Speak about anything related to Asphalt 8!
no avatar

Spaunz

Google Play (Android)

Re: Blueprints leaving the game!

Sat Nov 02, 2019 8:18 pm
So this mean that only class S cards staying?  Now will there  be a higher chance to get epic/legendary  blueprints?

oldman65

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Sat Nov 02, 2019 9:44 pm
Spaunz wrote:
So this mean that only class S cards staying?  Now will there  be a higher chance to get epic/legendary  blueprints?

It means you will only get S class blueprints. There are common, rare and legendary S class BPs. So, the odds will not necessarily be better to get a rare or legendary card, but it does narrow the possible cars that you will see; so, you should have a better chance to get something you need if you were waiting on specific S class cars.
Car I most want added to A8:
       1991 MAZDA 787B
Moving to new forum: https://asphalt8.freeforums.net/

jmb26268

Apple (iOS)

Sun Nov 03, 2019 1:19 am
I'm glad to see this change. I really don't like the BP system. It was very difficult to get all of the blueprints needed. I feel bad for the people that have been saving up, but this was a good move overall. I don't understand why others are upset.

oldman65

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Sun Nov 03, 2019 3:02 am
I actually quite liked the blueprint system. It reminded me of my youth collecting baseball cards.

But the implementation was flawed. Many cars required far too many blueprints. They should have kept the required number of BPs at or below 20. But the had cars needing more than 100. That was nuts. Then they made them harder to obtain and tried charging inflated prices to obtain them. In the end it got to the point where folks were not collecting any cards and could not afford to buy them. The system had to go. It was just broken.
       1991 MAZDA 787B

Nive

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Sun Nov 03, 2019 11:52 am
oldman65 wrote:
Spaunz wrote:

It means you will only get S class blueprints. There are common, rare and legendary S class BPs. So, the odds will not necessarily be better to get a rare or legendary card, but it does narrow the possible cars that you will see; so, you should have a better chance to get something you need if you were waiting on specific S class cars.

This explanation is why this will always be hands-down the biggest **** move by Pepper.
I have no sympathy nor empathy for the verbal abuse he gets from other members.

1. The fact we have a higher chance of obtaining S-class BPs is great.
2. The fact that there is no BP rewarded in today's (Sunday) Division Cup is bad. It could be a foreshadowing.
3. Pepper should never have recommended everybody to open up their entire stockpile of BP during the first wave.

Everything is easier to say now in hindsight, and I have no regrets I opened up my 300+ boxes.
But dang if that's not the biggest **** move ever on his part when looking back at this thread; communicating such a vague and unreliable piece of info.

NoobDriver

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Sun Nov 03, 2019 1:13 pm
iIRC @pepper already apologized for giving incorrect information...
no avatar

VirtualBoyFreak

Google Play (Android)

Sun Nov 03, 2019 2:29 pm
Spaunz wrote:

I got a McLaren XP-5 (the standard S-class McLaren, I think it's called like that) BP today, so I think the odds raised simply because there are less BP's to achieve. I have 17/20 now. Let's see if I'm lucky getting it before it's removed...
no avatar

VirtualBoyFreak

Google Play (Android)

Sun Nov 03, 2019 2:31 pm
audiorapture wrote:
I have asked about the non-linear discount calculation, no response so far.

I don't think you'll get a reply. It's their economic strategy, I guess.

Alexatrom

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Sun Nov 03, 2019 6:45 pm
Not worth an alert: Did anybody notice no BP-box-reward in today’s Division Cup. No more BP. One day there’ll be car specific pro kit card-boxes as daily rewards!😉

oldman65

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Sun Nov 03, 2019 6:48 pm
Noticed that. No more BP boxes. The compact split boxes from daily ads will give common bps. But no rare or legendary. Dunno how folks will complete any cards before the next update.
       1991 MAZDA 787B