Speak about anything related to Asphalt 8!
no avatar

nks71

Veteran

Windows Phone

Greece

Re: Game Progress Expectation Adjustment

Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:17 pm
@Nograe give it a rest with the mental coaching or open a forum where you'll provide help to addicted/negative oriented players.
In my case I just stopped falling for the hype GL creates, play whatever event I want that still entertains me and ruled out all the negativity by blocking the source of its creation, GL's bad tactics that is.
There is always middle ground you know...

fkw123

Google Play (Android)

Sun Sep 22, 2019 9:16 pm
on a serious note , personally for me at this point i don't know that if i wanted to get a new gaming phone just for a8 , yes op is right we all should keep out expectation waaaay lower, or else u will get burn hard

CortoMaltz

Google Play (Android)

Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:05 am
Yeah, you're all quite right with the comments. For me, after a few years of enduring all the various small and big gamelofting by GL, plus cxeaters issues, I simply don't care anymore. Still play the game 10-15 min a day, and visit this forum to read funny comments, if come across any.

What I'd REALLY like to know but will never get a chance, are GL's recent sale statistics for Asphalt 8. Are people really still paying GL good money, despite of how GL progressively made the game worse and waaay overpriced? I'm starting to believe that it must be the case - lots of people have too much money they don't know where else to spend. Or, GL earns enough from their advertisers. 

So be it. I will probably keep playing, now and then, until GL's bucks inflow runs too low, and they shut the game completely. But i will certainly keep getting entertained both with GL's unlimited bag of gamelofting tricks, and also by how all that still upsets lots of racers here  :???:
Cheerz
Would you mind getting steadily frustrated, trolled and annoyed even if you spend $? Are you having that feeling of being tricked and devalued? No worries! Welcome to the Gameloft world!  ;D
no avatar

null

Veteran

Windows PC

Mon Sep 23, 2019 1:42 pm
CortoMaltz wrote:
What I'd REALLY like to know but will never get a chance, are GL's recent sale statistics for Asphalt 8. Are people really still paying GL good money, despite of how GL progressively made the game worse and waaay overpriced? I'm starting to believe that it must be the case - lots of people have too much money they don't know where else to spend. Or, GL earns enough from their advertisers. 

Either there are a lot of ignorant people still paying money or Gameloft is simply relying on the whales who pay a lot every month.    Remember, most don't read forums like this so are unaware of how infested the game is with cheaters.  I've long subscribed to the theory that one reason Gameloft has never done anything about all the cheating is it drives the ignorant to pay.  They think if only they have better cars or better upgrades, they can do those times too..

By the way, censors, "ignorant" isn't an insult.  It's meant as "unaware" of  what the game is really about.

NoobDriver

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Mon Sep 23, 2019 4:19 pm
If there's players like that, who spent a lot, monthly, and thinking they should spend more to upgrade their car, in order to get the same prize as those SoB cheaters, then I'm not sorry for them. It's not ignorant, it's stupidity. 

If they could spend a decent amount, every month, with careless attitude, then consider GL is a lucky bestard company then...
no avatar

null

Veteran

Windows PC

Mon Sep 23, 2019 4:45 pm
NoobDriver wrote:
If there's players like that, who spent a lot, monthly, and thinking they should spend more to upgrade their car, in order to get the same prize as those SoB cheaters

Some people have more disposable income than others.  If they enjoy the game they'll continue to pay to play.  My point was that no matter how much you upgrade cars, you're not going to beat hack programs.  It's an illusion that Gameloft helps perpetuate..

NoobDriver

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Mon Sep 23, 2019 5:54 pm
@null : Understood, but even freeloader like me could upgrade some mostly used for TLE... If they are regular spender, they'll reach that state quicker....

Like I said, if they fell into illusion that more pay more skill, then GL is once again a lucky bestard company...
no avatar

quailstorm

Veteran

Windows PC

Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:35 pm
You can check income data for last month if you register to sensortower.
A8 does worse than it used to according to Vivendi and GL press releases.
It still does well enough to fund maintenance and further content, but it is slowly but steadily going down.

A8sully@gmail.com

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Tue Sep 24, 2019 12:28 am
It amazes me that GL refuses to revert to a once winning formula.
You know.. the one where you give the customer what they want ( cars..prizes..winning..fun) and said customer pays for the enjoyment of the game or that shiny new king of the road they've had their eye on but are a little short on tokens.
I for one will gladly open my wallet and reward a programmer who can amuse me rather than infuriate me with underhanded tactics.

Simple greed ruined this once great game.
An example of a sneaky plan with a shiddy backfire.

It wouldn't take much to turn this around..just some brains and swallowed pride but.....GL!

no avatar

Rons-Place

Apple (iOS)

Tue Sep 24, 2019 12:30 am
I gave up trying to collect new cars ages ago, I enter the event go as far as I can only using free boosts I do not spend credits or tokens.
Currently all I spend credits on is max-ing cars that are in the collections 16 cars to go ( 2 I don't have yet), when I complete this task it will be maxing cars to get to mastery 12 to get licences to open up more inventory spaces, the way some things have changed I am going to have to add some pro upgrades to get cars to mastery 12 as maxing them only seems to get you to mastery 11.
When I collect enough licences to open the next inventory slots ( usually 25) I spend the tokens to open up another 35 slots 60 in total, Then open some of the thousands of boxes I've been collected, I really dislike the fusion system and try not to use it and haven't for ages because I haven't added any pro upgrades to any car for ages.

So it appears GL progress expectations don't match mine.
No biggy I'll just enjoy the game and progress my way.
Too old to die young
Racing Name: Rot10-Ronny