Speak about anything related to Asphalt 8!

ash1

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

@dart_driver, that's brilliant 😁😁
Cars owned: 220
Racing name: Wuxifingerhold6
A8 RIP
no avatar

BT9

Veteran

Google Play TV (Android)

Myb R wrote:
 I don't understand how can GL keep changing the status of cars that have been won or bought without any consideration to the owners. Is it even legal to do so???

Well this has been going on for some time now in the online game industry, at least 20 years but with that said..maybe only legal in this industry??
I had nearly all those cars affected and feel like a victim of a mad genius.  Just think, with that move they have suddenly made the rest of their product more valuable (from near worthless) and as long as they don't tweak these vehicles in the patch too much where they are at least still in the competition for 1st place those are still valuable too.  And they are still cranking out new ones that can be better, notice how the update vehicles aren't nerfed.  Those will be worth the most as new product should be right?  Damn.  Got me and nothing I can do about it.
Never underestimate another man's greed or obsession...

Racer name:  BTairborne

no avatar

VelvetLocust

Apple TV (iOS)

CortoMaltz wrote:
Everything is getting nerfed, cars, events, blueprints, elite tuning etc  :D

... even GLs revenue and profits ...
no avatar

BT9

Veteran

Google Play TV (Android)

Apparently GL's problems aren't with their top 5 games of which this one is part of see other thread..

Out with the old (players), in with the new? Seems to be the strategy here. I mean they couldn't have not known how unhappy their player base would be after this year. And my guess is most veterans spend nothing anymore or very very little. So that's like trimming the fat to them. My speculation for the day.

no avatar

VelvetLocust

Apple TV (iOS)

BT9 wrote:
Apparently GL's problems aren't with their top 5 games of which this one is part of see other thread..

Out with the old (players), in with the new? Seems to be the strategy here. I mean they couldn't have not known how unhappy their player base would be after this year. And my guess is most veterans spend nothing anymore or very very little. So that's like trimming the fat to them. My speculation for the day.

how on earth do you arrive at that conclusion? GLs problem is 1) their business model, which is ailing, and 2) execution which is less than impressive.
just because they mention the top 5 games for revenue don’t mean the revenue is good enough. If it were, they wouldn’t lose an increasing number of millions each quarter.
no avatar

BT9

Veteran

Google Play TV (Android)

Because according to a report the top 5 games are gaining revenue not losing it.

audiorapture

MVP

Apple (iOS)

IOS

Myb R wrote:
BT9 wrote:
apparently I was right (and more than I thought would be nerfed) according to:

https://asphalt.fandom.com/wiki/2019_Ha ... atch_Notes)

The part that boils my blood the most in the link that you provided is as in the screenshot. I don't understand how can GL keep changing the status of cars that have been won or bought without any consideration to the owners. Is it even legal to do so???

According to the fine print it is. AFAIK this has not been challenged legally. Until then, game publishers can change stats of their virtual items with or without notice at anytime, no matter whether you paid real money for any of it. That's what the label "entertainment" allows them to do.
Contact Customer Care to get a ticket ID: viewtopic.php?f=1908&t=699439
IOS friending requires Facebook, send me a private message to link up
Playing A8 since Feb 22, 2016. Own 262 vehicles. Total Play Time: 82d 9h. The FLU ate my other stats.
Support Info: IOS, Player ID 6hde | Signature Update: Apr 16, 2020
"Blogging is not writing. It's graffiti with punctuation."
no avatar

BT9

Veteran

Google Play TV (Android)

The KTM Xbow looks like the speed, quickness and handling of an RX-8 mixed with the nitro efficiency of a Dezir. Basically.
The ID. R we know nothing so far but in real life they are as quick off the line as an F1 car but have a relatively low top speed. I can see this filling a hole in the high 1300s to low 1400's and ruling these ranks in MP as a low C class King.

Nive

Google Play (Android)

BT9 wrote:
The KTM Xbow looks like the speed, quickness and handling of an RX-8 mixed with the nitro efficiency of a Dezir. Basically.

You just described a Donkervort. Except DD8 is a teeny faster with teeny better nitro. KTM could be fun if it has very good aceleration.

no avatar

BT9

Veteran

Google Play TV (Android)

Yeah maybe but Donker looks quicker and faster to me, but more sensitive on the steering (which I hate).