Speak about anything related to Asphalt 8!

audiorapture

MVP

Apple (iOS)

IOS

Engine Drop Rates

Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:11 pm
Hello, Pepper asked me to collect more evidence that the drop rates for engines are off, similar to the B-parts recently.

Here are the rules:
1) *only* open boxes that are random engine-only (i.e. no boxes that grant parts/tech/engine)
2) open at least 25 cards, the more at a time the better (e.g. if you have 50 single engine boxes, open them at once, not one at a time)
3) Count the type and amount of boxes, and the amount of each engine you get
4) Post your platform and the result here

Example (NOT real life):
IOS
24 1-engine boxes
3 3-engine boxes
1 15-engine box
24+(3*3)+15 = 48 cards

Common (30 cards):
i3 - 3
i4 - 6
i5 - 4
V6 - 9
V8 - 8

Rare (12):
E - 5
H - 5
HW - 0
SR - 2

Legendary (6):
CR - 2
FiV8 - 1
V10 - 2
V12 - 1

Thanks!
IOS friending requires Facebook, send me a private message to link up
The FLU ate my stats.
Support Info: IOS, Player ID 6hde | Signature Update: May 29, 2019

JakeP

Veteran

Windows PC

Re: Engine Drop Rates

Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:28 pm
I am sorry to say this, but this is ridiculous.
If GL needs to know the odds they are using, they need just to look at the server.
They defined them, they know them, why ask us to "test" their numbers?
Can't they run some tests themselves, like any normal software company?
They have developer's accounts that can do anything they want.
 May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house.
no avatar

oldman65

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:29 pm
OK, I’m game, here’s my contribution:

iOS
21 - 1-engine boxes
3 - 2-engine boxes
1 - 3-engine box
2 - 5-engine boxes

40 - engines

Common (17)
i4 - 4
V6 - 8
V8 - 2
i5 - 3

Rare (8)
Electric - 1
High Grade - 2
Hybrid - 4
Serial Racing - 1

Legendary (15)
Exceptional - 2
Custom Racing - 1
i6 - 1
FiV8 - 1
V10 - 3
V12 - 1
F12 - 1
V16 - 3
W16 - 2

Let me know if I’m missing something...

audiorapture

MVP

Apple (iOS)

IOS

Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:02 pm
JakeP wrote:
If GL needs to know the odds they are using, they need just to look at the server.

Well, it's not /quite/ what you assume - I told Pepper the probabilities are off, he doesn't believe it and said prove it. Thus my request to the community.
The FLU ate my stats.

Km4r0nFire01

Veteran

Windows PC

Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:15 pm
when ford RnD came I opened few hundreds boxes of everything, I mostly noticed AT are like diamond

the most important thing I noticed is what ever I opened, drop rate was 30-50% of initial and early tech. I get so much disgusted that I did not participate to ford RnD and took a break with the game.

I hate so much GL that sometimes I have to be distant with this game they destroy as they can

will keep data if I open boxes from now np

ash1

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:38 pm
audiorapture wrote:
JakeP wrote:

Well, it's not /quite/ what you assume - I told Pepper the probabilities are off, he doesn't believe it and said prove it. Thus my request to the community.

Sorry AR, but can you not see how bizarre this is? Jake is quite right, GL set the odds. And now they're pretending via one of their employees that they don't. If Pepper "doesn't believe" that the drop rate is dodgy, why doesn't he ask GL instead of us?
Cars owned: 205
Racing name: Wuxifingerhold6

audiorapture

MVP

Apple (iOS)

IOS

Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:48 pm
ash1 wrote:
audiorapture wrote:
JakeP wrote:

Sorry AR, but can you not see how bizarre this is? Jake is quite right, GL set the odds. And now they're pretending via one of their employees that they don't. If Pepper "doesn't believe" that the drop rate is dodgy, why doesn't he ask GL instead of us?

If I had to guess, I would think that GL is just as opaque internally as they are externally. Yes, quite bizarre, but that's what it seems to be. Take it or leave it.
The FLU ate my stats.

Harry K

Veteran

Windows Phone

Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:50 pm
JakeP wrote:

Agreed Jake but it's not as simple as you say, and said in another thread. If you open a general engine box the maths will be easy to find within the code. For a specific engine x% per class then devide that by x% per engine. But spattered all over the code are variables. How many does a player have in stock, is there an event on that needs that engine, are they on offer for tokens etc. Veteran players know these variables effect drop rate. But the devs can't get their head around the more complex maths or code.

The fact they don't believe thousands of players in multiple forums is unbelievable, so to say. If they try to fix it Dog knows what will happen.
Ex Asphalt player. Tune for the day - The Toy Dolls, I'm Gonna Be 500 Miles. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5kFmWts8xD4

ash1

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:59 pm
Harry K wrote:
But the devs can't get their head around the more complex maths or code...
The fact they don't believe thousands of players in multiple forums is unbelievable, so to say. If they try to fix it Dog knows what will happen.

Harry, I know nothing about either programing or game development, but are you really saying the devs aren't in complete control of drop rates? You're painting a picture of a code leviathon that no-one's master of. Really??
Cars owned: 205
Racing name: Wuxifingerhold6

Harry K

Veteran

Windows Phone

Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:25 pm
ash1 wrote:
Harry K wrote:
But the devs can't get their head around the more complex maths or code...

Harry, I know nothing about either programing or game development, but are you really saying the devs aren't in complete control of drop rates? You're painting a picture of a code leviathon that no-one's master of. Really??

Yes. The code structure for A8 is mostly legacy software for most of it's current developers judging by GLs staff turnover rate (and most of the gaming industry). The current devs won't want to touch the core programme and every time they do they break something. Think how many times they introduced quick replay and failed. Then left it in with the AI & sound bugs. Drop rates will vary from player to player so getting an average is a huge task because the variables are all added on pieces of code (objects). That's why they want players to do the work for them.
Ex Asphalt player. Tune for the day - The Toy Dolls, I'm Gonna Be 500 Miles. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5kFmWts8xD4