Speak about anything related to Asphalt 8!
no avatar

Aston Mutley

Windows Phone

Re: Asphalt 8 : Tournament Summer 2019

Mon Jul 22, 2019 5:06 pm
Pebble wrote:
My flag is british and so am I, but I travel through work a lot. I'd have to change my flag every other week if I wanted to show what country I am in at that time. Then change it back to the british one every time I got home.
I thought they only allowed one flag change, or maybe thats an old rule.

Hi Pebble. Spain a lot? If I remember correctly!? I can only suggest CC or Audiorapture, as Pepper only seems to be about extremely rarely. Unless you send him a PM!?
Good luck!!

Pebble

Veteran

Windows PC

UK / Spain

Mon Jul 22, 2019 5:40 pm
Aston Mutley wrote:
Pebble wrote:
My flag is british and so am I, but I travel through work a lot. I'd have to change my flag every other week if I wanted to show what country I am in at that time. Then change it back to the british one every time I got home.
I thought they only allowed one flag change, or maybe thats an old rule.

Hi Pebble. Spain a lot? If I remember correctly!? I can only suggest CC or Audiorapture, as Pepper only seems to be about extremely rarely. Unless you send him a PM!?
Good luck!!

Hi AM!
Yeh, Spain, South America etc. 
Was looking forward to this comp as I've got back into A8 recently but this might have put the brakes on my revival!

JakeP

Veteran

Windows PC

Mon Jul 22, 2019 5:45 pm
You cannot change flag back and forth. You can do it only once.
I also was removed from the tournament because I was on vacation, travelling in Canada with family. I took my laptop and played the tournament in Canada and I have been and always will be USA flag, even if I can still have my ONE chance to change it.
I will maybe write to CC, I have two Canada Custom stamps in my passport to prove that I visited Canada in those dates.
I cannot make TOP 10 now, I am pretty sure, but I could win those 100 tokens or at least 5 TK's... :-)
 May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house.

audiorapture

MVP

Apple (iOS)

IOS

Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:35 pm
What JakeP did is probably the best option - trouble is, in Europe with its open borders (for traveling inside the EU) you don't get passport stamps. But do you have a (personalized) train ticket or a boarding pass? Anything that proves that *you* were traveling.

Still - it won't guarantee that you will be reinstated, but it's the best chance, I think.
IOS friending requires Facebook, send me a private message to link up
The FLU ate my stats.
Support Info: IOS, Player ID 6hde | Signature Update: May 29, 2019

Pebble

Veteran

Windows PC

UK / Spain

Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:46 pm
Really not worth the bother.

Just a shame that a good idea of a competition that gets people interested again , seems to have been badly handled and will no doubt have the opposite effect on quite a few.
no avatar

Zwarrior Sumair

Google Play (Android)

Tue Jul 23, 2019 5:54 am
Lol All noobs playing tournament, pros don't get the event what a shame!
no avatar

VirtualBoyFreak

Google Play (Android)

Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:22 am
Dex1 wrote:
Im sure on yt will be good runs.
I will search for it when event start and post.
From now on only 10 best per country will advance, so really excelent run only will make it.

I searched for them and they weren't any good tbh... The best run I could find is the official one from GL showing the best run. I watched it several times, trying to improve some of the sections I thought could be improved and got to 1:03:393. I haven't been able to reproduce my 1:03:393 again (EDIT: 1:03:162 achieved, yay!), but I was able to shoot a video of a 1:03:6xx lap. In any case, GL's video has a better time. I recommend watching that one and trying to reproduce the lap improving those parts you see can be improved :)
Attachments
Screenshot_20190723-091743_Asphalt 8-1665x810.jpg
Screenshot_20190723-091743_Asphalt 8-1665x810.jpg (208.99 KiB) Viewed 88 times
no avatar

Dex1

Expert Racer

Windows PC

Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:42 am
I post in othet thread my run, quailstorm too, ruben video on yt is too.
from 1.02,5xx to 1.02,3xx.
Good runs that can be better but only by, maybe 0,2-0,3.
Browse trough this thread, there are links to videos  viewtopic.php?f=1505&t=684935 :
no avatar

VirtualBoyFreak

Google Play (Android)

Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:12 am
Dex1 wrote:
I post in othet thread my run, quailstorm too, ruben video on yt is too.
from 1.02,5xx to 1.02,3xx.
Good runs that can be better but only by, maybe 0,2-0,3.
Browse trough this thread, there are links to videos  viewtopic.php?f=1505&t=684935 :

Saw your video. Great lap, you improved exactly where I thought could be improved. As you say, you might get 0.2-0.3 better with a perfect lap improving on 1 or 2 sections of your race, but not much more. I'll keep on trying to improve my lap, but I'm not sure I can make it. I also see/guess you all play with left-right controls or keyboards to make those times. I got used to playing with accelerometer controls and I can't make any good runs with touch to steer controls, which I think are better for this kind of runs. Anyway, I'm still first in the Spanish event, so hopefully in a few days I'll have the Zeus Twelve Sigma in my garage :-P

ash1

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:36 am
Erm... I'm a bit late to the party, but is this cup only showing up for the top 100 in the Tennerife cup? Probably a dumb question. I clocked in at #104? - so I guess they must have actually cleaned up the LB slightly? :D

Run it a few times and this track is so glitchy on my phone I literally can't get round without crashing. Position #52 in the UK - only 69 people have run it so far!
Cars owned: 208
Racing name: Wuxifingerhold6