Speak about anything related to Asphalt 8!
no avatar

BT9

Veteran

Google Play TV (Android)
Posts

546

Re: $50US for an AIE

Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:20 pm
100% certain they are going by sales data to make decisions so we should have at least 5 more months before we see any changes.
I am sure Vivendi makes the high level decisions anyway, so if they change to a less aggressive monetization model it will come from the top. Pleas, criticism and insults..cathartic maybe but otherwise a waste of time. It all comes down to profits and what is getting better numbers.
Never underestimate another man's greed or obsession...

 
no avatar

BT9

Veteran

Google Play TV (Android)
Posts

546

Re: $50US for an AIE

Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:56 pm
Also...for about as long as there have been free to play games they have been selling mounts in MMOs for up to $50 USD for the best ones (meaning fastest and best looking). I am talking about over 10 yrs this has been going on and it's still going strong. These represent even less than 1% of a game, in fact they are 0% as they are not even game progress just a luxury you don't even need. I played another game where game houses which were not even necessary were up to $200 USD.

I guess what I am saying is I don't find any of this pricing much different than what I've seen.  The only difference is this game is Pay to Win for sure while in other games people paid this kind of money for simply luxuries that made no difference.
Never underestimate another man's greed or obsession...

 
no avatar

VirtualBoyFreak

Senior Member

Google Play (Android)
Posts

145

Re: $50US for an AIE

Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:01 pm
Harry K wrote:
VirtualBoyFreak wrote:
blaine58 wrote:
I became a level 11 VIP rather quickly the first year that I played this game. Back then I won many R&;D's with a reasonably tuned car such as the MP4/8, not max pro. Not that it was that long ago but won the ARSE first time at a low tune and I believe I shelled out some dollars to do so. I'm now a level 14 and I doubt very much I'll ever go any higher because screw me once, shame on you. Screw me twice and shame on me. By that I mean, the costs associated with the pay to play system has become untenable. I get half-way through an R&;D and refuse to part with any money for tokens to auto pass or upgrade. Before I felt like I was gaining something. Not anymore.

McLaren MP4/8 was a championship, not R&;D. I'm very sure about that, mainly because it was the first event I ever won in A8 years ago, lol.


You're right @VirtualBoyFreak. Pedantic but correct. ;)

Lol :-P
User avatar

Harry K

Veteran

Windows Phone
Posts

2469

Re: $50US for an AIE

Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:38 pm
BT9 wrote:
Also...for about as long as there have been free to play games they have been selling mounts in MMOs for up to $50 USD for the best ones (meaning fastest and best looking). I am talking about over 10 yrs this has been going on and it's still going strong. These represent even less than 1% of a game, in fact they are 0% as they are not even game progress just a luxury you don't even need. I played another game where game houses which were not even necessary were up to $200 USD.

I guess what I am saying is I don't find any of this pricing much different than what I've seen.  The only difference is this game is Pay to Win for sure while in other games people paid this kind of money for simply luxuries that made no difference.


I wouldn't equate A8 with MMOs and I see your point about luxury items but if we're comparing apples to oranges...

The nice little racing game I've been playing (Beach Buggy Racing) came out just after A8 but has never been developed or updated. Only 15 tracks and 9 cars. The difference is that there isn't a discernable bug or glitch. You can complete the the game 100% for free but permanent double credits are a one time cash payment (£3.09). Premium mode (£3.89) removes ads, tickets, paint & decal costs and lets you play split screen. None paying customers can click a "do not show ads again" button and win tickets in free play (which pays good game credits).

This is good for me and good for the company because I will spend money on other releases. GL seem to work on sc***ing people and sod brand loyalty bases.
Ex Asphalt player.
no avatar

taki

Senior Member

Windows PC
Posts

339

Re: $50US for an AIE

Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:38 pm
Do you need 10,000 tokens to get MAX 5555?
User avatar

blaine58

Veteran

Windows PC
Posts

761

Re: $50US for an AIE

Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:38 pm
VirtualBoyFreak wrote:
Harry K wrote:
VirtualBoyFreak wrote:
McLaren MP4/8 was a championship, not R&;D. I'm very sure about that, mainly because it was the first event I ever won in A8 years ago, lol.


You're right @VirtualBoyFreak. Pedantic but correct. ;)

Lol :-P

My mistake. It's been over two years since it was avalible for the first time. All I remember is I got it at a fairly low tune. My world dosen't revolve around A8. By the way.....that's all you got out of that? Sad really!
no avatar

VirtualBoyFreak

Senior Member

Google Play (Android)
Posts

145

Re: $50US for an AIE

Wed Jul 17, 2019 3:13 pm
I only highlighted that (in a funny way, BTW), but I got more from your post. Nonetheless, I think that nothing we say here (we're 20-30 players... 100 maximum) is going to change GL/Vivendi's commercial strategy. What we have is here to stay, like it or not. There's thousands playing who don't post anything here and they seem to be enjoying a lot. I prefer to continue enjoying the game, accepting it as it is...
User avatar

blaine58

Veteran

Windows PC
Posts

761

Re: $50US for an AIE

Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:35 pm
VirtualBoyFreak wrote:
I only highlighted that (in a funny way, BTW), but I got more from your post. Nonetheless, I think that nothing we say here (we're 20-30 players... 100 maximum) is going to change GL/Vivendi's commercial strategy. What we have is here to stay, like it or not. There's thousands playing who don't post anything here and they seem to be enjoying a lot. I prefer to continue enjoying the game, accepting it as it is...

Just me being grumpy. You are right. Nothing we say on this forum will change GL's direction. It is too bad because I enjoy the game , but it's getting harder to adapt to the pay to play model they have been working towards the last several years. It's hard to justify spending hard earned tokens or cash when you know the cost will increase dramatically in the near future and what you're buying is way less than previously offered. Sooner or later the ends won't  justify the means.
no avatar

null

Veteran

Windows PC
Posts

712

Re: $50US for an AIE

Fri Jul 19, 2019 4:44 pm
blaine58 wrote:
 

Just me being grumpy. You are right. Nothing we say on this forum will change GL's direction. It is too bad because I enjoy the game , but it's getting harder to adapt to the pay to play model they have been working towards the last several years. It's hard to justify spending hard earned tokens or cash when you know the cost will increase dramatically in the near future and what you're buying is way less than previously offered. Sooner or later the ends won't  justify the means.


I bought a few things early on but stopped as soon as I realized how pervasive the cheating was on Windows.  I subscribe to the theory that while Gameloft may not encourage all the cheating, they enable it.   Paying costomers see the times the cheaters turn in and figure if they just pay they can do that too.  GL knows that.   Why would anyone in their right mind want to pay to play a game where so many people are cheating you out of everything in it?  Including the  company that made the game who are the biggest cheats of all.   

Now they've released a whole mode of play called Showdown where a hack that's been around for years, the no-crash hack, makes anyone running it invulnerable to all strikes.    Only a company like Lameloft.