Speak about anything related to Asphalt 8!

duke nuke em

Windows PC

USA

Class D rebalancing,make me laugh

Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:09 pm
By now I bet forum members have figured out there is only one car to MP race in the 1300 range and yes its a class D.The rebalance is such a joke,GL has shot themselves in the foot once again.I am still fishing the 1400 and 1500 range but I'll wait until next season at this point to salvage a good finish.Can I ask for suggestions?Best regards!
Insanity is doing the same thing over and over with the same result.

Igor Polski

Veteran

Windows PC

Re: Class D rebalancing,make me laugh

Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:59 pm
I've had good results with the C-Class 370Z SE at max/pro (1537) but I've only run it about ten times. Haven't really tried many other cars since the rebalancing.
no avatar

BT9

Veteran

Google Play TV (Android)

Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:15 pm
I'm sure I did around 150 races this season in this range.
There are many cars that can win in the 1400s and 1500s depending on your match up, but you can't win against AR8SE's risking or not doesn't matter. Higher in points you get the more often you will see them too and if you are the next best car be prepared to get KD'ed and not even place.
That being said - Torqs, Trezors, 370Z SEs, Biomes, MP 4/8s, H2 Speeds, RX8SEs, M14As, Evoques and even Riviera's are all pretty good 2nd tier cars in this range. I'm sure I missed a couple because it's stacked with competition.
Never underestimate another man's greed or obsession...

Mr. Mysterious Spyman

Windows PC

Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:14 am
The Porsche 959 has been nerfed drastically. It's now only slightly better than the Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X. The Ford F-150 has also been somewhat nerfed due to its relatively high rank now, but it has received improved nitro efficiency, which makes it a decent rival for the Renault DeZir at lower ranks. All of the Elite cars have been buffed speed-wise and motorcycles are still half-decent. However, the lower-ranked motorcycles will usually lose to the Renault DeZir. Meanwhile, the Elite vehicles now have much higher ranks to match their higher speed, making them quite mediocre.

Overall, the only notably great car for Multiplayer in Class D is the Renault DeZir, which is still significantly faster than most other vehicles of a similar rank. However, the DeZir cannot compete with vehicles upwards of the Mazda 6. This means that most vehicles upwards of the Mazda 6 have an equal fighting chance in comparison to the rest of the vehicles in that rank range. Of course, the best ones by a small margin are the quick-accelerating Donkervoort D8 GTO and the Ariel Atom V8, as long as you are lucky enough not to run into the Mazda RX-8 or the Hyundai i30 N.

Another very strong vehicle at lower ranks is the Range Rover Evoque Coupe HSE Dynamic, which has retained its disproportionately high top speed in comparison to its rank. The Evoque makes easy work of most high-end Class D cars but it still requires some skill to drive. The Evoque is vulnerable to knockdowns at the beginnings of races due to its mediocre acceleration.

Higher up from the Evoque, the Audi R8 e-tron Special Edition becomes a bigger threat. It is the best vehicle from these ranks all the way up to the ranks 1670 to 1740. The lowest-ranked vehicle which can consistently rival the Audi R8 e-tron Special Edition is the TVR Sagaris Special Edition, which is able to be matched against the AR8SE at the ranks 1670 to 1740.

Aside from the AR8SE, which is still in dire need of a nerf, the best vehicles for Multiplayer at higher ranks are the following:
1. ~1500 --- ED Design Torq and Renault Trezor (good acceleration and nitro efficiency)
2. 1537 --- Nissan 370Z Special Edition (due to its very large Tuning Kit bonus, it has a great speed-to-rank efficiency)
3. 1557 --- Mercedes-Benz Biome (due to its great handling, the Biome is slightly better than its competitors)
4. 1560+ --- McLaren MP4/8 (due to its great acceleration and nitro efficiency, the MP4/8 fills in the gaps left behind by the AR8SE)
5. ~1670 --- Mazda RX8 Special Edition (it will usually lose to the AR8SE, but it puts up a decent fight)
Racing through life... 
no avatar

BT9

Veteran

Google Play TV (Android)

Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:39 pm
Mostly agree Spyman but have you seen any Max Pro 959s this season to see how they do?  I have not and am thinking of trying it.  I think  this is possibly its best shot now but with needing I think 40 engines now tough to do.
Also, I see AR8SE's beating everything on the list all the way down to the low 1000's ranks being equal.  With some MM help you might be able to beat some if you have a 30+ rank difference on them  (by geting ahead at the start and stealing all the nitros).  The only car that might have a chance at beating one in an equal rank race is a Max Pro Dezir but even then I highly doubt that is happening.   I did not race too many times with mine to find out because the race always went to the triple boosters.
Never underestimate another man's greed or obsession...

duke nuke em

Windows PC

USA

Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:54 pm
Thanks guys,I to have found the Renault DeZir to be the 1288 machine,best if run triple boosted.Either due to Windows10 or hacks,often it is out run by other DeZir's.I had been racing the Mazda 6,959,and even the Honda 2000 with success until the flood of Renault's.Being an old timer many of my cars are maxed out beyond use,like 4-8 for example.Still searching for the right machine in the 1400 and 1500 range,thanks for the input and help.
Insanity is doing the same thing over and over with the same result.

CortoMaltz

Google Play (Android)

Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:43 am
duke nuke em wrote:
Thanks guys,I to have found the Renault DeZir to be the 1288 machine,best if run triple boosted.Either due to Windows10 or hacks,often it is out run by other DeZir's...

Don't you guys, who run maxpro DeZirs (1288), suffer from horrible matchmaking? I race mostly with cars ranked 1350-1420 (Atom, RR, Torq) and in almost every race there are 2,3,4 DeZirs. 
They stand no chance, of course  :'(
Dreamers' gonna keep dreaming, the big boss' gonna keep pouring turds on their heads

Igor Polski

Veteran

Windows PC

Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:25 pm
CortoMaltz wrote:
duke nuke em wrote:
Thanks guys,I to have found the Renault DeZir to be the 1288 machine,best if run triple boosted.Either due to Windows10 or hacks,often it is out run by other DeZir's...

Don't you guys, who run maxpro DeZirs (1288), suffer from horrible matchmaking? I race mostly with cars ranked 1350-1420 (Atom, RR, Torq) and in almost every race there are 2,3,4 DeZirs. 
They stand no chance, of course  :'(

Just max/pro'ed my Dezir and ran some races with it double boosted. I did well with it coming in second only to other Dezirs. The matchmaking so far has been pretty even except for Survolts that are around 100 higher. The Dezir will kill those easily.
no avatar

JZO

Apple (iOS)

Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:10 pm
It's really not fun in a race with ALL the same cars. That's the main reason I've grown quite bored with my Max pro dezir.
Racing name: The Silver 7.  
no avatar

Ewa Sobota

Google Play (Android)

Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:48 pm
my maxpro Dezir has a bad MM, I stopped using it. In ranks of 1,300 I prefer my Range Rover, he is faster by 16 km, he often rides against Dezir and easily beats him
Attachments
1563396340543-1440x810.jpg
1563396340543-1440x810.jpg (268.5 KiB) Viewed 252 times
1563396302912-1440x810.jpg
1563396302912-1440x810.jpg (214.04 KiB) Viewed 252 times