Speak about anything related to Asphalt 8!

Ima Tankk

Apple (iOS)

Re: Showdown Single-Player Cup

Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:55 am
Best I have so far is 7th, once & 8th 3 times, got out in front most races before barrage of hits, car is not highly tuned but crazy that AI’s are in such control. Cynic in me thinks GL are testing their control of the AI cars to think for themselves, maybe they are modelled on the cheaters races?
198 vehicles
Maxed 134 - Pro 138 - Max/Pro 126 (includes crappy bikes)

JakeP

Veteran

Windows PC

Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:34 pm
twentyeggs wrote:
The single player show down mode is the worst idea I have ever seen in the TLE. So you are giving out rewards to the person that is the luckiest? 

Yes.
 May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house.
no avatar

oldman65

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Wed Jul 17, 2019 3:26 pm
Showdown mode is like what the computer in the 1983 movie “WarGames” figured out....

“The only way to win is not to play.”
no avatar

null

Veteran

Windows PC

Wed Jul 17, 2019 3:33 pm
JakeP wrote:
twentyeggs wrote:
The single player show down mode is the worst idea I have ever seen in the TLE. So you are giving out rewards to the person that is the luckiest? 

Yes.

Actually they're giving out rewards to those who can cheat the best but that's been standard operating procedure for years.

Igor Polski

Veteran

Windows PC

Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:04 pm
oldman65 wrote:
Showdown mode is like what the computer in the 1983 movie “WarGames” figured out....

“The only way to win is not to play.”

I think you may be right. 

By the way, fun movie to watch if anyone here hasn't seen it.

JakeP

Veteran

Windows PC

Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:39 pm
null wrote:
JakeP wrote:
twentyeggs wrote:

Yes.

Actually they're giving out rewards to those who can cheat the best but that's been standard operating procedure for years.

Yes, but there are eventual exceptions...
When I first played this TLE, I got so many strikes from the AIs that I could not even finish first. Tried a few more times, got my first place but always with at least 3-4 strikes so I was top 500. Yesterday, I tried again, once. Got a Shield right at the start which saved me from the first AI strike, then no more AI strikes until I could finish the race unscathed, which I did with another Shield that was never needed. Unfortunately I never got a Hyperboost but still made me top 10.
 May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house.
no avatar

null

Veteran

Windows PC

Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:27 pm
JakeP wrote:

Yes, but there are eventual exceptions...
When I first played this TLE, I got so many strikes from the AIs that I could not even finish first. Tried a few more times, got my first place but always with at least 3-4 strikes so I was top 500. Yesterday, I tried again, once. Got a Shield right at the start which saved me from the first AI strike, then no more AI strikes until I could finish the race unscathed, which I did with another Shield that was never needed. Unfortunately I never got a Hyperboost but still made me top 10.

It doesn't change the fact that I'd bet 90% of those in the top 50 or even 100 are cheaters.   Gameloft created a whole mode of play where a hack that's been around for literally years can defeat every single strike.    They don't give any more of a chit now about the cheaters than they ever have.