Speak about anything related to Asphalt 8!
no avatar

VirtualBoyFreak

Google Play (Android)

Re: Ford GT 2017 R&D

Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:11 am
ash1 wrote:
@VBF, are you able to max pro? If not, then autopass #40 even if you're world number 1. I hope you've got a lot of tokens...
The good(ish) news, #41 is actually fun :lol: Knock down where the AI is completely useless. There's no way in hell to get 2nd subgoal (16 KD without wreck, yeah right) but this test is easy in 4 keys.
(Edit: I can't play most of today so you might catch up with me...)

Impossible to Max Pro the car atm in my case, so I'll autopass #40 for sure. I'll see where I can reach during the 4 days that I still have remaining, and I'll take it with tokens from there... But as I said, this R&D is criminal.
no avatar

VirtualBoyFreak

Google Play (Android)

Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:46 pm
VirtualBoyFreak wrote:
ash1 wrote:
@VBF, are you able to max pro? If not, then autopass #40 even if you're world number 1. I hope you've got a lot of tokens...
The good(ish) news, #41 is actually fun :lol: Knock down where the AI is completely useless. There's no way in hell to get 2nd subgoal (16 KD without wreck, yeah right) but this test is easy in 4 keys.
(Edit: I can't play most of today so you might catch up with me...)

Impossible to Max Pro the car atm in my case, so I'll autopass #40 for sure. I'll see where I can reach during the 4 days that I still have remaining, and I'll take it with tokens from there... But as I said, this R&;D is criminal.

EDIT: test 41 is not knockdown, it's a classic race in one of the Tenerife tracks, finish 1st, with secondary tasks of doing 12 helicopters (4) and flawless (4). I like those tracks and they're fairly easy to get, so I should be okay. I auto passed test 40 per your suggestion. The thing is not that I'm not capable of doing that time in San Diego (I've farmed that track to death with the MP4-31), but the fact that secondary targets are near impossible with the car Max Pro, so go imagine with my tuning. Also, I'm pretty sure that most of the QC's are in the long part of the track, which means that you have to go for the objectives out for the track QC's, but not for both. Your estimations regarding token cost are quite accurate. Test 40 is better done auto passing if you're not Max Pro.

ash1

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:31 pm
Apologies, I missed a test and got the numbering wrong: Yes, #42 is the easy knock down. About the SDH time trial, yes, at max pro all the times are doable. Thing is, all your laps need to be immaculate, and you need to do 8 of them because as you say, there's only going to be 1 or 2 qcs the route you need to go. And the slightest mistake, you get zero. I prefer the flawless tests tbh, at least you can take your time and do safe laps.

#43 is another easy one, classic Dubai with drift subgoals. The bad news? Grab every qc and you only get 16, with 50 to get in total. So again, 4 keys... ::)
Cars owned: 207
Racing name: Wuxifingerhold6

blaine58

Veteran

Windows PC

Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:33 pm
Just collected the last reward box from Lab 3. Really GL? One AT awarded from the first three Labs, and you need how many to get this car to a tune to complete this R&D? This is even worse than the V8 requirements that have been the norm after the last several updates. Utterly Pathetic.

ash1

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:20 pm
Ha ha, I've now opened all boxes and got none at all.

NoobDriver

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:19 pm
I hope @ash1 enjoyed the sensation of spending so many AT on this car :D

blaine58

Veteran

Windows PC

Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:39 pm
ash1 wrote:
Ha ha, I've now opened all boxes and got none at all.

Wow, I must be special. Who knew? GameLoft must have made a mistake on my part then.

ash1

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:46 pm
NoobDriver wrote:
I hope @ash1 enjoyed the sensation of spending so many AT on this car :D

Well not exactly enjoyed. But I've got a few left. Tbh I'm only still here for fits and giggles, I was planning on saying goodbye to a8 when I got to 200 cars, so I've gone a little bit over...
no avatar

VirtualBoyFreak

Google Play (Android)

Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:51 pm
@Ash1, first try on test 42, 11 qcs achieved. Hopefully I'll get more qcs in the next runs, or else I'll need 5 tries for this one...

ash1

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:19 pm
4 or 5, doesn't make much difference at this stage. First AI lab 4 is China, just did a so-so run DB and got beat by a second, but I'm a little drunk at this point so might just give it a rest and try TB tomorrow. Looks pretty do-able :)