Speak about anything related to Asphalt 8!
no avatar

notanewbie

Apple (iOS)

Re: Engine Drop Rates

Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:42 pm
Right now I can’t open any boxes because of a ‘server error.’ Not that I have enough to run this experiment, anyway.

JakeP

Veteran

Windows PC

Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:46 pm
I have some free time so I propose to GL that it gives me a developer's account and then I will run the "experiment" for them multiple times, I will make a neat and very beautiful Excel sheet with the results. It is like working as a beta tester for free for GL since it seems they are lacking beta testers since 2013.
 May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house.

Ima Tankk

Apple (iOS)

Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:15 pm
@ar I respect what you are doing, however like 5he others I don’t have inventory space to help, as I said my results will just confirm what I don’t need, so if I get loads of V8’s and others that need them don’t, add them all together & it will be pretty even. Because there are currently no events running requiring a particular engine, Maybe run this survey during the next event looking at drop rates for particular parts, it may produce better results.
Addition - during the Aston event people said they couldn’t get B drivetrain, I was not pro-ing my ride & had 15 sticks in stock, I got more drivetrain from boxes than anything else!
Is that not evidence enough that drop rate is linked to individual need?
198 vehicles
Maxed 134 - Pro 138 - Max/Pro 126 (includes crappy bikes)
no avatar

Aston Mutley

Windows Phone

Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:50 pm
JakeP wrote:
I have some free time so I propose to GL that it gives me a developer's account and then I will run the "experiment" for them multiple times, I will make a neat and very beautiful Excel sheet with the results. It is like working as a beta tester for free for GL since it seems they are lacking beta testers since 2013.

I'm sure Pepper stated he has his own account, and a tester, practice or Developers account as well!? So if he has this, then he can do some drop rate tests himself!?
I have a nice balance of cards at the moment, so I'm not going to cattle truck my inventory for anyone!!

Harry K

Veteran

Windows Phone

Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:04 pm
Here's an idea. Why doesn't Pepper get CC to gift everyone here 25 engine boxes and we can report the results and our starting count. ;)
Ex Asphalt player.

JakeP

Veteran

Windows PC

Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:08 pm
Aston Mutley wrote:
JakeP wrote:

I'm sure Pepper stated he has his own account, and a tester, practice or Developers account as well!? So if he has this, then he can do some drop rate tests himself!?
I have a nice balance of cards at the moment, so I'm not going to cattle truck my inventory for anyone!!

The problem with a developer's account is that somewhere in the box random code there is a conditional statement that says:
IF (This_Account == Developers_Account) THEN Make_Random_Random() ELSE Screw_The_Player()
 May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house.
no avatar

notanewbie

Apple (iOS)

Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:09 pm
Good idea, Harry! Only fair. It’s incredible how noobish and mute the CMs are. They know nothing about the game, aren’t given any info from devs, and are gagged from saying anything else. They’re just paid forum mods and they don’t even have to do that b/c there are actual mods like audiorapture who spend far more time on the forums than Gl’s own employees.

btw, I have a bugged box so I can’t open anything else.
Attachments
973B9115-19A5-40F6-A877-55F31308EEE7.jpeg
973B9115-19A5-40F6-A877-55F31308EEE7.jpeg (343.71 KiB) Viewed 134 times

-Cracker-

Apple (iOS)

Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:05 pm
We all know, the drop rate of engines is off.

I thought I could finally pro all my cars...but ofc this is not the case, because this  game allows me not to get the right engines. I will just spend 5k tokens and buy the remaining FIV8 engines I need.

Me.

Veteran

Windows PC

Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:08 pm
^^^

Hey mate, long time no see - Glad to see you're still around  :)
...just wondering why you created a new account?

Danger Mouse

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:35 pm
Again, if drop-rates aren't rigged where are all the MPIV12's and i3's?

The answer to that question will provide more insight that a hundred people opening a hundred boxes.

Hammer on that one and don't relent.