Speak about anything related to Asphalt 8!
no avatar

BT9

Veteran

Google Play TV (Android)

Formula 1 is in a bad way this year, fan interest is lagging and even the F1 drivers are complaining.  Why?  Mercedes has won nearly every single race due to a superior car.  Competition is dead.  This reminds me of back in 1998 when GT1 was completely dominated by Mercedes-AMG winning every single race and consequently no other teams fielded cars for 1999 and the entire GT1 class folded.  Doesn't this one sided racing remind you of something because it should?.

The current status quo, while not new by any means, is just not healthy for Asphalt 8.  The AR8SE is just simply *singularly* dominant from near stock in the 1000s to the 1600s ranks.  You may not even realize this if you don't play yet in Championship League but make no mistake AR8SE drivers are the gatekeepers for the extreme most part to Elite League.  Once you reach 2300-2500 rank you will find this out that if you don't drive one you simply have a second tier car and will feel how pointless it really is.  To add insult to injury, arrogant AR8SE drivers will often KD you while they come up from behind as you initially lead the pack dropping you down to 3rd or 4th place for no reason at all as you were never competition for them.  Your hard earned points will dissolve in a matter of minutes if you are running a MP session.  Adios MP ranking!  

Will we see another AR8SE R&D event?  Should we actually wish for it?  Because it just may yet ruin the game once and for all.   Now once you are well into the 2300's or so you will see an AR8SE in every race while Risking because they have no trouble at all getting there.  Sometimes you see 2.  Now imagine a flood of AR8SE's coming into the game and now there are always 2 or 3.  You have one too so the field is level but you don't dare race with any other car now except cars higher than 1700 rank because now they are at every ranking.  All other cars are just a waste of time and collecting dust. The game is now ruined in my opinion.
There is only 2 solutions for Gameloft.  ***Nerf the AR8SE, or add new cars in varying ranks which can compete with it but also have a narrow range they will be able to do so.***   Right now there is absolutely no reason to go for new cars that cannot compete with it.  All you need is a car that can hit Champion League.  Trying for any kind of ranking above that is really just wasted effort.

In the meantime, I am 2 races and out.  No reason to play MP more than that and if FL boxes were not handed out I doubt I'd even play every day...sorry GL.  I think you intended Risk as a counter to overpowered cars like the AR8SE but all it did was make them more overpowered and beat us even more frequently and harder than before!
Never underestimate another man's greed or obsession...

ash1

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

I don't really get why GL hasn't done one of three things:
1. Nerf it
2. Introduce competition
3. Offer it for cash
#3 would rake in lots for them. #2 likewise. Just sitting on the status quo is dumb all round. There have always been OP cars, but never one quite so rank-comprehensive, and (I think?) never one that's lasted so long...
Cars owned: 205
Racing name: Wuxifingerhold6

NoobDriver

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

This is an old topic... Do we have to start all over again?? Let me see if I could come with something new... 

Oh how about this?  I'm sure 100% not every Elite players drives one....

Peter2593

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

I don’t think GL will do anything about it. If they wanted to, they would have done it already.

Anyway, I haven’t seen a finish line box since a couple of days ago. Seems that GL decided I don’t need FLBs anymore.
no avatar

arcbow

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

as someone who has AR8SE, I have no comment.
I did hate it, and last update I got it, now I love it. LOL
own:133/~ I'm here to play game and having fun

Future Plan: a Collector.  p)

Sayaneechan

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

NoobDriver wrote:
This is an old topic... Do we have to start all over again?? Let me see if I could come with something new

And you are right, this has been discussed over and over. Seeing this again makes me think the rebalancing didn’t do much ::)
Vehicles owned: 200/232
Stars: 1860
Helmets: 1355
Licenses: 2555
Latest max proed vehicles: 2010 Bentley Continental Supersports, Nissan 370Z Special Edition, 9FF GT9 VMAX, Lightning LS-218

My Asphalt 9 club: Me, Myself & I
Sorry, it's private, it's just me alone and I have put it up to get some extra rewards. You shall not pass  ;)
no avatar

null

Veteran

Windows PC

The thing is most people complain when they don't have a certain car then think it's the greatest thing since sliced bread when they finally get theirs.  BT9 complained about the dominance of the M14a for instance.  Then he got one and it was all fine.  lol

Overpowered cars and MP-tuning have always been the story of Asphalt 8 and I think it was always a huge mistake.  I personally don't get any more enjoyment out of winning by half a minute as I do losing by that much but I think i'm in the minority.    GL develolped a great game then set out to ruin it one update at a time with brainless management and planning.
no avatar

null

Veteran

Windows PC

Sayaneechan wrote:
And you are right, this has been discussed over and over. Seeing this again makes me think the rebalancing didn’t do much ::)

I don't think it did.  I don't play a lot of MP anymore because I don't enjoy it or  being manipulated.   I run just enough races to get back to championship league for the tokens and parts box and that's about it.    I ran about 30-35 races so far this season and I don't think I was ever in a competitive race.   I'd either win by a lot or lose by a lot so that tells me rebalancing is a failure.
no avatar

BT9

Veteran

Google Play TV (Android)

Sayaneechan wrote:
NoobDriver wrote:
This is an old topic... Do we have to start all over again?? Let me see if I could come with something new

How OP the AR8SE is, I suppose so.. wasn't really my point.   But how things might change once a flood and mark my words a FLOOD of AR8SE's come into MP again as a result of another R&D?  Will it ruin the game?  I won't bother racing anything else unless it can beat one like my Beast Alpha (now upgrading for that purpose thanks to this season).
I just have to think GL has this ace up their sleeve waiting for a bad quarter or something.  Anyway, we are about 1 1/2 yrs out now from it's intro.  I think we might see it by early next year.
Never underestimate another man's greed or obsession...

no avatar

Dex1

Expert Racer

Windows PC

Arse drivers can have unfair mm too.
I know that i was matched with arses when driving beast alpha, beast x, even vulcan.
So arse is still powerfull but not that mutch like before. 
I didnt drive it few months for sure, i leaved it because was boring mp before GL start to make ranking adjustement.
Only good thing was farming MP rewards but in some point it become to boring.