Speak about anything related to Asphalt 8!
User avatar

oldman65

Veteran

Apple (iOS)
Posts

4117

Re: Blueprints leaving the game!

Sun Nov 03, 2019 6:48 pm
Noticed that. No more BP boxes. The compact split boxes from daily ads will give common bps. But no rare or legendary. Dunno how folks will complete any cards before the next update.
Car I most want added to A8:
       1991 MAZDA 787B
no avatar

Varcour

Member

Windows PC
Posts

57

Re: Blueprints leaving the game!

Sun Nov 03, 2019 9:09 pm
Nive wrote:
oldman65 wrote:
Spaunz wrote:
So this mean that only class S cards staying?  Now will there  be a higher chance to get epic/legendary  blueprints?

It means you will only get S class blueprints. There are common, rare and legendary S class BPs. So, the odds will not necessarily be better to get a rare or legendary card, but it does narrow the possible cars that you will see; so, you should have a better chance to get something you need if you were waiting on specific S class cars.

This explanation is why this will always be hands-down the biggest **** move by Pepper.
I have no sympathy nor empathy for the verbal abuse he gets from other members.

1. The fact we have a higher chance of obtaining S-class BPs is great.
2. The fact that there is no BP rewarded in today's (Sunday) Division Cup is bad. It could be a foreshadowing.
3. Pepper should never have recommended everybody to open up their entire stockpile of BP during the first wave.

Everything is easier to say now in hindsight, and I have no regrets I opened up my 300+ boxes.
But dang if that's not the biggest **** move ever on his part when looking back at this thread; communicating such a vague and unreliable piece of info.
 


Imho, you have nobody to blame except yourself. I saw through this move when they started removing BP's. Why waste all those BP-boxes on D or C-class cars, when you can just a wait a bit until only the S-class cars were in play? I did expect them to pull another stunt to not let people take advantage of that, however. I'm only sorry I didn't collect BP-boxes before now.

In GL's place, I would have started with the S-class and moved down the ranks. But at least this way it provided a nice win for the ones who anticipated it. ;)
no avatar

nks71

Veteran

Windows Phone
Posts

2463

Location

Greece

Re: Blueprints leaving the game!

Sun Nov 03, 2019 9:48 pm
Varcour you're wrong.
Having a feeling about getting fooled by GL and acting as you did (which is a wise move) has nothing to do with false info coming from GL employees.
At least if they do not know something for sure they should just say "I don't know" and leave the decision to the players and the blame to the dev team or higher.
IMHO!
no avatar

Varcour

Member

Windows PC
Posts

57

Re: Blueprints leaving the game!

Sun Nov 03, 2019 11:21 pm
nks71 wrote:
Varcour you're wrong.
Having a feeling about getting fooled by GL and acting as you did (which is a wise move) has nothing to do with false info coming from GL employees.
At least if they do not know something for sure they should just say "I don't know" and leave the decision to the players and the blame to the dev team or higher.
IMHO!
 

The exact phrase pepper used was: "Our recommendation is that you open as many BP boxes as you can and get some cars before they are no longer at a discount."

That is not false information. It is not even a false recommendation. If you want to get some cars that got their BP status revoked in the first wave, their recommendation is correct: open up as many BP boxes you want/need.

After the first wave, if you wanted to get some cars that got their BP status revoked in the second wave, the recommendation is again correct: open up as many BP boxes you want/need.

It is not false information to not enlighten us with a strategy in which you do not open your BP boxes to save them up for future waves, you need to figure that stuff out yourself. The only thing you can say is that GL is giving us very limited information to base our actions upon, and I am frustrated by that as well. This time, my gamble worked out well. Other times... not so well.
no avatar

VirtualBoyFreak

Senior Member

Google Play (Android)
Posts

285

Re: Blueprints leaving the game!

Sun Nov 03, 2019 11:26 pm
Alexatrom wrote:
Not worth an alert: Did anybody notice no BP-box-reward in today’s Division Cup. No more BP. One day there’ll be car specific pro kit card-boxes as daily rewards!😉

Yeap, noticed it. I don't know how I'll get my 3 missing McLaren XP-5 BP's now... :-/
User avatar

CortoMaltz

Veteran

Google Play (Android)
Posts

725

Re: Blueprints leaving the game!

Sun Nov 03, 2019 11:35 pm
Alexatrom wrote:
Not worth an alert: Did anybody notice no BP-box-reward in today’s Division Cup. No more BP. One day there’ll be car specific pro kit card-boxes as daily rewards!😉

Very true. And not only the kit cards. Vehicles too. GL will decide they need to remove all those old, ancient, fully upgraded cars that are in the game since 2013, and up to Terzo festival. Yep, folks. Mark my words. A8 will only have Terzos, FXXs and similar.
Why create brand new racing game, when they can completely 'fix' A8!  ;D  They tried with A9, didn't they hahaha
#GameloftedToo. "We haven't finished sabotaging our own game as yet. Just wait and see." Brought to you by GL Inc. All rights reserved.
no avatar

nks71

Veteran

Windows Phone
Posts

2463

Location

Greece

Re: Blueprints leaving the game!

Sun Nov 03, 2019 11:36 pm
Varcour wrote:
nks71 wrote:
Varcour you're wrong.
Having a feeling about getting fooled by GL and acting as you did (which is a wise move) has nothing to do with false info coming from GL employees.
At least if they do not know something for sure they should just say "I don't know" and leave the decision to the players and the blame to the dev team or higher.
IMHO!
 

The exact phrase pepper used was: "Our recommendation is that you open as many BP boxes as you can and get some cars before they are no longer at a discount."

That is not false information. It is not even a false recommendation. If you want to get some cars that got their BP status revoked in the first wave, their recommendation is correct: open up as many BP boxes you want/need.

After the first wave, if you wanted to get some cars that got their BP status revoked in the second wave, the recommendation is again correct: open up as many BP boxes you want/need.

It is not false information to not enlighten us with a strategy in which you do not open your BP boxes to save them up for future waves, you need to figure that stuff out yourself. The only thing you can say is that GL is giving us very limited information to base our actions upon, and I am frustrated by that as well. This time, my gamble worked out well. Other times... not so well.

Cannot argue with that! :-D
User avatar

Nive

Veteran

Google Play (Android)
Posts

532

Re: Blueprints leaving the game!

Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:19 am
Varcour wrote:
Imho, you have nobody to blame except yourself. I saw through this move when they started removing BP's. Why waste all those BP-boxes on D or C-class cars, when you can just a wait a bit until only the S-class cars were in play? I did expect them to pull another stunt to not let people take advantage of that, however. I'm only sorry I didn't collect BP-boxes before now.

In GL's place, I would have started with the S-class and moved down the ranks. But at least this way it provided a nice win for the ones who anticipated it. ;)

.
You're missing the context. Because of vague wordings, there was confusion among us on whether GL was getting rid of some Blueprints or all Blueprints cars at the time and all BP cars will be on sale, and Pepper didn't have a solid answer and said that phrase you quoted. (except I could swear he said ALL, I remember this discussion was split between two threads at the time)

It's not a "you should open them if you want a higher chance of getting what you want" situation, it was a "you should open them and try get something otherwise they'll just become paper weight from now on" scenario at the time.

I'm not blaming because I'm not regretting. I'm not a car collector.
But it's a **** move which I will call out on. That is all.
no avatar

Varcour

Member

Windows PC
Posts

57

Re: Blueprints leaving the game!

Mon Nov 04, 2019 9:00 pm
Nive wrote:
Varcour wrote:
Imho, you have nobody to blame except yourself. I saw through this move when they started removing BP's. Why waste all those BP-boxes on D or C-class cars, when you can just a wait a bit until only the S-class cars were in play? I did expect them to pull another stunt to not let people take advantage of that, however. I'm only sorry I didn't collect BP-boxes before now.

In GL's place, I would have started with the S-class and moved down the ranks. But at least this way it provided a nice win for the ones who anticipated it. ;)

.
You're missing the context. Because of vague wordings, there was confusion among us on whether GL was getting rid of some Blueprints or all Blueprints cars at the time and all BP cars will be on sale, and Pepper didn't have a solid answer and said that phrase you quoted. (except I could swear he said ALL, I remember this discussion was split between two threads at the time)

It's not a "you should open them if you want a higher chance of getting what you want" situation, it was a "you should open them and try get something otherwise they'll just become paper weight from now on" scenario at the time.

I'm not blaming because I'm not regretting. I'm not a car collector.
But it's a **** move which I will call out on. That is all.
 


I think you are referring to this post? :D

viewtopic.php?f=1505&t=686189&p=3804043#p3804043

Pepper countered that... a week later... in another thread... ::)

viewtopic.php?f=1505&t=687789&p=3809661#p3809661
User avatar

Danger Mouse

Veteran

Google Play (Android)
Posts

2360

Re: Blueprints leaving the game!

Tue Nov 05, 2019 7:52 am
.
Ethical organisations are meant to help their customers, not use vague or unspecific language intended to trap their customers.

Anything less than clear instructions is a fail on ****loft's part.
Gameloft: No pride, no shame, no accountability, no care. Thanks for treating your customers with contempt.