Speak about anything related to Asphalt 8!

Mohsenalex

Windows PC

Re: I'm suing GL

Sun Mar 29, 2020 6:13 pm
So since its a lawsuit anyway you should add more people to it
probably anyone close to you and if someone is a vip will do very good for the case
no avatar

Driver 2305

Google Play (Android)

Sun Mar 29, 2020 6:14 pm
audiorapture wrote:
"Good luck. We're all counting on you."

Rightly or wrongly, I detect a little hint of sarcasm in your answer.

However, the manner of proceeding, removing, or even stealing of Gameloft dozens and hundreds of Boosters legitimately won and legally purchased is lawfully assimilated to a theft within the meaning of the Penal Code of all countries of the world.

There is no doubt about it!

twentyeggs

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Sun Mar 29, 2020 6:26 pm
You do have a case. My wife is an attorney and she presented it to her firm. They all agreed there are several places where GL has breeched App Store’s TOS and US laws. They are determining now whether or not to take this case. Which will be huge if they do. They go full force at whatever lawsuit they take on. It would be real exciting, so I am crossing my fingers. 

The VIP system is where most of the meat is. What they did to it and to us is by definition, criminal. The boosters also have a strong case of fraud. We legitimately earned them by watching ads, their source of income. They can get away with converting them but they cannot just take them away, especially when it is obvious they stole legitimately earned boosters. 

Its fraud. This game is currently considered fraudulent. 
-Nerfing cars immediately after people purchase them.
-Refusing to give us the items we bought in the form of VIP benefits.
-Stealing legitimately aquired boosters. 

I guess it is not enough to swindle us with manipulative gaming tactics, not enough to remove all the aspects that gave this game any depth, not enough to make any sort of current and future progression exclusively fueled by hard currency, in all, not enough to destroy the game. They had to cross over the line of ethics and legality.

If you need someone’s account to make the case for stolen VIP benefits, let me know.
________________________________________________________________________________

Harry K

Veteran

Windows Phone

Sun Mar 29, 2020 6:46 pm
@2305. The Clickwrap "agree" that everyone clicked after institution is as good a contract as you can get. It's very well designed and written, as I'm sure your partner will agree. TOU state that GL own ALL virtual items and can change them at any time.

I'm not a lawyer but I know a thing or two about this. Corel stole some code from me and friends then Adobe stole it from them. They settled out of court. The little man can take the multinationals with patience and preservations.

Your main focus should be the devaluation of VIP status, breach of trust, misleading advertising and unethical behaviour (where cutting boosters comes in).

Good luck mate.
Elvis Costello - Watching the Defectives - https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=snPDoXl9ZPs
no avatar

Driver 2305

Google Play (Android)

Sun Mar 29, 2020 8:37 pm
Harry K wrote:
@2305. The Clickwrap "agree" that everyone clicked after institution is as good a contract as you can get. It's very well designed and written, as I'm sure your partner will agree. TOU state that GL own ALL virtual items and can change them at any time.

I'm not a lawyer but I know a thing or two about this. Corel stole some code from me and friends then Adobe stole it from them. They settled out of court. The little man can take the multinationals with patience and preservations.

Your main focus should be the devaluation of VIP status, breach of trust, misleading advertising and unethical behaviour (where cutting boosters comes in).

Good luck mate.

I am also not a lawyer, but I am a jurist [by training] in the Law Department of one of the biggest and most powerful international companies in the world based in Switzerland.

As I have already written in another thread and independently of its arguments, it remains to be seen whether its Terms of Use “Agreement” are in accordance with the relevant applicable law or not.

That is very certainly not the case and it knows full well that! ...  :') :') :')
no avatar

Nat B.+

Windows PC

Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:16 pm
twentyeggs wrote:
They can get away with converting them but they cannot just take them away, especially when it is obvious they stole legitimately earned boosters. 

Converting 100 4-hours ETs into 50 8-hours ETs means that every time you want to activate an ET they force you to click it two times instead of one.  An implicit stealing.
Von zwei Narren hält der größere den kleineren für den größeren.
Emil Gött

oldman65

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:40 pm
I really wished that GL would have just done the ethical thing and addressed the changes and restored what they removed, either with the same items and benefits or equivalent ones. Sad really...

I have no idea if lawsuits will be effective or not. I agree with the points that the VIP system is the biggest grievance, then followed with boosters, vehicle changes, etc... but the one that I feel would be the biggest threat to GL is if they are proven to be in violation of the various app stores’ TOS. Having their apps pulled from the different app stores would be disastrous for them. That would cut off revenue completely.

I hoped it had not come to this. I especially wished no legal action was necessary. Just so disappointed that it has come to this point, when everything was completely avoidable. 😔
Car I most want added to A8:
       1991 MAZDA 787B

Me.

Veteran

Windows PC

Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:16 pm
Driver 2305 wrote:
audiorapture wrote:
"Good luck. We're all counting on you."

Rightly or wrongly, I detect a little hint of sarcasm in your answer.

Nah, no sarcasm there, not even a little hint of - trust me on this one.
no avatar

Dex1

Expert Racer

Windows PC

Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:27 pm
Oldman65 im sorry for that but if it come to that you know who to blame.
I was writen many times that something is just wrong, but no1 want to listen. Atleast not ones who make decision.
I will be sad too but now is game practicaly unplayable, you can play only unboosted without real money and thats it.
You cant advance even in small steps, you need fat wallet if you wanna advance.
And that was not enough. 
So GL played dangerous game and they didnt count on this (neither i am).

fkw123

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:38 pm
when i heard the they are tweaking our booster way back before this easter update and posted here, my instinct knew something about to go terribly wrong , somehow i still manage to supress my ill feeling and pray for the best going forward.. now that is has gone to this route i just don't give a Flying F*ck anymore