Speak about anything related to Asphalt 8!
User avatar

audiorapture

MVP

Apple (iOS)
Posts

5097

Location

IOS

Engine Drop Rates

Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:11 pm
Hello, Pepper asked me to collect more evidence that the drop rates for engines are off, similar to the B-parts recently.

Here are the rules:
1) *only* open boxes that are random engine-only (i.e. no boxes that grant parts/tech/engine)
2) open at least 25 cards, the more at a time the better (e.g. if you have 50 single engine boxes, open them at once, not one at a time)
3) Count the type and amount of boxes, and the amount of each engine you get
4) Post your platform and the result here

Example (NOT real life):
IOS
24 1-engine boxes
3 3-engine boxes
1 15-engine box
24+(3*3)+15 = 48 cards

Common (30 cards):
i3 - 3
i4 - 6
i5 - 4
V6 - 9
V8 - 8

Rare (12):
E - 5
H - 5
HW - 0
SR - 2

Legendary (6):
CR - 2
FiV8 - 1
V10 - 2
V12 - 1

Thanks!
IOS friending requires Facebook, send me a private message to link up
Playing A8 since Feb 22, 2016. Own 252 vehicles. Total Play Time: 79d 10h. The FLU ate my other stats.
Support Info: IOS, Player ID 6hde | Signature Update: Jan 15, 2020
User avatar

JakeP

Veteran

Windows PC
Posts

1773

Re: Engine Drop Rates

Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:28 pm
I am sorry to say this, but this is ridiculous.
If GL needs to know the odds they are using, they need just to look at the server.
They defined them, they know them, why ask us to "test" their numbers?
Can't they run some tests themselves, like any normal software company?
They have developer's accounts that can do anything they want.
 May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house.
Image
User avatar

oldman65

Veteran

Apple (iOS)
Posts

2364

Re: Engine Drop Rates

Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:29 pm
OK, I’m game, here’s my contribution:

iOS
21 - 1-engine boxes
3 - 2-engine boxes
1 - 3-engine box
2 - 5-engine boxes

40 - engines

Common (17)
i4 - 4
V6 - 8
V8 - 2
i5 - 3

Rare (8)
Electric - 1
High Grade - 2
Hybrid - 4
Serial Racing - 1

Legendary (15)
Exceptional - 2
Custom Racing - 1
i6 - 1
FiV8 - 1
V10 - 3
V12 - 1
F12 - 1
V16 - 3
W16 - 2

Let me know if I’m missing something...
Car I most want added to A8:
       1991 MAZDA 787B
User avatar

audiorapture

MVP

Apple (iOS)
Posts

5097

Location

IOS

Re: Engine Drop Rates

Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:02 pm
JakeP wrote:
I am sorry to say this, but this is ridiculous.
If GL needs to know the odds they are using, they need just to look at the server.
They defined them, they know them, why ask us to "test" their numbers?
Can't they run some tests themselves, like any normal software company?
They have developer's accounts that can do anything they want.

Well, it's not /quite/ what you assume - I told Pepper the probabilities are off, he doesn't believe it and said prove it. Thus my request to the community.
IOS friending requires Facebook, send me a private message to link up
Playing A8 since Feb 22, 2016. Own 252 vehicles. Total Play Time: 79d 10h. The FLU ate my other stats.
Support Info: IOS, Player ID 6hde | Signature Update: Jan 15, 2020
User avatar

ash1

Veteran

Google Play (Android)
Posts

3075

Re: Engine Drop Rates

Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:38 pm
audiorapture wrote:
JakeP wrote:
I am sorry to say this, but this is ridiculous.
If GL needs to know the odds they are using, they need just to look at the server.
They defined them, they know them, why ask us to "test" their numbers?
Can't they run some tests themselves, like any normal software company?
They have developer's accounts that can do anything they want.

Well, it's not /quite/ what you assume - I told Pepper the probabilities are off, he doesn't believe it and said prove it. Thus my request to the community.


Sorry AR, but can you not see how bizarre this is? Jake is quite right, GL set the odds. And now they're pretending via one of their employees that they don't. If Pepper "doesn't believe" that the drop rate is dodgy, why doesn't he ask GL instead of us?
Cars owned: 220
Racing name: Wuxifingerhold6
A8 RIP
User avatar

audiorapture

MVP

Apple (iOS)
Posts

5097

Location

IOS

Re: Engine Drop Rates

Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:48 pm
ash1 wrote:
audiorapture wrote:
JakeP wrote:
I am sorry to say this, but this is ridiculous.
If GL needs to know the odds they are using, they need just to look at the server.
They defined them, they know them, why ask us to "test" their numbers?
Can't they run some tests themselves, like any normal software company?
They have developer's accounts that can do anything they want.

Well, it's not /quite/ what you assume - I told Pepper the probabilities are off, he doesn't believe it and said prove it. Thus my request to the community.


Sorry AR, but can you not see how bizarre this is? Jake is quite right, GL set the odds. And now they're pretending via one of their employees that they don't. If Pepper "doesn't believe" that the drop rate is dodgy, why doesn't he ask GL instead of us?

If I had to guess, I would think that GL is just as opaque internally as they are externally. Yes, quite bizarre, but that's what it seems to be. Take it or leave it.
IOS friending requires Facebook, send me a private message to link up
Playing A8 since Feb 22, 2016. Own 252 vehicles. Total Play Time: 79d 10h. The FLU ate my other stats.
Support Info: IOS, Player ID 6hde | Signature Update: Jan 15, 2020
User avatar

Harry K

Veteran

Windows Phone
Posts

2866

Re: Engine Drop Rates

Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:50 pm
JakeP wrote:
I am sorry to say this, but this is ridiculous.
If GL needs to know the odds they are using, they need just to look at the server.
They defined them, they know them, why ask us to "test" their numbers?
Can't they run some tests themselves, like any normal software company?
They have developer's accounts that can do anything they want.


Agreed Jake but it's not as simple as you say, and said in another thread. If you open a general engine box the maths will be easy to find within the code. For a specific engine x% per class then devide that by x% per engine. But spattered all over the code are variables. How many does a player have in stock, is there an event on that needs that engine, are they on offer for tokens etc. Veteran players know these variables effect drop rate. But the devs can't get their head around the more complex maths or code.

The fact they don't believe thousands of players in multiple forums is unbelievable, so to say. If they try to fix it Dog knows what will happen.
Ex Asphalt player. Advice for Newbies & dsdicated to GL - the Stranglers- Walk on By - https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jqfqVDHNW6c
User avatar

ash1

Veteran

Google Play (Android)
Posts

3075

Re: Engine Drop Rates

Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:59 pm
Harry K wrote:
But the devs can't get their head around the more complex maths or code...
The fact they don't believe thousands of players in multiple forums is unbelievable, so to say. If they try to fix it Dog knows what will happen.


Harry, I know nothing about either programing or game development, but are you really saying the devs aren't in complete control of drop rates? You're painting a picture of a code leviathon that no-one's master of. Really??
Cars owned: 220
Racing name: Wuxifingerhold6
A8 RIP
User avatar

Harry K

Veteran

Windows Phone
Posts

2866

Re: Engine Drop Rates

Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:25 pm
ash1 wrote:
Harry K wrote:
But the devs can't get their head around the more complex maths or code...
The fact they don't believe thousands of players in multiple forums is unbelievable, so to say. If they try to fix it Dog knows what will happen.


Harry, I know nothing about either programing or game development, but are you really saying the devs aren't in complete control of drop rates? You're painting a picture of a code leviathon that no-one's master of. Really??


Yes. The code structure for A8 is mostly legacy software for most of it's current developers judging by GLs staff turnover rate (and most of the gaming industry). The current devs won't want to touch the core programme and every time they do they break something. Think how many times they introduced quick replay and failed. Then left it in with the AI & sound bugs. Drop rates will vary from player to player so getting an average is a huge task because the variables are all added on pieces of code (objects). That's why they want players to do the work for them.
Ex Asphalt player. Advice for Newbies & dsdicated to GL - the Stranglers- Walk on By - https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jqfqVDHNW6c
User avatar

ash1

Veteran

Google Play (Android)
Posts

3075

Re: Engine Drop Rates

Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:42 pm
Still sounds fishy to me. I mean, how representative is 3 or 4 replies to this thread going to be?! Talk about a meaningless exercise...

The recent drop rate of B parts for the Aston Rnd was fixed pretty pronto. I'd say they're more in control than they want to let on.
Cars owned: 220
Racing name: Wuxifingerhold6
A8 RIP