Speak about anything related to Asphalt 8!

tktkii

Google Play (Android)

Re: $50US for an AIE

Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:24 pm
It is an almost dead king. Was about 1670 and was absolutely OP. GL ****** it, made it 1821 (MAX PRO is 1848). It is useless. Nothing in this game is worth any money. GL will change the rules and turn your expensive car into a junk.
no avatar

Alexatrom

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:33 pm
tktkii wrote:
It is an almost dead king. Was about 1670 and was absolutely OP. GL ****** it, made it 1821 (MAX PRO is 1848). It is useless. Nothing in this game is worth any money. GL will change the rules and turn your expensive car into a junk.

They call it „rebalancing“: turning rules & cars into junk, they don’t care.
Everyone‘s a Beta-Tester.

oldman65

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:01 pm
I started this topic to highlight and example of how GL has inflated the prices of items to the point where it has become unfair to players like myself who want to spend real money on this game to support it. If the AIE and other “exclusive cars” like the Hommage, Arash, etc... were available for a reasonable price; say $5-$10US (or an equivalent amount of tokens which I would purchase for real $$ as well.) Then players like me who have been willing, every year, to spend real money, would continue to do so. However, and the end of last year and particularly after the FLU, prices for everything have been inflated to highly unreasonable levels. It has gotten to where even the largest bundle of tokens (15,000) which costs $100US without a sale is not enough tokens to purchase any of the top end exclusive vehicles when they go on sale. Even for 50% off (which I haven’t seem in a very long time) you are still paying $50US for the best bundle that cannot buy best cars. I don’t like the idea of paying money for essentially, nothing. I’ve spent $1US this year instead of the hundreds from previous years, because there has only been one thing offered at a fair price. (1,100 tokens for $0.99US)

GL, please reconsider your A8 economic model. Give us affordable game resources and I’ll start spending money again. I want to support this game I love. Please show me the same respect.

Thanks.
Car I most want added to A8:
       1991 MAZDA 787B

ash1

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:12 pm
@oldman, the conclusion I've come to is that GL just want to **** in rich noobs. They don't care about 'loyal customers' or offering a fair price for anything. They are scam merchants. When one punter realises he's been conned, there'll be another to take his place.

A dumb and risky strategy imo, because the supply of new and naive punters is sooner or later going to dry up.

Such a shame. With a micropayment model, they could have had a ton of money off me over 5 years - and my gratitude and respect!
Cars owned: 212
Racing name: Wuxifingerhold6

Peter2593

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:28 am
Wwll, I got an offer of 15k tokens for the AIE a couple of days back but I never bought it even though I have sufficient tokens simply because it is impossible for me to maxpro it anymore. And it's pretty much useless if it is not maxpro anyway/

oldman65

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:40 am
ash1 wrote:
@oldman, the conclusion I've come to is that GL just want to **** in rich noobs. They don't care about 'loyal customers' or offering a fair price for anything. They are scam merchants. When one punter realises he's been conned, there'll be another to take his place.

A dumb and risky strategy imo, because the supply of new and naive punters is sooner or later going to dry up.

Such a shame. With a micropayment model, they could have had a ton of money off me over 5 years - and my gratitude and respect!

Yeah, that’s kinda what I’m thinking myself.

They are abandoning the veterans, even if they were paying customers. It’s too bad really. I probably would have spent ~$150US this year before they jacked everything to the sky. Instead, as a result of these changes, I’ve spent $1. I just can’t justify the expense for what I get. If they start being reasonable again, I’ll start spending again.
Car I most want added to A8:
       1991 MAZDA 787B

blaine58

Veteran

Windows PC

Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:41 pm
I became a level 11 VIP rather quickly the first year that I played this game. Back then I won many R&D's with a reasonably tuned car such as the MP4/8, not max pro. Not that it was that long ago but won the **** first time at a low tune and I believe I shelled out some dollars to do so. I'm now a level 14 and I doubt very much I'll ever go any higher because **** me once, shame on you. **** me twice and shame on me. By that I mean, the costs associated with the pay to play system has become untenable. I get half-way through an R&D and refuse to part with any money for tokens to auto pass or upgrade. Before I felt like I was gaining something. Not anymore.
no avatar

VirtualBoyFreak

Google Play (Android)

Tue Jul 16, 2019 3:26 pm
blaine58 wrote:
I became a level 11 VIP rather quickly the first year that I played this game. Back then I won many R&;D's with a reasonably tuned car such as the MP4/8, not max pro. Not that it was that long ago but won the **** first time at a low tune and I believe I shelled out some dollars to do so. I'm now a level 14 and I doubt very much I'll ever go any higher because **** me once, shame on you. **** me twice and shame on me. By that I mean, the costs associated with the pay to play system has become untenable. I get half-way through an R&;D and refuse to part with any money for tokens to auto pass or upgrade. Before I felt like I was gaining something. Not anymore.

McLaren MP4/8 was a championship, not R&D. I'm very sure about that, mainly because it was the first event I ever won in A8 years ago, lol.

Harry K

Veteran

Windows Phone

Tue Jul 16, 2019 3:52 pm
VirtualBoyFreak wrote:
blaine58 wrote:
I became a level 11 VIP rather quickly the first year that I played this game. Back then I won many R&;D's with a reasonably tuned car such as the MP4/8, not max pro. Not that it was that long ago but won the **** first time at a low tune and I believe I shelled out some dollars to do so. I'm now a level 14 and I doubt very much I'll ever go any higher because **** me once, shame on you. **** me twice and shame on me. By that I mean, the costs associated with the pay to play system has become untenable. I get half-way through an R&;D and refuse to part with any money for tokens to auto pass or upgrade. Before I felt like I was gaining something. Not anymore.

McLaren MP4/8 was a championship, not R&D. I'm very sure about that, mainly because it was the first event I ever won in A8 years ago, lol.

You're right @VirtualBoyFreak. Pedantic but correct. ;)
Ex Asphalt player. Tune for now - Mercury Rev - Goddess on the Highway - https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1xJbEoc5sDw

Harry K

Veteran

Windows Phone

Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:17 pm
The thing is as I see it, is that A8 has no real competition in mobile racing games. GL can get away with extortionate costs and some people will pay. They have abandoned a good, well tested market strategy of quality at an acceptable price by dropping quality and services and pushing pricing beyond belief.

The other problem here is that A8 is becoming less and less a mobile game. You need WiFi for so many things now it's only mobile because you can play it anywhere in your home and I can do that with a laptop.

So as others and I have said, why pay through the nose when there is other GL competition that's more affordable (and that work properly). Bad, bad move GL.
Ex Asphalt player. Tune for now - Mercury Rev - Goddess on the Highway - https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1xJbEoc5sDw