Speak about anything related to Asphalt 8!

ash1

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Re: Showdown Mode feedback round up

Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:24 pm
Insanity. Definitely. At the moment it feels like a crap your cat has done behind the sofa. Every so often you go back to it and check - and yep, it's just as brown and squidgy and smelly as last time... :D

At least with SD you don't actually have to clear it up. Like bikes, it could be time for me to just boycott this completely.
Cars owned: 216
Racing name: Wuxifingerhold6

CortoMaltz

Google Play (Android)

Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:31 am
The ShMode helped me (like no other of all the numerous, previous bullshirts that gameloft introduced into A8) to distance myself from the game  ;)
This mode is so annoying to play, its' ridiculousness is to be believed by anyone who's over 10. 
Even 12-13 year olds were probably scratching their heads  ;D
Yeah, what were they thinking  :(
 Finally now i can put the game aside, and it feels good not to play, or to play once in a while
Would you mind getting steadily frustrated, trolled and annoyed even if you spend $? Are you having that feeling of being tricked and devalued? No worries! Welcome to the Gameloft world!   8-)
no avatar

null

Veteran

Windows PC

Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:43 am
nks71 wrote:
@Null
I did 01:47:xxx (could be 01:46:xxx but I was drifting with the shield at the end, for the festival quest!) after a few tries of course.
What it takes is pure luck, and get a couple of shields on the way.
I also go to the 1st place asap and if I don't find a shield in the first 2 power ups, I restart so I don't lose fuel.
HTH

I'm not buying it, sorry.  Not you but everybody in the top 100 is doing 1:45-1:46.    I've run the thing about 20 times and I can't make it even a quarter of the lap without being hit by surge strikes over and over again.  Even when I got the yellow hyperspeed at the beginning to stop the first one I would get hit again and again.   I just don't believe all these people are doing clean laps like that without cheats.

NoobDriver

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:46 am
@null : my time is 1:48:xxx and getting 1:45 should be possible with A LOT of LUCK...
no avatar

null

Veteran

Windows PC

Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:13 am
NoobDriver wrote:
@null : my time is 1:48:xxx and getting 1:45 should be possible with A LOT of LUCK...

1:45:00 is the best ****, er I mean time on Windows so far.   You must be playing it a LOT.  I just ran off another 10 races with new fuel.  I can't even make it passed the first two turns without getting zapped.  Even if i get a green shield or the hyperspeed to get way out front, i still get hit with the surge strike since that doesn't appear to have any distance limit.   I just don't buy that so many people are that lucky.  Not when I know the no-wreck hack defeats every strike in showdown mode.

Peter2593

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:26 am
null wrote:
NoobDriver wrote:

1:45:00 is the best ****, er I mean time on Windows so far.   You must be playing it a LOT.  I just ran off another 10 races with new fuel.  I can't even make it passed the first two turns without getting zapped.  Even if i get a green shield or the hyperspeed to get way out front, i still get hit with the surge strike since that doesn't appear to have any distance limit.   I just don't buy that so many people are that lucky.  Not when I know the no-wreck hack defeats every strike in showdown mode.

I played it about 25 times and finally got 1:48:8xx. For this one lucky lap, I got a hyper boost and shield, then got lightning struck, then got another shiled and got lightning struck again, then got the 3rd shield and got another lightning strike, then at the final stretch activated hyperboost to the finish line.

Out of 25 times, this was the only time I made it below 1:50, Next best time was 1:51.xxx and other times ranged from 1:52.xxx to 2:20.xxx when I got lightning strike 5 times and a couple of erased, shocked and distruted...lol

AllCarsBlue

Veteran

Windows PC

Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:07 am
The votings in this poll are clear: SD should be limited to TLE only: https://forum.gameloft.com/viewtopic.php?f=1505&t=683191

I like the festivals but I quit the present one because I'm fed up with SD.
Definition of a real L0ser: it's not the one who comes in last, it's the one who comes in first by cheating.
no avatar

nks71

Veteran

Windows Phone

Greece

Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:01 pm
null wrote:
nks71 wrote:
@Null
I did 01:47:xxx (could be 01:46:xxx but I was drifting with the shield at the end, for the festival quest!) after a few tries of course.
What it takes is pure luck, and get a couple of shields on the way.
I also go to the 1st place asap and if I don't find a shield in the first 2 power ups, I restart so I don't lose fuel.
HTH

I'm not buying it, sorry.  Not you but everybody in the top 100 is doing 1:45-1:46.    I've run the thing about 20 times and I can't make it even a quarter of the lap without being hit by surge strikes over and over again.  Even when I got the yellow hyperspeed at the beginning to stop the first one I would get hit again and again.   I just don't believe all these people are doing clean laps like that without cheats.

Well it's irrelevant if you buy it or not, I just shared my experience, I can understand the frustration of this event but as I said I was lucky!
Seems you're not :-D
no avatar

null

Veteran

Windows PC

Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:27 pm
nks71 wrote:

Well it's irrelevant if you buy it or not, I just shared my experience, I can understand the frustration of this event but as I said I was lucky!
Seems you're not :-D

Today I see people are even sneaking in to 1:44:xx territory.  They should change Showdown Mode to **** Mode.

Danger Mouse

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:22 am
Bump.

@GL - you seem to have ignored all of our feedback that you consolidated in this thread for the most recent event.

Why?