Speak about anything related to Asphalt 8!

audiorapture

MVP

Apple (iOS)

IOS

Re: Game Progress Expectation Adjustment

Sat Sep 21, 2019 4:06 am
@Nive: It certainly wasn't my intention to claim that being a collector was the only aspect. If you already enjoy the game with all its changes, more power to you.
IOS friending requires Facebook, send me a private message to link up
The FLU ate my stats.
Support Info: IOS, Player ID 6hde | Signature Update: May 29, 2019

Timmr

Windows PC

Sat Sep 21, 2019 6:00 am
audiorapture wrote:
Do not confuse my post with any confirmation by GL in any way, shape, or form. .

Apologies......

Your post seemed to indicate that your statements, assertions and conclusions were based on your conversations with both the players and Gameloft CM's.

Given your significant and direct contact with CM's, it was natural to assume at least some of the statements were made by and/or confirmed by the CM's.

Apparently an incorrect assumption.
"I don't need any Vulcan or Apollo while I have my Dodge Dart !!!"

Владо_Б

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Sat Sep 21, 2019 7:47 am
Nicely summarized AR. And GL don't mind this post? I thought it's a public secret.
OT
This "title" collector someone give themselves and became fashion is always make me laugh and seriously can't stand it. Well, then i have been astronaut, highest war general, super killer etc in the past . To be a collectionner you have to regularly spend .. much .. money .. on a rare things .. real.  ;)  They are just greedy, wanting everything. This is not a Collector  ;) .Or maybe collector and collectionner mean different things in english ?
When everything goes wrong, CC is your last hope !
ViSvEv7

Myb R

Windows PC

Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:57 am
@AR I totally agree with all that you said and because of that the only thing that I still enjoy in the game is MP even with all the cheaters.

audiorapture

MVP

Apple (iOS)

IOS

Sat Sep 21, 2019 1:00 pm
Timmr wrote:
audiorapture wrote:
Do not confuse my post with any confirmation by GL in any way, shape, or form.

Apologies......

Your post seemed to indicate that your statements, assertions and conclusions were based on your conversations with both the players and Gameloft CM's.

Given your significant and direct contact with CM's, it was natural to assume at least some of the statements were made by and/or confirmed by the CM's.

Apparently an incorrect assumption.

Yes, I can understand where the assumption comes from. Apparently I didn't word it carefully enough. Yes, it was based partly based on conversations with CMs, but it was me reading between the lines what the CMs say as opposed to official confirmation. So I could be wrong, I don't think I am.
The FLU ate my stats.

audiorapture

MVP

Apple (iOS)

IOS

Sat Sep 21, 2019 1:12 pm
Владо_Б wrote:
Nicely summarized AR. And GL don't mind this post? I thought it's a public secret.
OT
This "title" collector someone give themselves and became fashion is always make me laugh and seriously can't stand it. Well, then i have been astronaut, highest war general, super killer etc in the past . To be a collectionner you have to regularly spend .. much .. money .. on a rare things .. real.  ;)  They are just greedy, wanting everything. This is not a Collector  ;) .Or maybe collector and collectionner mean different things in english

Well, I can post things on a Friday afternoon, as well. ;) If they mind on Monday, they'll remove it. Or ask me to put it in the "speculation" thread.

Collecting does not necessarily mean you have to spend money. In my youth I collected stamps and coins, and never paid anything to anyone. In this game, I didn't set /out/ to be a collector, it just happened that it seemed an achievable goal about a year into it. And after 2.5 years I had all the cars that were available at the time (except the 2015 Spano, of course), and didn't spend money to buy any of them directly. Then GL made these massive changes.
The FLU ate my stats.

NoobDriver

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Sat Sep 21, 2019 3:46 pm
Well I looked up for the term "Collector"... And the only connection between money and the term is about collecting money, either done by mafia or other institution...

If you pay to get it, that's a buyer from my PoV... I started this game as something to play other than chess, and when you put some effort to it, you got something more than a casual player...

I respect those who spent on this game, something I would never done, at least not in this life span...

And so far I dare to say my achievement is not so far away from VIP player... Still something to enjoy here and there...but despite all the destructive move that GL put in this game, probably I will play less anyway.... Almost(or already?) 4 years...time to start something new...
Attachments
Screenshot_2019-09-21-21-39-51-42.png
Screenshot_2019-09-21-21-39-51-42.png (169.09 KiB) Viewed 134 times
Screenshot_2019-09-21-21-39-41-82.png
Screenshot_2019-09-21-21-39-41-82.png (200.98 KiB) Viewed 134 times

Igor Polski

Veteran

Windows PC

Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:14 pm
Great OP AR! I started out getting the cars I thought would be good then the ones I learned (from here) were good and after that started collecting cars. That part of the game I do miss as it's nearly impossible to get any new cars without spending real money. I will keep playing for the fun of the game but GL has no chance of seeing any cash from me.

Владо_Б

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Sat Sep 21, 2019 7:01 pm
Uhm, yes confusing. I translate "collector" on my language exactly like people who collect money. Speaking about collectioners, is it a bad idea if GL make a collection of some rare (old/new) cars and ocasionally put them one by one for purchase with real money only? Not expensive, not much of a use in MP/TLE , but if there are REAL collectioners in the game, who knows. In my sport TT, there are people who pay insane money for old blades not in production anymore - 5-10 times more than the new ones. They are basically the same, but they want to have something rare/old others don't own.
For example, i've always wanted old Dodge Charger. Maybe some cool decal. And of course as a must, the sound to be as much authentic as it can be.  ;)
PS
@AR as a boy i also had collections of post stamps, football teams and the only collection i didn't pay for was empty cigarette boxes  :D
When everything goes wrong, CC is your last hope !
ViSvEv7

nograe

Veteran

Windows PC

Sat Sep 21, 2019 7:56 pm
I don't know why so many players have such an aversion to spending any money on A8.  It's entertainment, just like a movie or a concert or a dinner out. I used to play in chess tournaments. They weren't free. Someone made some money hosting them. That was ok. .A modest amount spent in support of the game is reasonable. If you like being here, playing the game, participating in events, then there is no shame in spending money. What if everyone thought "I'm going to the concert series but I'm not going to spend one dime on it." ?   How long would those concerts last? Do the producers deserve anything for their time and effort? Most people on this forum play regularly, not just a couple of times a month. That would suggest that they are receiving sigificant value from their engagement, and I don't see how there is any badge of honor to be had in spending nothing. No shame perhaps, but no honor either, nothing to brag about.  I haven't spent anything in many months, but I expect some 50% off token sales toward the end of the year, and that's when I'll chip in again, and then hoard my tokens for only meaninful purchases. The less I play (getting more that way), the less I'll spend, but as long as I receive value, I'll give appropriate value back. If you aren't getting value from the game, then definitely move on, life is too short to waste on valueless endeavors. Find something new, something engaging and important enough that you feel good about contributing. Your life will be better.