Speak about anything related to Asphalt 8!

ash1

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Re: $50US for an AIE

Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:26 pm
Yep. It is a good car though...

I really wonder - and I wish I knew - how many people actually spend on 'deals' like this. GL must figure there are enough dumb rich punters out there, or they surely wouldn't offer them.
Cars owned: 212
Racing name: Wuxifingerhold6

Sayaneechan

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:01 pm
ash1 wrote:
Yep. It is a good car though...

I really wonder - and I wish I knew - how many people actually spend on 'deals' like this. GL must figure there are enough dumb rich punters out there, or they surely wouldn't offer them.

There must be. Otherwise I doubt that microtransactions would still be a thing  ::)
Vehicles owned: 200/232
Stars: 1860
Helmets: 1355
Licenses: 2555
Latest max proed vehicles: 2010 Bentley Continental Supersports, Nissan 370Z Special Edition, 9FF GT9 VMAX, Lightning LS-218

My Asphalt 9 club: Me, Myself & I
Sorry, it's private, it's just me alone and I have put it up to get some extra rewards. You shall not pass  ;)

Danger Mouse

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Sat Jul 13, 2019 1:02 am
No car in this game is worth $50, even when brand new. The AIE certainly wasn't worth $50 because the X2 was on the horizon (Gameloft knew this but they didn't tell their customers).

So if the X2 was worth (say) $20 then the AIE was worth possibly $15 at launch. Now, since it's old (by the game standards) it might be worth $5.

However, because cars are now practically impossible to upgrade they're worth even less so $5 becomes $2.

So, is it worth paying $50 for a car worth $2? No.

US$

Peter2593

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Sat Jul 13, 2019 3:30 am
Let’s put it this way. $50 would get me a reasonably good meal at a good restaurant. And I’m sure I’d enjoy the meal more than playing A8...lol. And console games aren’t more than $50 either. Usually they are much less than $50 even for new titles.

JakeP

Veteran

Windows PC

Sat Jul 13, 2019 3:46 am
Harry K wrote:
OT. Go on Jake, what game did you buy? I also picked up the first 5 Elder Scrolls games for £40. That should keep me busy for a few years.

I bought "Medal of Honor: Allied Assault". Its regular price is 10 dollars, and I was willing to pay this price, but then because it took me some time to decide, when I visited the page to buy it, GOG had a promotion and was selling it for just 2.49 which made me buy it right away. It comes with two expansion packs that I never played so I have some nostalgia to replay (which I am doing) and then some new stuff. It is actually a tough game if you play on the most difficult level.

I played this game 17 years ago, I developed a website about it that, at one point, was getting one million page views per month. The website is still online, frozen in time: http://www.viol.com/mohaa/
 May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house.

blaine58

Veteran

Windows PC

Sun Jul 14, 2019 1:54 am
quailstorm wrote:
50$ is actually quite cheap compared to A9. There you can get half car for 300-600 USD. 

Which is why I played A9 for about  week and never bothered to again. It's boring when the car drives itself and too expensive to bother with

MaxPROdeLambo

Google Play (Android)

Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:27 am
The AIE offer just popped up for me. £49, which is 50usd plus some change.

Coincidentally that's how much it would cost to buy the emount of tokens you would need to buy one-time S king the 9FF V-Max. A car which you now cannot drive, since they made Mastery not repayable. Wouldn't you be pleased if you spent your 50 dollars on a car which you could only use for a few months before Gameloft arbitrarily removed your right to use it. Well that's what they did with the 9FF.

Theres a big article on evil loot boxes on the BBC website at the moment. Lots of stories of vulnerable families losing life savings. One can only hope that regulation will soon force companies like GL to behave.

Edit: there's a GL-appropriate spelling error for you above 😆

Sayaneechan

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:50 am
MaxPROdeLambo wrote:
The AIE offer just popped up for me. £49, which is 50usd plus some change.

Coincidentally that's how much it would cost to buy the emount of tokens you would need to buy one-time S king the 9FF V-Max. A car which you now cannot drive, since they made Mastery not repayable. Wouldn't you be pleased if you spent your 50 dollars on a car which you could only use for a few months before Gameloft arbitrarily removed your right to use it. Well that's what they did with the 9FF

9FF was made unavailable due to licensing issues with Porsche.
Mastery might be not replayable, but owners of the vehicle can still drive it elsewhere.
Vehicles owned: 200/232
Stars: 1860
Helmets: 1355
Licenses: 2555
Latest max proed vehicles: 2010 Bentley Continental Supersports, Nissan 370Z Special Edition, 9FF GT9 VMAX, Lightning LS-218

My Asphalt 9 club: Me, Myself & I
Sorry, it's private, it's just me alone and I have put it up to get some extra rewards. You shall not pass  ;)
no avatar

BT9

Veteran

Google Play TV (Android)

Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:31 pm
Hopefully 18k tokens is the highest token price they go???
Never underestimate another man's greed or obsession...

Racer name:  BTairborne

audiorapture

MVP

Apple (iOS)

IOS

Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:03 pm
BT9 wrote:
Hopefully 18k tokens is the highest token price they go???

I wouldn't bet on that.
IOS friending requires Facebook, send me a private message to link up
The FLU ate my stats.
Support Info: IOS, Player ID 6hde | Signature Update: May 29, 2019