Speak about anything related to Asphalt 8!

Harry K

Veteran

Windows Phone

Re: New track (orbital loop)

Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:25 pm
Another possible future problem is it has a full 360° loop like Nevada so expect the cheating AIs in career mode.
Ex Asphalt player. Tune for the week - Catatonia - Road Rage - https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=U_bL0EqlDEk

CortoMaltz

Google Play (Android)

Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:34 pm
I've only played 3 races, noticed a few other players were leaving mid-race, i guess they were too frustrated. Yeah, not too impressed, not eyes friendly track but a welcomed new addition
Would you mind getting steadily frustrated, trolled and annoyed even if you spend $? Are you having that feeling of being tricked and devalued? No worries! Welcome to the Gameloft world!  ;D
no avatar

nks71

Veteran

Windows Phone

Greece

Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:03 am
Judging from the trailer, the new track is based on the "wow" factor, rather than the actual gameplay...
Transylvania was nice though, so it'll just be something different, I hope they don't follow that route for the next ones, if any!

fkw123

Google Play (Android)

Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:58 am
my impression for the cup is mehh...perhaps some more practice and better rewards next time,we player aim for
no avatar

JZO

Apple (iOS)

Fri Sep 20, 2019 3:14 am
audiorapture wrote:
It's not as bad as Citadel Clash (in my opinion) but it is confusing at a few parts. My I'm just getting too old.

hey leave citadel clash alone!
Racing name: The Silver 7.  

Myb R

Windows PC

Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:09 pm
audiorapture wrote:
It's not as bad as Citadel Clash (in my opinion) but it is confusing at a few parts. My I'm just getting too old.

Citadel Clash is one of my favourite tracks in the game.

Danger Mouse

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:09 am
I think it's terrible, at least on a small screen. It's far to difficult to make out the important details (er, like the edge of the track).

This is deliberate on their part of course... the last good tracks they created were the ones in Patagonia and even they have serious problems.

Tracks should be enjoyable to drive, even if they're difficult. This one is not.

CortoMaltz

Google Play (Android)

Sat Sep 21, 2019 11:25 am
Now all x4 new Orbital Loop tracks have been released to try in MP, and people seem to embrace the chance before new MP season starts. I purposefully played MP today for 2 hrs and was choosing only those x4 tracks, as many others did too, to my great likeness. The tracks do not seem complex at all, they're good, fresh addition to the game.
P. S. New fancy Terzo car at its' stock rank 1313 gets beaten by almost every other car at a track  ;)
Would you mind getting steadily frustrated, trolled and annoyed even if you spend $? Are you having that feeling of being tricked and devalued? No worries! Welcome to the Gameloft world!  ;D
no avatar

quailstorm

Veteran

Windows PC

Sat Sep 21, 2019 11:33 am
Danger Mouse wrote:
This is deliberate on their part of course... the last good tracks they created were the ones in Patagonia and even they have serious problems.

Exactly. Even Patagonia made me raise my eyebrows, but it turned out to be a usable, enjoyable track and it looks damn good for A8.
Münich, with the glitch bumps and poorly elevating spiral, the metro traffic, I never liked it. Worst track in A8.
Transylvania again looks amazing, but too narrow, especially in MP, you cannot see oncoming traffic many times, and flat ramp behind deadzone... Also the long curves. It is only good with specific cars, mostly long nitro duration. MP not really.
This new space map (couldn't drive on it yet), looks like a space Transylvania to me, again with the long curves.
Not a historic track for sure, last one was Patagonia.

I wonder if GL changed map designers, because new maps clearly changed paradigm.

ash1

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Sat Sep 21, 2019 2:42 pm
I'm no pro racer, but I love these tracks. I've just had the funnest 30 minutes playing a8 since I don't know when. My new favourite car/track combo: Biome + Moon! :) Seriously guys, try it. All those wide corners, you just cruise through them. Bloody wonderful ;D
Cars owned: 208
Racing name: Wuxifingerhold6