Speak about anything related to Asphalt 8!
no avatar

Antonino-Sicily

Veteran

Windows Phone

Feedback regarding new booster system

Sat Mar 28, 2020 3:05 pm
Hi everyone!
What do you think about the new booster page?
I think it's really confusing!
The buttons are also too close to the "Start Race" button, (Double Credit as default) so they can cause accidental purchases (is it intended?)
With the old system you had a clear view of all your boosters in a glance, and could start a race quickly, now you have to choose every single booster first, then choose which one you prefer!
I also noticed that before the new booster screen appears the game freezes for 4 seconds while it loads....
Was this new booster screen really necessary among all the priorities in the game?
Total vehicles owned: 256
Vehicles MAXed: 188
Vehicles MAXed and PROed:  118
Play time: ~73 d

fkw123

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

positives
-never have to worry accident press ET whenever you are offline playing anymore as it require you to go online to apply any booster.

-30d for NS is brilliant as compare to last time.. that would costly around 32mils+ credit as my calculation

negatives
-the awful pricing for them are absurd , especially DC, ET and most bothersome of all is TK now in fusion coin

-slower process to apply all booster as we now need to click all 4 pages of them instead of old just in 1 conjunction

-slight delay/lag spikes whenever restart a race which i notice alot during my offline farming time.

Alexatrom

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Thanks @Antonino, i was waiting for this thread. New booster system is complete rubbish. Nobody had asked for. In the past we had to chose from 4 boosters. Now we have to chose from 44 boosters for sale plus pending boosters in inventory, for me right now 57 different options shown ... - Very innovative not fixing bugs and introducing this ****. - And yes, buttons are to small and it's intentional to purchase accidentally ... (misleading?) ...
GLogic hurts: Fuglation is the ultimate ambition.

Sayaneechan

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

I think it all makes no sense. Period. ::)
We asked for boosters to simply have a set number of races, instead of time. Now not only we got more timers, they are also more expensive.

random7669

Google Play (Android)

Out of touch with reality.
Abusive prices. DC & ET inflated x10.
FuCs for TK? No words to describe this...

Crappy at best.

Me.

Veteran

Windows PC

What @Saya said sums it up pretty much

- ridiculous prices
- Overchoice 

They should've kept it simple and affordable. 

no avatar

axt

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

I hate it. The whole thing is designed intentionally in a way which will result in a lot of mistaps/misclicks. GL does know this very well. This whole booster change is the biggest atrocity towards the long time players. No sane veteran would ever spend money on any other Vivendi games. But if they hate veterans so much, do they really think newbies will come and pay those extraordinary prices? Who are the suits rely on paying for A8?
Ex enthusiast A8 player. Call me casual now.

CortoMaltz

Google Play (Android)

Re: Feedback regarding new booster system

Sat Mar 28, 2020 11:30 pm
Sayaneechan wrote:
I think it all makes no sense. Period. ::)
We asked for boosters to simply have a set number of races, instead of time. Now not only we got more timers, they are also more expensive.

Good old Gameloft, very consistent in giving us exactly the opposite of suggested, expected and logical. At this point in time I have to admit that they have almost completely ruined the game, exploited most aspects of it, and not much room is left to screaw players even more. Sure, Gameloft will find way to make more of the remaining racers leave by the next update, as always.
They mastered it - make their own game worse and worse, instead of just shutting it off, over the period of 2-3 years, and still going strong. Glad i witnessed something like this but now i couldn't care less. A perfect recipe to cure the gaming addiction, i give them that.
Uninstall is pending
#GameloftedToo. A9? Yeah right  :D
Reduced rewards, tenfold increased parts&cards requirements, hyperinflated new third currency, tinkering with cars and events, stealing people's boosters, making them click on a wrong button, astronomical in-game prices and now halving our inventories & killing off MP car tuning. What's next? Another festival?  ;D
no avatar

nks71

Veteran

Windows Phone

Greece

As others have stated, too many choices, too expensive, more time consuming, laggy.
Another lame addition.

crxess

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

I really wouldn't care about the new boosters at all, it GL hadn't stolen nearly 1500 Boosters from me when they changes the  platform.

That pretty much did it for me and I haven't touched the game since.