Speak about anything related to Asphalt 8!
User avatar

ash1

Veteran

Google Play (Android)
Posts

2448

Monaco: After the first right-hander and you've got a choice of routes through the buildings, I always go left. This is quicker, isn't it?? And even if it's marginally slower, going right means you've got to swerve to grab the gold bottle at the exit. I just wondered, bc so many good racers seem to head right...??
Cars owned: 208
Racing name: Wuxifingerhold6
no avatar

Km4r0nFire01

Veteran

Windows PC
Posts

1337

azur coast go right

reverse go left^^
......
User avatar

Harry K

Veteran

Windows Phone
Posts

2638

Watch some of the elite Vs race vids. The likes of Elite Hectorx, ReV_Tez, RpM_Darua etc always take the right-hand route. Even on the left-hand road you still need to micro drift in a lot of cars to get the city havoc and still keep the bend tight inside the tunnel.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FRI0PalIIJg
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9vY7rN2OjCg
Ex Asphalt player. Tune for the week - Catatonia - Road Rage - https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=U_bL0EqlDEk
User avatar

ash1

Veteran

Google Play (Android)
Posts

2448

Ah, eff it. I still like left. It still feels quicker to me. But thanks guys :)
I'll take the high road and you take the low road...
Cars owned: 208
Racing name: Wuxifingerhold6
User avatar

Harry K

Veteran

Windows Phone
Posts

2638

ash1 wrote:
Ah, eff it. I still like left. It still feels quicker to me. But thanks guys :)
I'll take the high road and you take the low road...


In MP it's much safer to take left if you're not in the lead after the first corner, it gets quit scrappy on the right. Also you might get the nitro when it respawns which will make up for lost time. So it does depend on what/how you're doing.
Ex Asphalt player. Tune for the week - Catatonia - Road Rage - https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=U_bL0EqlDEk
User avatar

JakeP

Veteran

Windows PC
Posts

1717

You sound like my wife, ask a question already knowing HER answer and there is nothing you can say that will change her mind.
 May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house.
Image
User avatar

ash1

Veteran

Google Play (Android)
Posts

2448

😁I like your wife.

(Erm, sorry Jake, that sounds wrong doesn't it? :lol: )
Cars owned: 208
Racing name: Wuxifingerhold6
User avatar

JakeP

Veteran

Windows PC
Posts

1717

ash1 wrote:
😁I like your wife.

(Erm, sorry Jake, that sounds wrong doesn't it? :lol: )

No, not at all, I like her too, very much, despite that flaw. :-)
 May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house.
Image
User avatar

Harry K

Veteran

Windows Phone
Posts

2638

JakeP wrote:
ash1 wrote:
😁I like your wife.

(Erm, sorry Jake, that sounds wrong doesn't it? :lol: )

No, not at all, I like her too, very much, despite that flaw. :-)


By any chance would one of these so called "flaws" be the pathological hatred of a certain racing game? ;)
Ex Asphalt player. Tune for the week - Catatonia - Road Rage - https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=U_bL0EqlDEk
User avatar

twentyeggs

Senior Member

Apple (iOS)
Posts

254

ash1 wrote:
Monaco: After the first right-hander and you've got a choice of routes through the buildings, I always go left. This is quicker, isn't it?? And even if it's marginally slower, going right means you've got to swerve to grab the gold bottle at the exit. I just wondered, bc so many good racers seem to head right...??

It is faster to go right, even if you factor in swerving to get that bottle. If you are neck and neck with someone going into that turn, it can make all the difference going right cause at all costs you want to beat your opponent to the yellow bottle. There have been many times where adter thay turn I am tailing right behind someone and much to my delight he turns left. Not only are there more havoc on the right but if I stick real close to the wall I usually come out just enough ahead of him to swipe that bottle, and the rest is history. 
With nitro efficient cars like the Apollo, X2, Cento in TLE cups, you can pick up a few very valuable tenths of a second by going right and skipping the yellow bottle, hugging the wall around to the straight. 

So
Much faster getting to the bottle
Slightly faster after swerving to get the bottle and getting to the first tunnel 
Significantly faster if you skip the bottle all together, getting to the tunnel.
________________________________________________________________________________
Image