Speak about anything related to Asphalt 8!

fkw123

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

this new change up is clearly to purposely drive whales to compete against each other with their greens instead .. unlike the old days anymore :(
no avatar

BT9

Veteran

Google Play TV (Android)

So taking the last Festival as example 65000 participants, only 100 got top reward with only 1 division.
This one would have 650 different divisions with 650 getting top reward. How is that worse?
Never underestimate another man's greed or obsession...

Racer name:  BTairborne

no avatar

Nat B.+

Windows PC

^^ Good point, BT9.

You see, discussions always pose a potential risk of sharing some valuable considerations/thoughts/observations etc.

Maybe that’s one of the reasons, why developers provide forums.

In fact, if you give it a second thought, it’s rather us, who are the source of information, than the developers. It takes us months to get information about the latest update, and it takes CMs only minutes to brief the developers about interesting developments on the forum.

Forums are about sharing information. That’s our value. Let ‘em enjoy our values too. Let us lead by example. What difference would it make if we criticized them for not respecting their values while disrespecting ours? They are closed, let us be open. Walking tall here will mostly derive disadvantages, but at least we’ll be walking tall.
Von zwei Narren hält der größere den kleineren für den größeren.
Emil Gött

Nive

Google Play (Android)

More Drako details for those that care:
First Cup is coins - Dragon Tree.
Second Cup is cards - Temple Drive.
Third Cup is cards - River Fort - Sbarro Sparta needed.
Fourth Cup is coins with 100-division groups - Satellite Rush.
Fifth Cup is cards - Test Site Omega.

BT9 wrote:
So taking the last Festival as example 65000 participants, only 100 got top reward with only 1 division.
This one would have 650 different divisions with 650 getting top reward. How is that worse?

That's a simplistic way of viewing it. Consider this:
- even casually playing without premium I've always been able to get in top ~4% on average. From the leaks I can see I'm only losing out 30-35 coin boxes this way.

- under this 100-division format, if I don't come in top 10, I'm missing out on 68 coin boxes this way if you count them. 

- this format entices players to spend. Instead of a "me vs the entire playerbase" mentality you now have "me vs 100 people". The average player would be much more likely to spend thinking they'll have much higher chances with a smaller competition.

- if you have multiple whales end up in the same group, AT LEAST one of them is gonna either not get full house or fill GL house with cash. There's no way they've already spent money and not wanna get all the rewards.

Really feels like its down's to luck on top of already feeling like its down to luck.
no avatar

quailstorm

Veteran

Windows PC

If they mix it with A9 Grand Prix's mathcmaking then it will be pure evil. Imagine whales vs. whales division.
no avatar

BT9

Veteran

Google Play TV (Android)

Nive wrote:
More Drako details for those that care:
First Cup is coins - Dragon Tree.
Second Cup is cards - Temple Drive.
Third Cup is cards - River Fort - Sbarro Sparta needed.
Fourth Cup is coins with 100-division groups - Satellite Rush.
Fifth Cup is cards - Test Site Omega.

BT9 wrote:

That's a simplistic way of viewing it. Consider this:
- even casually playing without premium I've always been able to get in top ~4% on average. From the leaks I can see I'm only losing out 30-35 coin boxes this way.

- under this 100-division format, if I don't come in top 10, I'm missing out on 68 coin boxes this way if you count them. 

- this format entices players to spend. Instead of a "me vs the entire playerbase" mentality you now have "me vs 100 people". The average player would be much more likely to spend thinking they'll have much higher chances with a smaller competition.

- if you have multiple whales end up in the same group, AT LEAST one of them is gonna either not get full house or fill GL house with cash. There's no way they've already spent money and not wanna get all the rewards.

Really feels like its down's to luck on top of already feeling like its down to luck.

A completely pessimistic viewpoint.
You look at the worst that could happen if you spent money, but there is also a best that could happen if you don't spend money.
Also, there seems to be only 100-200 whales..we could hit up to 600+ divisions based on previous festivals.  Potentially, divisions will be totally or 95% F2P players.  It seems only 5% or less even spend at all.   So I think most players will see better rewards from this by far.

no avatar

quailstorm

Veteran

Windows PC

We will see. But 1st A9 Grand Prix ended and GL just did what I told above. They rigged divisions by creating divisions based on best practice time (not considering upgraded cars after qualification ended). By this, they basically matchmaked pros with cheaters, whales with pros, and nabz with nabz.

All that so people will be forced to out upgrade others to have a chance to win.

Nive

Google Play (Android)

BT9 wrote:
A completely pessimistic viewpoint.
You look at the worst that could happen if you spent money, but there is also a best that could happen if you don't spend money.
Also, there seems to be only 100-200 whales..we could hit up to 600+ divisions based on previous festivals.  Potentially, divisions will be totally or 95% F2P players.  It seems only 5% or less even spend at all.   So I think most players will see better rewards from this by far.

You're completely naive if you think there's only 100-200 people that went premium in this festival.
But I won't argue further, that's in the past, the entire festival has once again changed since we made those predictions. "better rewards". Hah, as if rewards are better than in the past.
no avatar

BT9

Veteran

Google Play TV (Android)

:x

no avatar

Plscheckmyticket

Windows PC

Good that the rumours are false.