Speak about anything related to Asphalt 8!

Danger Mouse

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Re: Showdown Mode feedback round up

Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:22 am
Bump.

@GL - you seem to have ignored all of our feedback that you consolidated in this thread for the most recent event.

Why?

Nive

Google Play (Android)

Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:00 am
Bump.

Nearly a month since Showdown was introduced and still no survey either.

Why?

NoobDriver

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:08 am
Cause they really don't need one... I think they've decided what to do next...
no avatar

null

Veteran

Windows PC

Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:32 pm
I have to admit i'm getting a bit of perverse enjoyment out of running MP races on Windows smetimes.  Just to see how many people's cars I can hit with strikes who have no shields yet are untouachable anyway.  :D

Danger Mouse

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:42 pm
null wrote:
I have to admit i'm getting a bit of perverse enjoyment out of running MP races on Windows smetimes.  Just to see how many people's cars I can hit with strikes who have no shields yet are untouachable anyway.  :D

Yeah, I'd probably do it too if the fuel requirement was 0 like it should be.
no avatar

null

Veteran

Windows PC

Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:51 pm
Danger Mouse wrote:
null wrote:

Yeah, I'd probably do it too if the fuel requirement was 0 like it should be.

I usually only run the other events once unless I crash.   The rewards in TLEs are so feeble now I don't usually even use boosts.   That leaves a lot of fuel through a day.   

Showdown mode isn't something i want to play at all but I'll run a race now and then and it's amazing how many people are cheating.  GL has always turned a blind eye to it for the most part.    I would bet that most of those in the top 100 of single player showdown events are running cheats.   Nobody apparently cares.   Even the players are resigned to it anymore.

JakeP

Veteran

Windows PC

Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:00 am
I don't believe in coincidences so when you see a player in position #1 in the LB, well ahead of position #2, then you have the unfortunate experience to race against such player and you are hit by him with a Surge Strike almost three times in a row (I was well ahead of everybody), it is impossible not to believe that this guy has a special hack going on... I ended up in 3rd, out of 4.  (Showdown MP TLE).
 May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house.
no avatar

null

Veteran

Windows PC

Fri Jul 19, 2019 5:24 am
JakeP wrote:
I don't believe in coincidences so when you see a player in position #1 in the LB, well ahead of position #2, then you have the unfortunate experience to race against such player and you are hit by him with a Surge Strike almost three times in a row (I was well ahead of everybody), it is impossible not to believe that this guy has a special hack going on... I ended up in 3rd, out of 4.  (Showdown MP TLE).

I had the exact same thing happen.  So far ahead that I couldn't see anyone on the map but got hit 3 straight times.   Apparently there's no distance limit on the surge strike but someone getting 3 of them one right after another is pretty fishy.   I already know a good share of these people are cheating using the no-crash hack.  It defeats every strike in the game so they're basically invulnerable.    Leave it to Lameloft to develope a mode of play where the cheaters have even more of a leg up on everybody else.

JakeP

Veteran

Windows PC

Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:31 pm
HA! And I said I don't believe in coincidence but for no good reason I decided to record my SD MP race, just this time, and I think it brought me luck because I had a great race, from disastrous to victorious... :-)

https://youtu.be/_mNv0a8nARg
 May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house.
no avatar

ARetardedCabbage1904

Google Play (Android)

Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:45 pm
I actually like it, although it's a bit unfair to others, it's still fun to play as a TLE. I don't care if I get hit, I don't care if I get last, this mode is basically for fun purposes for me. You get hit, you hit others, battling like that mobile game Beach Buggy Racing(hah, you Blur and Mario Karters!).

BUT, just DON'T put this in the Multiplayer World Series. If you do, the game will rot and disintegrate to thin air. The mode is for fun, not extreme stress, so don't put it in MP world series.
No more Asphalt 8 for me, just Minecraft, Superfighters, and GD now. I like creating maps, custom levels, and editor stuff. Bye A8. 

Fav Color: Light Blue, Blue

You saw nothin'...