Speak about anything related to Asphalt 8!

Igor Polski

Veteran

Windows PC

Re: Ford GT 2017 R&D

Thu Jul 04, 2019 11:44 pm
8,000 tokens for TOU upgrades? I don't know that I'd give that many tokens to just buy the car at stock!

Old Gumby

Google Play TV (Android)

Fri Jul 05, 2019 3:56 am
Mate I'd rather go to work for 8 hours and spend a days wage on 1 small part of a computer game, farrk that!
no avatar

taki

Windows PC

Fri Jul 05, 2019 7:23 am
very nice! i love it, my dream came true
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (833.69 KiB) Viewed 187 times

Nive

Google Play (Android)

Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:28 am
I joked about calling this car such a gluttony because it's a huge resource pig.
But the car really looks like a pig from behind...

no avatar

artemgordiychuk

Google Play (Android)

Fri Jul 05, 2019 11:25 am
Timmr wrote:
For me (I expect most players), this is a farming event for tokens and cards with the investment of a few credits - nothing more. Very casual play so it does not matter when start, when you probably have no intention of going all the way to end.

90+ High Tech Cards is just not realistic without cash purchases. 4 TOU make it even more ridiculous.

I wonder why Gameloft makes ridiculous events like this. Be honest you just want players to spend money. So simply offer the car for purchase with cash and eliminate the event - save everybody the effort and annoyance.

The answer is simple. It's a trap. After the player invests time and credits or real money, he will start to feel sorry for the initial investment, and will be forced to push on and pay through the trap in order to get the time and money's worth. If you paid 4000 tokens to upgrade, you wouldn't be happy yo get nothing in the end. So you will be willing to pay any ridiculous price that the game throws at you to be done with it. 

It's not about your convenience. It's about millions of players who are forced to pay compared to 1 of you.

Gaming companies are trying to squeeze as much money as possible from the people before they get regulated by the governments of the world. If you are monitoring EA's Suprise Mechanics, you'd know what I am talking about.
no avatar

supermafy

Apple (iOS)

Roma

Fri Jul 05, 2019 11:38 am
I agree: it's a trap. I'll start the event teh very last day, and I'll see about lab4 and last AI the beteter strategy. I'd put 4000 tokens only if Lab4 and last AI are not too hard. 
Contrary, MAX 4444 and XXXXpro to tokens and cards farming
no avatar

taki

Windows PC

Fri Jul 05, 2019 11:38 am
i am just wondering, if this car needs 8000 tokens to get MAX ,5555.. What about the last AI in the last Lab ;D i remember bmw 3.0 csl hom. r&d.. i spent every damn token, reached vip lvl 4, spent all credits and after i got that car.. i wasnt very happy at all :D this r&d will be hard i think, very hard

Danger Mouse

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Fri Jul 05, 2019 12:02 pm
Massive TOU cost + ridiculous V6 and tech requirements + compressed time + pro final AI = just too many obstacles.

I have the resources required and the time to compete but because I know it will leave such a hole in my virtual wallet and a bitter taste in my mouth I will just harvest resources.

Well played Gameloft, well played. Idiots.

ash1

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Fri Jul 05, 2019 12:19 pm
Hmm... Agree with everything everyone's saying...but it is a nice car though...
I don't know, I've got the time, the tech, the free upgrades - and I'm sitting on 17k tokens ffs, what else am i going to do with them?! - and, I'm bored. Too many events just passing me by. Guess I should have got the beast x - but I didn't... ::)

I dunno. Should I toss a coin? :D
Cars owned: 207
Racing name: Wuxifingerhold6
no avatar

arcbow

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Fri Jul 05, 2019 12:54 pm
I can't beat AI with tune 2201 0000 ub  :-|
own:135/~ I'm here to play game and having fun

Future Plan: a Collector.  p)