TaG-Fast-Track wrote:
They took more then 500 boosters away from my account.

A value of $$$

I'm suing GameLoft.

This time enough is enough.

My Lawyer have already been contacted on this issue. She says we have a good chance (to obtain something).

That's absurd . I can hear the judge now " get the "_$#@ out of my courtroom now ! But I'll be waiting to see your attorney's summons complaint form . with your & gamelofts name on it ," plaintiff" you vs "defendant" Gameloft ,  With a case # & a time & date stamp from a court officer 🤔 too funny
Attachments
Screenshot_20200329-203655.png
Screenshot_20200329-203655.png (202.33 KiB) Viewed 265 times

Harry K

Veteran

Windows Phone

Mon Mar 30, 2020 5:10 am
^^^^ Understand your skepticism Neilson, I share it. But any judge worth his salt will ask to be presented with facts not emotions. There is enough pure unadulterated data just on this forum to hold GL to answer.
Elvis Costello - Watching the Defectives - https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=snPDoXl9ZPs

Me.

Veteran

Windows PC

Mon Mar 30, 2020 7:13 am
@Nat - ACB, ESBR, PEGI, USK etc are all self-regulatory bodies 
- RARS (Russian Federation) is an exception, its a govt. regulated classifcation system which is enforceable by law.
Recommendations (can) differ depending on a number of factors, eg. classification system, country, region etc.

@Harry - I agree with the sentiment but with all due respect, I beg to differ - When installing the game (Asphalt 8) there is an age verification step - Minors, in most countries under18s, need adult (parental / guardian) consent.

The age verification step is prescribed by law in most countries. Classification is a totally different animal.  ;)
I'm confident there is a simular verification step in My Little Pony and all other Gameloft games.

@Neilson - i agree, too funny. :D

Harry K

Veteran

Windows Phone

Mon Mar 30, 2020 10:30 am
Me. wrote:
@Nat - ACB, ESBR, PEGI, USK etc are all self-regulatory bodies 
- RARS (Russian Federation) is an exception, its a govt. regulated classifcation system which is enforceable by law.
Recommendations (can) differ depending on a number of factors, eg. classification system, country, region etc.

@Harry - I agree with the sentiment but with all due respect, I beg to differ - When installing the game (Asphalt 8) there is an age verification step - Minors, in most countries under18s, need adult (parental / guardian) consent.

The age verification step is prescribed by law in most countries. Classification is a totally different animal.  ;)
I'm confident there is a simular verification step in My Little Pony and all other Gameloft games.

@Neilson - i agree, too funny. :D

Well yes, but I lie about my age when signing in to anything not because I want to appear younger (1/1/71) but because I want to remain anonymous and I can remember that date. :)

And I'm sure those mummies and daddies all read and understood the TOU agreement before accepting them on their childs behalf.

There are several points of law that are being bent if not broken by GL. But as I've said in other threads, most countries have an ethnics committees. Those in parliament, senate (not sennit as I originally wrote, that's a straw hat) etc are the people that need this kind of data. Big, hard law can be easily applied to music, film and TV. But in the biggest growing market in the entertainment business the law is still wishy-washy everywhere.

As is this post. It's early Monday morning FFS what did you expect Ally McBeal.