Speak about anything related to Asphalt 8!
no avatar

JZO

Apple (iOS)

Re: Game Progress Expectation Adjustment

Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:47 pm
Cool post, ar.
VERY.
Racing name: The Silver 7.  

audiorapture

MVP

Apple (iOS)

IOS

Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:04 pm
@nograe - Thank you for pointing out something I forgot to mention (but mentioned elsewhere a few times) - if you enjoy the game, feel free to make in-app purchases. If you don't feel like it, fine. If you don't enjoy the game - maybe time to find something else to do.
IOS friending requires Facebook, send me a private message to link up
The FLU ate my stats.
Support Info: IOS, Player ID 6hde | Signature Update: May 29, 2019
no avatar

quailstorm

Veteran

Windows PC

Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:05 pm
Well, the problem with IAP is (especially in A9), that reasonable amount of money will not help you progress at all.
Other issue is that it won't change the fact that cheaters will still beat you and GL will still produce low quality game with scams.

I paid when it was not this bad, but not anymore, not worth it.
no avatar

nks71

Veteran

Windows Phone

Greece

Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:56 pm
What quailstorm said.
What's the point of paying real money and aim for the top awards reserved for the top few players, when you realize that all your efforts, money, dedication goes to the bin?
GL's failure to handle cheaters/hackers and provide events that award the best clean players, is the major and biggest problem of this game.
Instead GL is counting on algorithms that deem everyone as a cheater until proven otherwise, how would anyone pay money for that...
It is a real pity though, because the gameplay is still excellent, the tracks are very well designed and MP (when it works properly) is the best racing mode ever!
My take on it is that GL failed to comprehend the dynamic of their own game (I think the hostile takeover from Vivendi and their aggressive tactics led to that) they deem this game as arcade mostly when, while this approach is correct, the players get addicted mostly to the racing aspect of the game, even with the arcade parts of it.
To end this, there is a chance that we're all mistaken in a way, I mean even though we complain and complain, GL has managed to keep a game alive and kicking for 6 years, I'll give them props for that.
They should give some props to their user base as well, that’s how balance is achieved IMHO!

Danger Mouse

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Sat Sep 21, 2019 11:57 pm
I'd put up with the scams, lies, bugs and cheaters and spend on the game if it were priced appropriately. I refuse to spend (now) because it's just a rip-off. Reduce prices by 80% across the board, change nothing else, and I'll probably start spending again.

For the prices they charge they need to be providing an enjoyable, engaging, smooth, fair and reliable premium experience. They are not.

nograe

Veteran

Windows PC

Sun Sep 22, 2019 12:12 am
quailstorm wrote:
Well, the problem with IAP is (especially in A9), that reasonable amount of money will not help you progress at all.
Other issue is that it won't change the fact that cheaters will still beat you and GL will still produce low quality game with scams.

I paid when it was not this bad, but not anymore, not worth it.

Totally respect your position. You should look for something else to get involved with, something you feel good about spending time doing. Don't squander your time doing what you don't enjoy just because you don't want to let go of a past investment. People make that mistake in the stock market all the time. Time to call it good, cash out and invest your time in something better. Or at least reduce your involvement until you are getting as much as you are giving, and be at peace with what it is and your place in it. I don't play as much as I used to. As soon as I'm not enjoying myself, I shut it down and leave. If an event becomes unpleasant, I"m out, no matter how much I've put in, and it doesn't bother me.  I'm much happier now.
no avatar

quailstorm

Veteran

Windows PC

Sun Sep 22, 2019 9:19 am
It is hard to let it go when you are responsible for leading a historic team and in the project of writing a thesis about Asphalt collecting thousands of screenshots, evidence and links.
But one day it will come, hopefully.
no avatar

Km4r0nFire01

Veteran

Windows PC

Sun Sep 22, 2019 9:31 am
is this needed to read poor mental coaching delirium on an amazing thread like this one?

no need answer, I need no one to know what I have to do in my life thx

@OP perfect post totally true, clear and helpfull

+adding quailstorm and nks post full resume of this game is done here, thx guys.

to me what ban me to spend one cent in this game is the so huge amount of cheaters allowed by GL on my platform. It's hard to ignore them being free players but I could not stay in this game if I had to give something for

however if a day they make something against countless cheaters then I will spend real money immediately
no avatar

BT9

Veteran

Google Play TV (Android)

Sun Sep 22, 2019 4:29 pm
The allowance of cheaters in A8 is precisely why you cannot take the game seriously and by connection be emotionally invested into it.
Never underestimate another man's greed or obsession...

nograe

Veteran

Windows PC

Sun Sep 22, 2019 6:57 pm
@BT9 ... yes, totally. When players are at the point where they have turned mostly negative on A8, they are taking it far too seriously, need to ratchet down and explore something else. If that is deleriously bad mental coaching, then so be it. Deleriously bad behavior is to keep doing what you hate, or what continually upsets you.