Speak about anything related to Asphalt 8!

Nive

Google Play (Android)

I found this observation quite funny. Been getting close matchmaking numbers in the majority of all my off season racing. And thought how ironic that is. If it's possible to be like this during off season then it should be possible to be this quality all the time. Go figure.

NoobDriver

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

@nive : I don't see why it's an irony. You could have this kind of MM in MP season. It is not like every race we have on seasoned MP race, we face car 100+ rank above.

During off season many didn't play MP like usual, and some might try different car. Bottom line is off season stat can't be considered as representative of seasoned MP race.

And I'm pretty sure the dev is too lazy to create separated algorithm just for off sesaon race.

Владо_Б

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

It's because there is no Risk points. A good proof how risking points ruin the fair matchmaking.
When everything goes wrong, CC is your last hope !
ViSvEv7

Nive

Google Play (Android)

Ignore all the cars, this isn't about good/bad cars. I'm mainly focusing on the car ranks.

The rank spread is mostly under 10 from what I've observed in twenty odd races, highest spread is still under 50. That's a pretty dang good track record. (pun not intended)

Why can't we have it like this ALL the time? There's no reason we shouldn't. You said it yourself, devs wouldn't make separate algorithms.
"You could have this kind of MM in MP season. It is not like every race we have on seasoned MP race, we face car 100+ rank above."

*insert here all the posts in the monthly MP thread complaining about matchmakings*

.It's because there is no Risk points. A good proof how risking points ruin the fair matchmaking.

Ah...I fogot about that.

NoobDriver

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

@nive : those complaint about MM is only happened, dare to say , probably 1 out of 6 races... Let's see if someone who love stat willing to make a comparison of how much race with bad MM ( over 100+ rank difference) compare to quite fair one (up to 70 rank higher)...

If the percentage is 40:60 or beyond, then probably we could assume it's "less" fair.... if not we must accept that it's just a "**** do happens" condition...

I'm not defending GL whatsoever, just to put the issue in more balanced perspective...
no avatar

BT9

Veteran

Google Play TV (Android)

What I think is ironic is that my own free races I am seeing up to 50 pt difference in matchmaking which is definitely not fair (8+ mph).. I don't remember the spread being more than 30 pts in the last couple free racing so either I must be racing at low population times *or they tweaked the settings for the worst again*.

I think you just convinced to to buy the M2 at discount..but it will take me a couple months to upgrade it.
Never underestimate another man's greed or obsession...

no avatar

BT9

Veteran

Google Play TV (Android)

NoobDriver wrote:
@nive : those complaint about MM is only happened, dare to say , probably 1 out of 6 races... Let's see if someone who love stat willing to make a comparison of how much race with bad MM ( over 100+ rank difference) compare to quite fair one (up to 70 rank higher)...

If the percentage is 40:60 or beyond, then probably we could assume it's "less" fair.... if not we must accept that it's just a "**** do happens" condition...

I'm not defending GL whatsoever, just to put the issue in more balanced perspective...

I kept track of my wins and losses for No Risk last couple seasons and with good cars I could win points (1st or 2nd) about 75% of the time.  Against Riskers I could nearly never win against and 25% of the time there were 2 or more.  How many times there were only 1 Risker I do not know.  If that helps.   Population will certainly affect this.
Never underestimate another man's greed or obsession...

NoobDriver

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Well the contrary of what @bt9 said, I always try to risk till certain points to save MP points, and I don't have experience how MM without risking....

Based on my own experience, with risking (especially 100%), the chance to meet unfair MM, is still happened, but probably 1/20 races...

JakeP

Veteran

Windows PC

I also noted better match-making during this long free mode MP period.
But my opinion on why it happens is different: during these periods, GL relaxes the constraints on MM. So I am Elite and during normal season, they would never place me along with Amateurs and Challenger, or very very rarely, GL would make me wait minutes, or even time out my room, waiting for players that were also Elite or Champion, lastly PRO league. So when you open the room to all players, like it happens in free mode period, you have more players with similar vehicles so you have better MM. But the difference in skills between Amateurs/Challengers and PRO+ players is big so in the end even if the cars are similar, you many times end up with unbalanced races anyway.
So the big problem of MP is that there are not enough players playing it at higher levels.
And there are not because GL is evil and is making everybody pizzed (replace zz with ss) and leaving the game or abandoning MP.
 May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house.

NoobDriver

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

And probably not everyone already update their game...