Speak about anything related to Asphalt 8!
no avatar

ThundrWolf

Google Play (Android)

Re: Ford GT 2017 R&D

Sat Jul 13, 2019 6:35 pm
I'm going to wait until the next time it comes around, save at least 8k tokens for it, and then go for it. I'm cutting my losses at 2503 5050. At least my upgrades are saved and progress isn't exactly wasted.

ash1

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:18 pm
VirtualBoyFreak wrote:
Long story short: got fed up. Berserk mode. I had to skip test 46 because it was too much. One of the remaining tests was also a time limit test (skipped), another one was 9000 drift points (I had to save the results because you needed absolutely perfect runs), and test 49 was enjoyable in Guyana. Skipped test 50 and got the car at 4545-4252... Not worth it tbh. S9 race is on San Diego Reverse. I would have preferred Transylvania, but I admit I only had San Diego normal with the MP4-31. From now onwards, I'll possibly only try championships and buy cars directly from the garage if I have the resources. BTW, the AIE is available in the garage for 15k tokens, in case anyone's interested.

:lol: And I was about to share my big confession that I kept crashing in the China elimination and had to keep buying keys, and then I took one look at the Iceland flawless (#47) and auto passed. Congrats VBF. You must have bought a shed load of tokens!
Oh well, I'll keep slogging for another day or two. The car should be mine by Monday, I'm getting slightly alarmed at my trigger happy spending though :lol:
Cars owned: 207
Racing name: Wuxifingerhold6
no avatar

VirtualBoyFreak

Google Play (Android)

Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:28 pm
ash1 wrote:
VirtualBoyFreak wrote:
Long story short: got fed up. Berserk mode. I had to skip test 46 because it was too much. One of the remaining tests was also a time limit test (skipped), another one was 9000 drift points (I had to save the results because you needed absolutely perfect runs), and test 49 was enjoyable in Guyana. Skipped test 50 and got the car at 4545-4252... Not worth it tbh. S9 race is on San Diego Reverse. I would have preferred Transylvania, but I admit I only had San Diego normal with the MP4-31. From now onwards, I'll possibly only try championships and buy cars directly from the garage if I have the resources. BTW, the AIE is available in the garage for 15k tokens, in case anyone's interested.

:lol: And I was about to share my big confession that I kept crashing in the China elimination and had to keep buying keys, and then I took one look at the Iceland flawless (#47) and auto passed. Congrats VBF. You must have bought a shed load of tokens!
Oh well, I'll keep slogging for another day or two. The car should be mine by Monday, I'm getting slightly alarmed at my trigger happy spending though :lol:

Yeap, spent more than expected. I also did it because I wanted to go from VIP 10 to 11, which granted me 4k tokens and a 5% increase in the credits obtained in single player races. The only thing I'm sure about now is that I'll wait for 2 free class A upgrade from MP to Max out the car. I'll spend tokens on the cars when I see them offered in the garage. No more R&D for now...
no avatar

pizzaburg

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:44 pm
Does anyone know the payout for its Season 9 race? Good for farming?

ash1

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:58 pm
VirtualBoyFreak wrote:
No more R&D for now...

Wise decision.

Danger Mouse

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Sun Jul 14, 2019 12:46 am
For those that care, or for the next time around, you can not beat the first AI in Lab 3 with 4444/0000. At 4544/0000 it's possible with a very good lap triple boosted.

blaine58

Veteran

Windows PC

Sun Jul 14, 2019 1:47 am
I quit on the last AI in Lab 3. Can't beat him after 3 try's and I'm not spending any tokens to auto pass. Next time I'll get it. first time I've ever played an R&D smart. I've only quit on two other R&D's but from now on I'm not going crazy with tokens.
no avatar

VirtualBoyFreak

Google Play (Android)

Sun Jul 14, 2019 2:06 am
ThundrWolf wrote:
I'm going to wait until the next time it comes around, save at least 8k tokens for it, and then go for it. I'm cutting my losses at 2503 5050. At least my upgrades are saved and progress isn't exactly wasted.

You're going to need around 13k tokens without free class A upgrades... If you're going to try this R&D, I recommend 15k tokens saved, just so you're on the safe side.
no avatar

Dex1

Expert Racer

Windows PC

Sun Jul 14, 2019 6:55 am
Danger Mouse wrote:
For those that care, or for the next time around, you can not beat the first AI in Lab 3 with 4444/0000. At 4544/0000 it's possible with a very good lap triple boosted.

With my slow/rare play, im just there, 4424/0000. AI is faster but dont use shortest path. Tryed once DB and loose with 1,5-2 s.
I dont want to spend my only free A upgrade or/and my MT.
I want to upgrade car, even when i dont go for it, to get rid of V6 engines but MT are to precious.
So seems im done. Will try more for sure, but DB i think i cant and dont want to test with ET when idk if it is posibble or not.
ET can for sure help for another 0.5-1 S and maybe with excelent run is enough.

ash1

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Sun Jul 14, 2019 7:02 pm
Car won. The last AI was amazingly really easy, did it second try after crashing on the first, but with a very so-so lap. Bonus! :)

So here's my itemised spending spree. Bear in mind that:
1) I had a large token stash and didn't mind losing it.
2) I finished 48 hours early, so could have saved ~1000 quite easily.
3) I'm a very average driver, and if I sensed big trouble looming, I autopassed.

1 x upgrade (I only had 3 free A upgrades left): 2000
1 x V6 engine box (gave me 4, which was enough): 750
Opening labs 3 + 4 early: 2200
Buying keys (see above): 1847
Autopassing
(mainly lab 4 first AI, but also Venice and Iceland flawless - the rest were low-cost bits and pieces rather than buying keys): 3684
Saving QCs (20 x 45): 900

Grand total: 11381 tokens

So not cheap, but it's a nice car, and it was a zero stress Rnd :)