Speak about anything related to Asphalt 8!

Danger Mouse

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Re: Asphalt 8 : Tournament Summer 2019

Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:05 am
Schedule is on the first page people, we can blame GL for an awful lot but, aside from encouraging and accepting hackers and cheaters, they've not dropped the ball on this one yet.

22 July for the start of the next round.
no avatar

Aston Mutley

Windows Phone

Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:23 am
Pepper from Gameloft wrote:
Every stage will be preceded with a Training Session (Warm Up Cup ) so that you can test the track and vehicle before the real race starts.

Pepper states in his intro, so there should be a Training Session running now. Maybe they dropped the Training Session, like they have the Tag TLE's!?

Pepper from Gameloft

Community Manager

Windows PC

Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:59 am
Hey there!

So the Training Sessions will only happen 1 day before the real stage. So next one will start on Sunday 21st!

Regarding cheating, we are checking all the players manually before entering them on our esports website (which will be live hopefully tomorrow) In this website you can find the real leaderboards, so make sure you check here to see if you made it to the next stage.

Now regarding the exploit of the cave glitch, it's taken me a long time to answer due to the sadness of the situation. This is a glitch that we were not aware off and we could not forsee. The team decided to go on with our first edition of the tournament and apologize to everyone for this oversight.

This is only our first edition of a bi-annual event. We will only but improve on future iterations so please we beg for your patience.
Hello peeps! I'm Pepper, Game Community Manager from Gameloft   ;)
no avatar

Dex1

Expert Racer

Windows PC

Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:13 pm
Nice, so there will be excluded players.
I hope you will not just exclude cheaters, but permanently ban them and make a list of shame on that page too, so everyone will know who they are.
Its lot of work to check all, and to make  this list is only needed few minutes, so please consider my sugestion.
no avatar

quailstorm

Veteran

Windows PC

Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:39 pm
If we will see Fantome on website leaderboard, it will be funny (NOT).

(note that they have been included as contest winner in official GL A8 video, so I am concerned with a good reason)

Neilson

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:56 pm
I'm trippin on the duration of the tournament starts July 1st ends Sept 1st 2 months No Thanks I'll sit this one out ! I know for a fact hackers have won the previous tournament,s ! I've seen vid,s of em opening their GL gift,s !
no avatar

notanewbie

Apple (iOS)

Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:25 pm
Now regarding the exploit of the cave glitch, it's taken me a long time to answer due to the sadness of the situation. This is a glitch that we were not aware off and we could not forsee. The team decided to go on with our first edition of the tournament and apologize to everyone for this oversight.

That’s just lies or shows the incompetence/laziness from the Dev team. I bet next will be Ice Cave with the invisible wall that GL knows about but refuses to fix.

Danger Mouse

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:47 pm
Pepper from Gameloft wrote:

That's pretty weak. Of course you can anticipate problems when you rely on broken software.

This glitch exploited your broken implementation of instant replay. If you'd fixed or removed instant replay then there would be no glitch.

So, you must fix or remove instant replay before the tournament continues. In fact, why isn't it disabled whilst you fix it? Why should your customers have to suffer?

You (Gameloft) are not doing a good enough job. This is now a premiumly priced game, you need to provide a premium service.
no avatar

Grizzy

Google Play (Android)

Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:02 am
At least put some effort in for rewards they should be unique for these supposed best players in the world I think should be a unique special edition car that goes 1000mph with hacker decals.
no avatar

tmaddi2020

Apple (iOS)

Fri Jul 19, 2019 4:40 am
I think It's really neat to start off with a MAX PRO S-class Lykan Hypersport for the Summer tournament event.