Speak about anything related to Asphalt 8!

ash1

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Re: Engine Drop Rates

Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:42 pm
Still sounds fishy to me. I mean, how representative is 3 or 4 replies to this thread going to be?! Talk about a meaningless exercise...

The recent drop rate of B parts for the Aston Rnd was fixed pretty pronto. I'd say they're more in control than they want to let on.
Cars owned: 205
Racing name: Wuxifingerhold6

JakeP

Veteran

Windows PC

Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:49 pm
@Harry K - you underestimate how capable GL is.

@ash1 - I agree with you. GL has full control, and they play with us, period.
 May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house.

Danger Mouse

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:37 pm
Actually if the CM's would spend their time answering questions in threads rather than conceiving some contrived activity to distract us that would be time better spent.

Marginal drop-rates are irrelevant in the new scheme of pro card requirements. If I need a million of something it makes no difference whether I get 100 or 1000, I'm still orders of magnitude away from where I need to be.

JakeP

Veteran

Windows PC

Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:51 pm
Danger Mouse wrote:
Marginal drop-rates are irrelevant in the new scheme of pro card requirements. If I need a million of something it makes no difference whether I get 100 or 1000, I'm still orders of magnitude away from where I need to be.

I came to realize this sad but true fact. I have tens of thousands of cards to open, but the number of cards now required to PRO the new cars (Ford 2017, around 450) is so disgusting and mindblowing that it doesn't matter that I could find them in my boxes because, due to the limitation of space in our inventory, the poor odds to find the cards in general, and cumbersome process of getting rid of cards you don't want, it is so much of a pain in the ARSE to get the cards that it is better just to buy them sometimes. GL knows this, made it this way now by design.
 May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house.

Me.

Veteran

Windows PC

Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:11 pm
audiorapture wrote:
JakeP wrote:
I am sorry to say this, but this is ridiculous.
If GL needs to know the odds they are using, they need just to look at the server.
They defined them, they know them, why ask us to "test" their numbers?
Can't they run some tests themselves, like any normal software company?
They have developer's accounts that can do anything they want.

Well, it's not /quite/ what you assume - I told Pepper the probabilities are off, he doesn't believe it and said prove it. Thus my request to the community.

Personally I couldn't care less who or what Pepper chooses to believe. but Jake is correct, it's ridiculous, beyond ridiculous in my book and I'm NOT sorry to say it.

Igor Polski

Veteran

Windows PC

Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:18 am
Why does GL need proof to know what GL is doing? It's been common knowledge for quite a while that if you need a certain engine or part that it's much less likely you'll get one.

Danger Mouse

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:41 am
Actually yes, let's turn this around and make Gameloft do their job.

"...I told Pepper the probabilities are off, he doesn't believe it and said prove it. Thus my request to the community."

Now, that translates directly to:

"...I told Pepper the probabilities are off, GAMELOFT doesn't believe it and said prove it. Thus my request to the community."

So, rather than accepting Gameloft saying "we don't believe our customers" we should say "show us why we must be wrong" and the way to do that is to describe exactly how drop-rates work. If Gameloft tell us publicly:
  1. You have as much chance of getting one legandary engine as any other legendary engine (replace legendary with rare and common also).
  2. You have as much chance of getting a B drivetrain card as you do getting a B suspension card (replace x with y as required).
  3. We don't check you inventory before we determine which cards you get
  4. The selection of cards is truly random whilst maintaining the distribution % we publish
  5. We never manipulate the drop rate of cards based on real or perceived need (e.g. during events)
If they can say all that then we (customers) are obviously wrong and there's nothing going on. If that's all true then there's no harm in saying it, in fact it will be to Gameloft's advantage. Now, on the other hand, if they're NOT prepared to say all that then we are left to assume that we can't reply on drop-rates being honest so there's no point in us counting cards.

Or perhaps just ask Pepper where all those V12 MPI's and I3's are? Surely those two engines immeadiatly prove our point? Drop-rates are rigged... it's not our place to prove that, it's prima facie, what Gameloft need to do is prove they're being honest.

@Pepper: you have been royally conned (lied to) by your employer if you believe we're wrong... or you're lying to us... :(

Neilson

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:10 am
@ Audiorapture. Is this to help u prove a point &  show GL that there is a problem ! We know punkloft / Trickloft has been messing up for a while now . That's a fact, but U are one of us so I got no problem helping U out , I just need to fuse some cards to free up some space & I will open some boxes & post what I got ! If u dont care & this isn't to help U I'm not gonna worry bout it ! But if it will help U I will . I'm retarded so it will take me a while 😁
no avatar

Dex1

Expert Racer

Windows PC

Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:20 am
Here is one video i just made. It is not with required criteria but it can give a clue.
I havily fused f6,f12,v10 to go below 10 of this engines and fused high number (but still remain high) of hidrogen ;D and electric engines, then opened ace MP box and you can gues what was inside, the same engines i fused even some in inventory are in small numbers.
So, imho, what you fuse obviously you dont need and that you will get back when opening cards.
https://youtu.be/M1rI5Sn4-14

I should take all on video, it wasnt my intention to record at all but when i see what i got from ace box (same fused engines) then decided to record what i can.

Try now.

Neilson

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:26 am
@ Dex check the vid u made I can't watch it says error ! It might be my device ?