Speak about anything related to Asphalt 8!
no avatar

VirtualBoyFreak

Google Play (Android)

Re: Ford GT 2017 R&D

Sat Jul 13, 2019 9:32 am
ash1 wrote:
4 or 5, doesn't make much difference at this stage. First AI lab 4 is China, just did a so-so run DB and got beat by a second, but I'm a little drunk at this point so might just give it a rest and try TB tomorrow. Looks pretty do-able :)

I hope you're right. I'm at 3d5h from the end of the tournament, waiting for a key to recharge and try this first AI, test 44. If I don't need to use any tokens for extra keys or similar, I'll have around 3k by test 50, which I'm obviously auto passing. I hope the car is worth the (great) effort.

ash1

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:16 am
Good luck with China @VBS. I'm having a really, really bad day 😅 Yes it's do-able, but for some reason I just kept messing up the first bend, couldn't get it right and the AI zoomed ahead. 9 keys wasted, I got worse and worse as I kept trying. This is why I hate Rnds. To my shame, I autopassed.

So, #45: Classic Tennerife, 6 barrels + time trial for subgoals. No idea how you get 6 barrels on this one so didn't try. The time is fairly easy, or should be. Except Tennerife glitches on my phone fairly badly, and my first 2 tries I crashed grabbing qcs. 3rd try no problem - and then the @#*%ing #**tting **** failed to sync. So I buy another 3 keys... By this stage I'm so ****ed off and frustrated I crash on practically every corner 3 times in a row. So a 4 key test is going to take me 7...

I wish I'd played drunk last night now. I couldn't have done worse :D
Cars owned: 207
Racing name: Wuxifingerhold6
no avatar

VirtualBoyFreak

Google Play (Android)

Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:41 am
ash1 wrote:
Good luck with China @VBS. I'm having a really, really bad day 😅 Yes it's do-able, but for some reason I just kept messing up the first bend, couldn't get it right and the AI zoomed ahead. 9 keys wasted, I got worse and worse as I kept trying. This is why I hate Rnds. To my shame, I autopassed.

So, #45: Classic Tennerife, 6 barrels + time trial for subgoals. No idea how you get 6 barrels on this one so didn't try. The time is fairly easy, or should be. Except Tennerife glitches on my phone fairly badly, and my first 2 tries I crashed grabbing qcs. 3rd try no problem - and then the @#*%ing #**tting **** failed to sync. So I buy another 3 keys... By this stage I'm so ****ed off and frustrated I crash on practically every corner 3 times in a row. So a 4 key test is going to take me 7...

I wish I'd played drunk last night now. I couldn't have done worse :D

FYI, I auto passed China first AI too. With 4545-3252 is not doable, at least for me. I did a great race until the end, where I crashed against the bus. I ended up 5 seconds behind the AI. Even if I hadn't crashed, I would have ended 1.5-2 seconds behind. I'm as ****ed off as you. I've got 1k tokens (+200 tokens when the qualifying event finishes), so I'm going to have to buy minimum the 1.1k token pack... If only GL would give a discount for the token packages today. When I get the qualifying presents, I'll have enough AT's to get to 4545-4252, but it'll be just enough for the normal events, not for the last AI.

EDIT: to get 6 barrels on this one, on the hill where there are 2 barrel jumps (the hill where the qualifying event race begins), you have to enter the jump perfectly. You'll make 3 barrel jumps there. Your can also try to link the 1st left barrel jump with the 2nd right barrel jump and if done perfectly, get all 6 in one row, but it's a bit suicidal. I just made one race with all boosters active and got 9 qcs, all from the track. I only got 5 barrel jumps and obviously, the time objective was impossible gathering all the QC's from the track. If I'm lucky in the next runs, I'll do it with 4 more keys. If not, I'll need 5...

ash1

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:43 pm
At least you don't have time to worry about - I assume you've got til Tuesday? Good luck - shame about having to buy tokens! I'll definitely have enough, but I've been spending at a shameful rate. I'll do a full costing after the event, it should make shocking reading 😲 :lol:
no avatar

VirtualBoyFreak

Google Play (Android)

Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:48 pm
ash1 wrote:
At least you don't have time to worry about - I assume you've got til Tuesday? Good luck - shame about having to buy tokens! I'll definitely have enough, but I've been spending at a shameful rate. I'll do a full costing after the event, it should make shocking reading 😲 :lol:

After the event I've promised myself not to do any R&D for a while. They're too expensive both in time and money lately. Check the edit on my previous post for how to make 6 barrel jumps in Tenerife (I can't cut from the phone and paste it here...)

ash1

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Sat Jul 13, 2019 1:02 pm
Thanks VBF, I never thought of trying 3 off the first ramp, and linking them seemed too risky. Oh well...

Edit: Test 46: China elimination, no wrecks / 3 perfect runs. Easy 11 on first go. Can't do the pr's on this track though ::)
no avatar

VirtualBoyFreak

Google Play (Android)

Sat Jul 13, 2019 1:51 pm
ash1 wrote:
Thanks VBF, I never thought of trying 3 off the first ramp, and linking them seemed too risky. Oh well...

Edit: Test 46: China elimination, no wrecks / 3 perfect runs. Easy 11 on first go. Can't do the pr's on this track though ::)

Thanks Ash. I got 6 spin jumps doing 2 in the first lap (right jump, left one is too risky) and... 4 in the second lap! I got 4 barrel spins in a jump. Lucky lucky me. I got 13 qcs this second time around. 22/50 obtained. I think I'll need 3 more keys for this one. Thanks for test 46 info. I'll let you know the outcome.
no avatar

arcbow

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Sat Jul 13, 2019 3:12 pm
I took 1 day to beat First AI Lab 3 4505 0000 DB. now I have 3D10H for play Lab 3 till expire

Watched some AI's video, I wonder, did GL made those AI for 60 fps device? a little mistake, AI left you behind.
own:135/~ I'm here to play game and having fun

Future Plan: a Collector.  p)
no avatar

VirtualBoyFreak

Google Play (Android)

Sat Jul 13, 2019 5:53 pm
Long story short: got fed up. Berserk mode. I had to skip test 46 because it was too much. One of the remaining tests was also a time limit test (skipped), another one was 9000 drift points (I had to save the results because you needed absolutely perfect runs), and test 49 was enjoyable in Guyana. Skipped test 50 and got the car at 4545-4252... Not worth it tbh. S9 race is on San Diego Reverse. I would have preferred Transylvania, but I admit I only had San Diego normal with the MP4-31. From now onwards, I'll possibly only try championships and buy cars directly from the garage if I have the resources. BTW, the AIE is available in the garage for 15k tokens, in case anyone's interested.
no avatar

notanewbie

Apple (iOS)

Sat Jul 13, 2019 6:26 pm
Done at lab 3. Not going to pay tokens just to feel miserable. FU GL!